Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

Old May 12th 2010, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

canihope is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by stokesey
Good luck to you too, our time will come (hopefully).

Looking on the positive side, the longer it takes the longer we have for the exchange rate to pick up!!

I've just done some sums and the difference between £1 = $2 (what we budgeted on) & £1 = $1.53 (current rate) has cost me $130,000...... Ouch!!

I'll be living in a shop doorway at this rate!!

All the best.
Stokesey, you are right of course about the exchange rate, between watching that go down and our estate agent constantly trying to get us to reduce the house asking price (again) we will probably end up neighbours with us in the next doorway! (will need extra large doorway - have four small children - maybe walmart doorway will do?
Old May 13th 2010, 3:21 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by loety
Hi all,

Just check ECAS and as of today has changed to IN PROCESS.They started processing on the 4th of may.
We are so happy as we seen a lot of people with the same AOR timeline already in process for a while.We thought CIC forgot about us.
Hopefully medical request will be next.

Good luck to all still waiting.
Good news

What did your ECAS say before it turned to in process? Ours doesnt vsay anything yet and I just wanted to know if thats the norm. I am not expecting in process for a couple of months yet but, just wondered if what I get is correct.
Old May 13th 2010, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

readytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nice

we just got a letter from CHC but I have no idea what it says yet. They only started processing our app 24 April according to ECAS so now I'm worried they have just rejected us straight away. Seems a little fast for med requests.
Old May 13th 2010, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

trumptons will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by readytomove
we just got a letter from CHC but I have no idea what it says yet. They only started processing our app 24 April according to ECAS so now I'm worried they have just rejected us straight away. Seems a little fast for med requests.
Can't you get you Mum to open it?...I don't think I couldd stand the suspense! It is your med requests...is there any reason why they might reject you?

My thoughts are with you!
Old May 13th 2010, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

readytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nicereadytomove is just really nice

Originally Posted by trumptons
Can't you get you Mum to open it?...I don't think I couldd stand the suspense! It is your med requests...is there any reason why they might reject you?

My thoughts are with you!
I asked her to do that but she posted it on already! the next week is going to kill me

There is no real reason for rejecting us I can think of, i just always worry about the worst. ECAS still says In Process so hopefully thats possitive.
Old May 13th 2010, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Originally Posted by readytomove
I asked her to do that but she posted it on already! the next week is going to kill me

There is no real reason for rejecting us I can think of, i just always worry about the worst. ECAS still says In Process so hopefully thats possitive.
I read on here somewhere that if you get correspondence in a white envelope it's bad news, brown is good.

Can't remember where I read it or if it's true?

Good luck anyway!!
Old May 13th 2010, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stokesey
I read on here somewhere that if you get correspondence in a white envelope it's bad news, brown is good.

Can't remember where I read it or if it's true?

Good luck anyway!!
Sorry cant do the link thing to another thread but Robin posted this

Medical request!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How exciting it was to hear the sound of post arriving on the doormat this morning yet again but on this occasion to see that brown envelope lying there, wondering if it was from CHC.

I had to pick it up and turn it over........where I then saw the CHC return address........I was all a bundle of nerves wondering if the letter was going to send us onto our medicals or to reject us on one of the many possible grounds that they might come up with for our circumstances.....

BUT no.....

inside were our medical requests

Yep would seem brown is good. Can she remember the colour???
lns
Old May 14th 2010, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

StopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant future

any colour would do for me right now..

I just want to hear something...

:~
Old May 14th 2010, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

BumbleBeeUK will become famous soon enoughBumbleBeeUK will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by StopTheClocks
any colour would do for me right now..I just want to hear something... :~

I am soooo with you there stop the clocks!
Old May 14th 2010, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

loety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really nice

Hi Miss clinique,

We received our AOR on the 25/01/10 .ECAS changed on the 26/01/10 "to received by visa office" CIC started processing on the 4 th May and ECAS changed to "in process" on the 10 th of May.
Old May 16th 2010, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

StopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant futureStopTheClocks has a brilliant future

Do they provide you with a list of places to go, when they request medical tests etc?...

How does it work?...

Thanks for the help..

Just wanting to know if I need to prepare for anything really, before it comes through...

Thanks
Old May 16th 2010, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

BumbleBeeUK will become famous soon enoughBumbleBeeUK will become famous soon enough

Do they provide you with a list of places to go, when they request medical tests etc?...

How does it work?...

Thanks for the help..

Just wanting to know if I need to prepare for anything really, before it comes through...

Thanks
hey - yes they send you the list of who to book with... i asked someone that question and he sent me the list he was given. I rang around to find out how long you have to wait for an appointment and how much it all costs. They seem to be able to book you in quite efficiently. and they all cost around the same price too.

I did research on the CIC site re medicals..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...exams-perm.asp

Below is the link to the DMP's (designated medical practitioner) handbook, basically everything to expect in the medical. Mind you i have had a medical so maybe someone that has could confirm if this is right or wrong! I think i have the right link! but basically you can see that there is a lot of information regarding all this on the CIC's site:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...book/index.asp

Happy reading!

Last edited by BumbleBeeUK; May 16th 2010 at 4:56 pm.
Old May 16th 2010, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

canman will become famous soon enoughcanman will become famous soon enough

How does it work?...

Thanks for the help..

Thanks
Hi I just got a standard letter telling me to arrange medicals, there was no list with it .found my doctor on cic list on the web. Best of luck
Old May 16th 2010, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by canman
Hi I just got a standard letter telling me to arrange medicals, there was no list with it .found my doctor on cic list on the web. Best of luck
Thanks Canman
What stage are you at now?...
Medicals done.. now waiting on CIC again?...
Old May 16th 2010, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BumbleBeeUK
Happy reading!
Thank you for helping me/us on this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.