Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

Old May 10th 2010, 5:54 pm

gjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOR from London Jan & Feb 2010 - Progress updates

Our latest crisis is we can't now complete the medicals as our daughter's passport is out for renewal and they won't do medicals without passports (why oh why didn't I realise this!!?) Uuugghh it's always something, now just crossing all fingers that the passport comes back soon!!
Old May 10th 2010, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

canman will become famous soon enoughcanman will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gjack
Our latest crisis is we can't now complete the medicals as our daughter's passport is out for renewal and they won't do medicals without passports (why oh why didn't I realise this!!?) Uuugghh it's always something, now just crossing all fingers that the passport comes back soon!!
just done our Meds birth certs are ok as ID. didnt have to show passports
Old May 10th 2010, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

loety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really nice

Hi all,

Just check ECAS and as of today has changed to IN PROCESS.They started processing on the 4th of may.
We are so happy as we seen a lot of people with the same AOR timeline already in process for a while.We thought CIC forgot about us.
Hopefully medical request will be next.

Good luck to all still waiting.
Old May 10th 2010, 8:39 pm

Hi Canman do you mind saying where you had your medicals as I've tried two places so far and they've both said we need passports so would be great to find one that didn't
Congratulations loety-well done
Old May 10th 2010, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

canihope is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Stokesy,
Commiserations, I'm feeling your disappointment today.......you and I have the same AOR date of 29Jan and looking at the other timelines of those with AOR a week before us changing to InProcess last week I was so so sure this would be our week to change, so I am really gutted today!

I know CIC say they update once a week and people seem to have changed today so I dont know if there is any point even looking tomorrow but look I will.(and every other day after that)
Good luck
Old May 10th 2010, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Good luck to you too, our time will come (hopefully).

Looking on the positive side, the longer it takes the longer we have for the exchange rate to pick up!!

I've just done some sums and the difference between £1 = $2 (what we budgeted on) & £1 = $1.53 (current rate) has cost me $130,000...... Ouch!!

I'll be living in a shop doorway at this rate!!

All the best.
Old May 10th 2010, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

loety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really nice

Thank you Gjack and good luck with your medical.
Old May 11th 2010, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Binty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really nice

Hi gjack,

We had our meds at Horsham (Holbrook Surgery) and we didn't need passports. We took them along but nobody asked to see them. As Canman says, just take your birth certificates.

Hope this helps and good luck with the meds

Binty
Old May 11th 2010, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Canman do you mind saying where you had your medicals as I've tried two places so far and they've both said we need passports so would be great to find one that didn't
Congratulations loety-well done
Hi gjack

had them done in Horsham as Binty said.thing is I would`nt make an issue of asking about the need for passports i was`nt asked for them.
just take your birth cert`s and your CIC Instructions for arranging Meds: Para 3 when you attend the medical examination the following are required.
(Number 2)PROPER IDENTIFICATION, PASSPORT OR BIRTH CERTIFICATE MUST BE PRESENTED AT THE MEDICAL EXAMINATION.

Hope this helps you
Old May 11th 2010, 8:08 pm

Thanks a lot for this canman, we may make the journey to horsham or somewhere else that doesn't actually list passport as one of their requirements, if my daughter's passport doesn't come by end of next week...
Old May 11th 2010, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot for this canman, we may make the journey to horsham or somewhere else that doesn't actually list passport as one of their requirements, if my daughter's passport doesn't come by end of next week...
Good luck try not to make them an issue, it will only increase your blood pressure.........
Old May 12th 2010, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Glam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really nice

Originally Posted by stokesey

I've just done some sums and the difference between £1 = $2 (what we budgeted on) & £1 = $1.53 (current rate) has cost me $130,000...... Ouch!!

I'll be living in a shop doorway at this rate!!

All the best.
Bit like that too......scary. it starts to head up closer the the 1.8's or 2 if very lucky

Gav.

p.s. still nothing on the meds request.
Old May 12th 2010, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

BumbleBeeUK will become famous soon enoughBumbleBeeUK will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone
thought i would join this time line - i know i don't have exactly the same as you all, but i am on month 10 so am not the norm... still waiting to hear back from my last update.

I was hoping to get med request in feb, but instead i got a request for more information regarding my employment history. Its a real gutting feeling when you realise an extra sentence on a reference explaining the position would have saved months of waiting! Grrr!

Good luck all
bbuk
Old May 12th 2010, 12:16 pm

Hi bbuk, good luck with the extra info, hope it's speedy for you
Old May 12th 2010, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

canihope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BumbleBeeUK
Hi everyone
thought i would join this time line - i know i don't have exactly the same as you all, but i am on month 10 so am not the norm... still waiting to hear back from my last update.

I was hoping to get med request in feb, but instead i got a request for more information regarding my employment history. Its a real gutting feeling when you realise an extra sentence on a reference explaining the position would have saved months of waiting! Grrr!

Good luck all
bbuk
Best of luck to you bumblebeeuk and welcome hopefully it won't be too long more for you,
Hang in there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.