Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Jun 11th 2015, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by BritInParis
HMPO isn't carrying out a background check - it's verifying that the documents you have provided are genuine to prevent British passports being issued to non-British citizens using forged or counterfeit documents as the Philippines is a high risk country for fraud. This means going to the local Filipino authorities and getting them to check their original birth registers. If anyone is holding up your application they'll be in the Philippines not Liverpool.
So is it the Consulate/Embassy, primarily in charge of verifying the documents?
Or does the HMPO directly contact the individual offices like NSO/ONS (National Statistics Offices for birth certificates)?

Originally Posted by raihk2015
Actually I was in the UK twice on a visa to appear in two exams previously and I had supplied them with a hell lot of original documents and their photocopies. Twice I was given a visa. I returned back on time, did not over stay or even do anything that was against law when the UK.
I think they may had made the security checks then as well. The documents that I have provided are just those this time as well. They provided me with the British citizenship but I am stuck with the British passport now. Nothing much I can do. I have no any intentions to milk the British economy. If I travel to the UK, I will be there to provide the society with whatever skills I have. May God and the passport officials be kind on us.
I'm afraid the passport officials serve quite different gods from ours. And they don't care much about us not in the UK.

They call them Theresa May, Paul Pugh and Mark Thomson.

Hahahaha... nevertheless godspeed and good tidings to us both.

Last edited by knighstrike; Jun 11th 2015 at 3:12 am.
Old Jun 11th 2015, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

raihk2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by knighstrike
Or does the HMPO directly contact the individual offices like NSO/ONS (National Statistics Offices for birth certificates)?

I'm afraid the passport officials serve quite different gods from ours. And they don't care much about us not in the UK.

They call them Theresa May, Paul Pugh and Mark Thomson.

Hahahaha... nevertheless godspeed and good tidings to us both.
I can't say much my friend. But what I am sure is we are unnecessarily being made to wait for a British passport. It was provided after an oath taking ceremony in the British consulate here. The oath was taken in front of the British consul general.
And to tell you it is really painful about being made to wait this long. What do you feel, Is it good to make people wait for their passport after the home office has provided you with the British citizenship?
Old Jun 11th 2015, 9:42 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I think it would depend on the individual country involved but either way you're waiting for another country's bureaucracy to help you out which they're probably not particularly inclined to do in a hurry.
Old Jun 12th 2015, 3:29 am
Just Joined

Lamma Chameleon is an unknown quantity at this point

Forgive me for sharing my recent experience. I apologise to those of you who have been waiting for months and months - it is not my intention to upset or irritate you by posting this.

I applied as soon as possible after the birth of my daughter here in Hong Kong. The official timescale given online is "At Least 8 Weeks".

I had been gathering documents for the last six months and thought I had all my ducks in a row. My wife and I are both British citizens, both born in the UK before 1 Jan 1983, and our countersignatory was a lawyer and British passport holder who has known my wife for 9 years

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application Type: Child's First British Passport
Child birth place: Hong Kong
Location of application: Outside UK - Hong Kong

Application completed online: 27/05/2015
Completed application couriered to UK: 28/05/2015
DHL Delivery signed for in Liverpool: 01/06/2015
Online Tracker Status Changed To Processing: 02/06/2015
Passport issued on: 08/06/2015
Online Tracker Status Changed To Dispatched: 09/06/2015
Passport delivered to me on: 12/06/2015

Further details:
Counter signatory contacted: NO
Interview required at embassy: NO
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Documentation sent:

Completed Declaration Form
Professionally Taken Passport Photos
Full UK Birth Certificates for both parents
Deed Poll Name Change Proof for mother
Marriage Certificate (UK marriage, cert dated Feb 2014 so no longer officially required, but sent anyway)
Colour copies of our Hong Kong ID cards
Colour copies of our British passport photo pages
The lease agreement on our HK flat with the relevant stamp duty certificate attached from the Inland Revenue Service in HK, confirming name and address of applicant.
Business card of countersignatory to confirm/append contact details.
Old Jun 12th 2015, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lamma Chameleon
Forgive me for sharing my recent experience. I apologise to those of you who have been waiting for months and months - it is not my intention to upset or irritate you by posting this.

I applied as soon as possible after the birth of my daughter here in Hong Kong. The official timescale given online is "At Least 8 Weeks".

I had been gathering documents for the last six months and thought I had all my ducks in a row. My wife and I are both British citizens, both born in the UK before 1 Jan 1983, and our countersignatory was a lawyer and British passport holder who has known my wife for 9 years

Application Type: Child's First British Passport
Child birth place: Hong Kong
Location of application: Outside UK - Hong Kong

Application completed online: 27/05/2015
Completed application couriered to UK: 28/05/2015
DHL Delivery signed for in Liverpool: 01/06/2015
Online Tracker Status Changed To Processing: 02/06/2015
Passport issued on: 08/06/2015
Online Tracker Status Changed To Dispatched: 09/06/2015
Passport delivered to me on: 12/06/2015

Further details:
Counter signatory contacted: NO
Interview required at embassy: NO

Documentation sent:

Completed Declaration Form
Professionally Taken Passport Photos
Full UK Birth Certificates for both parents
Deed Poll Name Change Proof for mother
Marriage Certificate (UK marriage, cert dated Feb 2014 so no longer officially required, but sent anyway)
Colour copies of our Hong Kong ID cards
Colour copies of our British passport photo pages
The lease agreement on our HK flat with the relevant stamp duty certificate attached from the Inland Revenue Service in HK, confirming name and address of applicant.
Business card of countersignatory to confirm/append contact details.
You don't have to apologise for anything. And really, it was nice to hear good news for once.

But you submitted from HK, a regional consulate/embassy, that's a given that it will be faster.

They say everyone is equal when it comes to passport processing. But really, it depends on where you are from. That's just how the world works.

Cheers!
Old Jun 12th 2015, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Lamma Chameleon is an unknown quantity at this point

Should just add, I obtained both long-form and short-form Hong Kong SAR birth registration documents for my daughter, because the long-form one doesn't show her full name as [Surname, Name(s)], just [Names(s)]

The Hong Kong birth registrar explained that this was because under the standing conventions in Hong Kong babies take their father's surname, if the parents are married.

However because I wanted a document which showed a more international standard [Surname, Name(s)] format I paid extra for the short-form.

I sent copies of both with her passport application.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 4:18 am
Just Joined

muneca_rusa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Is there anybody who has recently applied in Moscow? The website states that the waiting time is AT LEAST 10 weeks, and the person to whom the documents have been submitted has confirmed that it is around 10 weeks, sometimes less, sometimes more, depending on an individual case.

So, I´m wondering what sort of experiences recent applicants in Moscow have had.

Thanks and good luck to everybody!
Old Jun 19th 2015, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Everyone is inactive here. Has everyone received their passport. Friends please update your status and help us in doing the processes and enquiries that you did to get your passports.
Old Jun 19th 2015, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

Faree is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello raihk

I m far from getting my sons passport. I haven't posted for a while cause I am just too frustrated and upset.

As mentioned my husband had second interview on 6 June and I called yesterday and they did not even had any info of that interview. The guy I talked to a bit nice and said its u dear checks but I can see that application in not being currently looked upon so he requested an update from examiner and said I wud get email. Nothing as yet and tomorrow is weekend.

I m dreading dna route....if they request for that it will take too much more time and a lot of money. I m in 36 weeks completed 8 months last week.

Weepy, for sure...
Old Jun 19th 2015, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

Zau24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Faree!
We are on our 7 month and even haven't had an interview yet.
Old Jun 20th 2015, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Faree
Hello raihk

I m far from getting my sons passport. I haven't posted for a while cause I am just too frustrated and upset.

As mentioned my husband had second interview on 6 June and I called yesterday and they did not even had any info of that interview. The guy I talked to a bit nice and said its u dear checks but I can see that application in not being currently looked upon so he requested an update from examiner and said I wud get email. Nothing as yet and tomorrow is weekend.

I m dreading dna route....if they request for that it will take too much more time and a lot of money. I m in 36 weeks completed 8 months last week.

Weepy, for sure...
It's very sad to know that. We can't wait for our whole life, isn't it? Let's see. Life is all about expecting the unexpected. Well keep posting your updates friend.
Old Jun 20th 2015, 11:18 am
Just Joined

B2K420 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,
Just an update, last week I just lost it I then sent letter(**complaint) via e-mail to below people.
  • Mr Philip Barton CMG OBE: British High Commissioner to Pakistan (based at Islamabad)
    E-mail: [email protected], Twitter: @PhilipRBarton, Tel: +92 51 201 2129/2127, Echo: 405 2101/2127
    E-mail sent on: 15-June-2015, Reply received on: 16-June-2015
    He copied in [email protected] in his reply as my good MP has also been chasing HMPO regarding my case.
  • Rt Hon James Brokenshire MP: Minister for Immigration (HMPO)
    E-mail: [email protected], Tel: 020 7219 8400
    E-mail sent on: 14-June-2015, Reply received on: Automated reply received straight away “Emails relating to Home Office, Visa or Passport enquiries will not be replied to. If you are contacting me about my responsibilities as Immigration Minister, you should re-send your email to: [email protected] or call the Home Office on 020 7035 4848.
  • Rt Hon Theresa May MP: Home Secretary
    E-mail: [email protected]
    E-mail sent on: 14-June-2015, Reply received on: Not yet
  • Mr Mark Thompson: Director General of HMPO
    E-mail: [email protected]
    E-mail sent on: 14-June-2015, Reply received from “Liverpool Complaints Team, HMPO, PO Box 767, Southport, PR8 9PW, [email protected]” on 15-June-2015 in response to my e-mail to Mr Mark Thompson.

**Complaint: HMPO Islamabad was refusing to give my wife & son DNA test appointment and were coming up with lame excuses the truth was they give DNA test appointment for a certain day only when they have at least 8 families/applications waiting to be DNA tested.

After the reply from Mr Barton, HMPO Islamabad called my wife and gave an appointment after 47 days, I guess something is better than nothing.HMPO Islamabad said they have no other appointment available before that time.

HMPO received first child Passport application in UK: 19-AUG-2014
DNA Test appointment given to child and mother (Pakistani national): 03-AUG-2015

It will take a week? for the DNA Kits to be delivered to the Lab in UK and the lab shall send the result within 5 weeks to Overseas Enquires Team London and HMPO Islamabad so roughly after 14 months (since receiving the application) HMPO should be in a position to issue the passport.

Last edited by B2K420; Jun 20th 2015 at 11:27 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2015, 8:55 am
Just Joined

mohsan786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally passport received
Application submitted <<<snip>>>
application submitted 09/10/2014
Additional documents submitted 12/12/2014
Counter signatory contacted 08/03/2015
District council contacted 19/03/2015
Interview conducted 29/03/2015
Passport received 23/06/2015

Good luck every one

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 5th 2015 at 12:13 pm. Reason: Name removed
Old Jun 26th 2015, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

After 14 months of waiting, finally I have a decision now mates.

Good luck to others waiting as well. If I can make it through 14 months of hell, you can too. lol.
Old Jun 27th 2015, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

After 14 months of waiting, finally I have a decision now mates.

https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...02960742_o.jpg

Good luck to others waiting as well. If I can make it through 14 months of hell, you can too. lol.
Hello friend
Seems like you will be receiving your passport soon. Please do not forget to share that good news with us as well. Since we are also going through this painstaking process, it would provide relief to us. Moreover, we also will feel happy for you.
Thanking you again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.