Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Jun 6th 2015, 7:51 am
Just Joined

B2K420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Komfo,
Congratulations, I would say well done to you/your MP not to the HMPO. You kept chasing HMPO even if you knew they will not be much of a help.
--------------------------
I had my DNA test and the examiner said she will contact BHC/HMPO Pakistan to give my family DNA test appointment ASAP but I have heard nothing from them yet. BHC/HMPO Pakistan is saying they have NOT received any request to DNA test my family from UK Examiner/Overseas Enquires Team London/HMPO Liverpool and will not give appointment.
A source in BHC/HMPO Pakistan said they will only give DNA test appointment once they have over a certain number of people waiting for DNA test till that time there is nothing you can do about it.
I have e-mailed my MP on 03-June-2015 requesting him to chase HMPO or speak to HMPO Minister on my behalf.
Old Jun 6th 2015, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

Faree is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats komfo. Great news.

My hubby had his second interview today...he was told that he wud hear from them in 3-4 weeks time...

It will absolute BS if now we are asked for DNA test....
Old Jun 6th 2015, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

mohsan786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Faree

My hubby had his second interview today...he was told that he wud hear from them in 3-4 weeks time...

What questions did they ask same as 1st interview ?
Old Jun 7th 2015, 7:00 am
Just Joined

B2K420 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Faree

IMO, the examiner decided to go for 2nd interview rather than ask for DNA test as both parents are British and there is less chance of fraud but if he/she now decides to request for DNA test then I would go crazy if I were you. Hopefully, they will just issue the passport.
Old Jun 7th 2015, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

Faree is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by B2K420
IMO, the examiner decided to go for 2nd interview rather than ask for DNA test as both parents are British and there is less chance of fraud but if he/she now decides to request for DNA test then I would go crazy if I were you. Hopefully, they will just issue the passport.
Thank you for the positive reply. I am thinking the same...

Let's see, I will call them up in a weeks time for status....hoping for the best.
Old Jun 10th 2015, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

raihk2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Friends. Any progress with your passport applications? Please update your status as well. Mine is 'going through regular security checks'!!!! since a long time now. Any suggestions???
Old Jun 10th 2015, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice

Originally Posted by raihk2015
Hello Friends. Any progress with your passport applications? Please update your status as well. Mine is 'going through regular security checks'!!!! since a long time now. Any suggestions???
Same. My suggestion? Forget you ever had an application, then just get on with what you are doing now.

It's so that when you finally get news about passport dispatch, you'll feel like you've won the lottery.

Really incompetent staff HMPO has. A passport check that goes on for a year.
Old Jun 10th 2015, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by knighstrike
Same. My suggestion? Forget you ever had an application, then just get on with what you are doing now.

It's so that when you finally get news about passport dispatch, you'll feel like you've won the lottery.

Really incompetent staff HMPO has. A passport check that goes on for a year.
Thank you for your concern Knightstrife. It's been more than six months now. Should I email my MP now? They haven't asked for any extra documents. Neither have it moved forward as it is still stuck in 'routine security checks'!!!!!!. Every time I make an enquiry it is still stuck. After getting a British citizenship certificate, I don't think it is appropriate to take so long time. Is the current immigration rules that is causing the delays? What do you think? Suggestions please. Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 10th 2015, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice

Thank you for your concern Knightstrife. It's been more than six months now. Should I email my MP now? They haven't asked for any extra documents. Neither have it moved forward as it is still stuck in 'routine security checks'!!!!!!. Every time I make an enquiry it is still stuck. After getting a British citizenship certificate, I don't think it is appropriate to take so long time. Is the current immigration rules that is causing the delays? What do you think? Suggestions please. Thanks in advance.
Try that and good luck. I've given up with asking for updates and such. It's just a waste of time and money when HMPO will only reply back with their generic BS.

'I can advise you that your application is currently going through routine standard security checks and therefore we cannot give a timescale for completion at present.'

And yes, it's the current immigration rules that is causing the delays.

All passport applications are processed in the UK. From all seven continents, 196 countries. All in just one place.

You don't need to be a genius to figure out that there will be a problem along the way.
Old Jun 10th 2015, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Try that and good luck. I've given up with asking for updates and such. It's just a waste of time and money when HMPO will only reply back with their generic BS.

'I can advise you that your application is currently going through routine standard security checks and therefore we cannot give a timescale for completion at present.'

And yes, it's the current immigration rules that is causing the delays.

All passport applications are processed in the UK. From all seven continents, 196 countries. All in just one place.

You don't need to be a genius to figure out that there will be a problem along the way.
I have no other passports and the passport that I previously held was revoked when I received my British citizenship. And now there is a dire need for me to travel and I am left with no other travel documents or passport.
Fed up with the time they are taking. But some of the people I know got lucky to get it in 5 weeks too. Some got in 3 months.
I don't think the MP can help much in these cases. What do you say?
Old Jun 10th 2015, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

I have no other passports and the passport that I previously held was revoked when I received my British citizenship. And now there is a dire need for me to travel and I am left with no other travel documents or passport.
Fed up with the time they are taking. But some of the people I know got lucky to get it in 5 weeks too. Some got in 3 months.
I don't think the MP can help much in these cases. What do you say?
Well, I also got no other passports left. My only other passport, my Philippine one was submitted along with the application as with all my other documents.

Is this your first UK passport? Have you ever tried applying for a emergency passport? If you could prove to HMPO that you really have dire need to travel, I think they would issue you one.

I've talked to an MP too, a member of the House of Lords who my family knows pretty well. The MP told me there's not much he could do too as HMPO confirmed to him that my passport is indeed undergoing security checks. Bypassing security checks is out of his realm, he said. Only the Queen can do that. Hahahahah...

I've been waiting for 14 months already.
Old Jun 10th 2015, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Well, I also got no other passports left. My only other passport, my Philippine one was submitted along with the application as with all my other documents.

Is this your first UK passport? Have you ever tried applying for a emergency passport? If you could prove to HMPO that you really have dire need to travel, I think they would issue you one.

I've talked to an MP too, a member of the House of Lords who my family knows pretty well. The MP told me there's not much he could do too as HMPO confirmed to him that my passport is indeed undergoing security checks. Bypassing security checks is out of his realm, he said. Only the Queen can do that. Hahahahah...

I've been waiting for 14 months already.
Yes it is my first British passport application. Since I had to renounced my previous citizenship and passport to obtain a British citizenship. Actually I have a very dire need to travel. I contacted the local consulate and they say that they only provide emergency travel documents to people who previously held a British citizenship. So I do not have a chance as I feel now. Only I can wait is for my British passport. And god knows when this 'security checks' ends. Believe me friend I have supplied all the genuine documents to them and there is not a chance to be otherwise. I never have even paid fine for traffic rules violation in my life. I am a very genuine and law abiding person. . I can just wonder what these security checks are done for. Can I try my luck emailing to the MP? Actually I have a lot of relatives in the UK. Suggestion?
Old Jun 10th 2015, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Yes it is my first British passport application. Since I had to renounced my previous citizenship and passport to obtain a British citizenship. Actually I have a very dire need to travel. I contacted the local consulate and they say that they only provide emergency travel documents to people who previously held a British citizenship. So I do not have a chance as I feel now. Only I can wait is for my British passport. And god knows when this 'security checks' ends. Believe me friend I have supplied all the genuine documents to them and there is not a chance to be otherwise. I never have even paid fine for traffic rules violation in my life. I am a very genuine and law abiding person. . I can just wonder what these security checks are done for. Can I try my luck emailing to the MP? Actually I have a lot of relatives in the UK. Suggestion?
Mate, you and I are in almost in the same situation.

Except I'm still dual-citizen. My father and mother are both British but I was born in the Philippines.

Apparently, the UK has tightened up the security checks because of the ISIS/terrorist threats. Also they're curbing up on migrants who have nothing to contribute to the UK economy (Dole leechers). Cleaning up the UK, they say.

But what I cannot fathom is why it takes 6 months and more just to do a simple background check? I once worked for a lending corporation. I was assigned to do background checks for clients (mostly entrepreneurs and businessmen). The company lends in millions. It only takes me a week or two to find out if a person is a criminal or bankrupt. I'm pretty sure I can do a better job than these folks doing our background checks. Hahahahaha...

Anyway, yeah try emailing your MP. But I will tell you know, that probably won't help much. I did just that, and I'm still waiting.
Old Jun 10th 2015, 11:48 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

HMPO isn't carrying out a background check - it's verifying that the documents you have provided are genuine to prevent British passports being issued to non-British citizens using forged or counterfeit documents as the Philippines is a high risk country for fraud. This means going to the local Filipino authorities and getting them to check their original birth registers. If anyone is holding up your application they'll be in the Philippines not Liverpool.
Old Jun 11th 2015, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

Mate, you and I are in almost in the same situation.

Except I'm still dual-citizen. My father and mother are both British but I was born in the Philippines.

Apparently, the UK has tightened up the security checks because of the ISIS/terrorist threats. Also they're curbing up on migrants who have nothing to contribute to the UK economy (Dole leechers). Cleaning up the UK, they say.

But what I cannot fathom is why it takes 6 months and more just to do a simple background check? I once worked for a lending corporation. I was assigned to do background checks for clients (mostly entrepreneurs and businessmen). The company lends in millions. It only takes me a week or two to find out if a person is a criminal or bankrupt. I'm pretty sure I can do a better job than these folks doing our background checks. Hahahahaha...

Anyway, yeah try emailing your MP. But I will tell you know, that probably won't help much. I did just that, and I'm still waiting.
Actually I was in the UK twice on a visa to appear in two exams previously and I had supplied them with a hell lot of original documents and their photocopies. Twice I was given a visa. I returned back on time, did not over stay or even do anything that was against law when the UK.
I think they may had made the security checks then as well. The documents that I have provided are just those this time as well. They provided me with the British citizenship but I am stuck with the British passport now. Nothing much I can do. I have no any intentions to milk the British economy. If I travel to the UK, I will be there to provide the society with whatever skills I have. May God and the passport officials be kind on us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.