Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old May 25th 2015, 8:29 am
Just Joined

Komfo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by B2K420
No, it is not compulsory to register a birth with FCO. If you register, the birth will be recorded with the General Register Offices or at the National Records Office of Scotland & your child will get a consular birth registration certificate.

I paid them £109.50, as I will apply for a copy of the certificate after couple of years. In My case the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) is lazy/incompetent and do not want to do any checks/work, FCO want HMPO to do all the dog work for them.

Register a birth fee (£105) + *Copy of birth registration certificate (£65) + postage fee (£4.50 if you send application/docs from UK or £22.00 if you send application from rest of the world excluding Europe as from Europe the fee is £12.50)
*Cheaper copies will be available from the General Register Office or the National Records Office of Scotland, but only from September the year after you register.
Thanks for your reply, I will apply for my child after the receipt of the passport.
Does registration of birth also takes longer time as the passport application?
Old May 25th 2015, 9:53 am
Just Joined

B2K420 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you apply after your child gets the passport then it will not take them that long as they will only check the if the passport is genuine and have a look and supporting documents. They will not do overseas security checks/DNA tests/UK based security checks.
Old May 25th 2015, 10:06 am
Just Joined

If you apply after your child gets the passport then it will not take them that long as they will only check the if the passport is genuine and have a look and supporting documents. They will not do overseas security checks/DNA tests/UK based security checks.
Thanks
Old May 27th 2015, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Faree is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

Has anyone heard of a second interview for child passports. My husband is being called for the second interview. First was in March now second in June. Both interviews in UK. That's utter nonsense.

For the record app is in its 32 week.

Any opinions anyone?
Old May 27th 2015, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

This is the first I have heard of, normally if they have any doubts after the interviews they ask for DNA tests.
Old May 30th 2015, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice

Knighstrike,
>HMPO Bangkok who did the local checks for my documents doesn't reply anymore.
They are not supposed to reply. Your application is with Liverpool HMPO they should be your point of contact.
>Security checks:
You could ask them (depending on your luck if you get a good person at the other end) Examiner is doing UK based security checks? if yes, when UK based security checks started or the application has been passed to HMPO staff in Bangkok who are doing overseas security checks, if yes when the application was passed over to Bangkok? This would give you a rough idea how much longer it is going to take.
Have you contacted your local UK MP?
1. I know they (HMPO Bangkok) are not supposed to reply. But they are the ones who are holding my application up, because they are taking very long with the local checks. Plus, they were replying to my emails previously. Every time they ask me for more documents, attend an interview or do this and do that, I reply to their emails straight away with no fuzz. A little courtesy should go both ways.

If they don't wish to be contacted, they could just easily send me a message saying such and I won't even bother contacting them again. Not replying to an email is unprofessional and disrespectful.

2. Yes, the examiner told me they are doing UK-based security checks. I have been informed that my application was passed on to HMPO Bangkok for local checks on December of last year. Bangkok then contacted me last February for additional documents. They then asked me to attend an interview here at the embassy in Manila last 21st of April. Since then haven't heard any news from them.

3. I have contacted a member of the House of Lords who my deceased father knew quite well. He's been helping me info, and he was even the one who helped me get a new copy of my birth registry (which my mother lost). But he told me there's nothing much he could do with the security checks and processing because that's out of his realm. Only the Queen could waive all of that. Hahahahaha...

4. I got this email just yesterday. Anyone knows how long it would still take based on this info?

----------

Dear Mr...

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please note your application for passport facilities is in the process of being validated in the UK and overseas.

I am unable to provide you with a timescale as to when this will be completed.

Whilst I appreciate your concerns and frustration regarding the length of time it is taking to process your application, I would stress that Her Majesty’s Passport office has a vital role to play in protecting the integrity of the British passport, and our customers’ identity. Passports cannot be issued until all checks deemed necessary for a particular application are completed. Rest assured your application is being dealt with in accordance with HMPO policy and the legislative framework that governs it and the processing time is comparable to similar application types.

Regards,
Liverpool Overseas Team Ground Floor

----------
Old May 30th 2015, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Zau24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I've got exactly same email knighstrike
we 've applied in December 2014 from Kazakstan, they didn't asked for an interview, didn't contact our countersignatory, we were told that UK based checks are complete, overseas checks on at the moment. Don't know what's taking so long
Old May 30th 2015, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

Forgot to say both parents are British passport for our baby son
Old May 31st 2015, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice

Originally Posted by Zau24
Hi,
I've got exactly same email knighstrike
we 've applied in December 2014 from Kazakstan, they didn't asked for an interview, didn't contact our countersignatory, we were told that UK based checks are complete, overseas checks on at the moment. Don't know what's taking so long
I've applied on the 10th of April 2014. They have asked my counter-signatory around July, UK-based checks were completed on October. Around November, HMPO Bangkok contacted me and asked me questions. They told me they were the ones conducting local checks, then they asked me for additional documents.

Finally on the 21st of April this year, they've asked me to attend an interview. Since then, they haven't asked me for anything. I'm just waiting right now, but don't really know what I'm waiting for.

Last edited by knighstrike; May 31st 2015 at 2:19 am.
Old May 31st 2015, 6:27 am
Just Joined

I ve read that they ask some people for Dna tests, if this is quickest way why don't they make it compulsory?
Old May 31st 2015, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

I ve read that they ask some people for Dna tests, if this is quickest way why don't they make it compulsory?
I know it's the quickest way, but DNA test is still kind of invasive/breach of privacy and de-humanising. You're taking blood, a bodily fluid, that has DNA, the genetic structure of the person. We are just applying for a passport, not all of us are suspects for mass murders or rapes here.

I believe it should only be done in extreme cases or with the permission of the person. It should not be compulsory for a passport application.
Old May 31st 2015, 8:08 am
Just Joined

They will not make it compulsory or voluntary for following reasons:
a) It does not suit them (It will mean they will be able to issue more passport to overseas applicants in less time and this will affect the processing times of Passports applied from UK, currently overseas passports are not their first priority)
b) Not every parent who will apply from overseas be happy to pay the fee (£505.00?) for DNA tests.

If we start a petition and each one of us writes to MPs/Lords/PM/HMPO then HMPO might look into it.

Knighstrike:
>Should only be done in extreme cases and with the permission of the family:

That is exactly what HMPO shall say to you if you ask them why can't they do DNA tests early. HMPO will only ask for DNA tests when they are unsure of the family relationships or if they are not satisfied after UK or Overseas based security checks or you applied from a country with a high risk of fraud.

>It should no be compulsory for a passport application:
You have a patience of a saint; it has been over 1 year since you applied.
I would be more than happy to agree to DNA test my whole family as long as it will help them to issue the passport in less time.

My DNA test appointment is on 01/JUN/2015, BHC in Islamabad has said they can book DNA test appointment for my wife & son after 18-Jul-2015. The letter I got from "Overseas Enquiries London Team" stated they should get the DNA test results within 12 weeks of me agreeing to do the DNA test.

Last edited by B2K420; May 31st 2015 at 8:27 am.
Old May 31st 2015, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

>It should no be compulsory for a passport application:
You have a patience of a saint; it has been over 1 year since you applied.
I would be more than happy to agree to DNA test my whole family as long as it will help them to issue the passport in less time.

My DNA test appointment is on 01/JUN/2015, BHC in Islamabad has said they can book DNA test appointment for my wife & son after 18-Jul-2015. The letter I got from "Overseas Enquiries London Team" stated they should get the DNA test results within 12 weeks of me agreeing to do the DNA test.
Hahahahaha... I don't know if I should be laughing but I did. That comment was funny! But yes, I'm the most patient person you'll probably meet. Because I know that once I get a UK passport, the world will open up. I'll be able to work anywhere and really earn something for my hard work.

You have no idea how many times I've been held up and asked in immigration queue, if I was either a seaman, domestic helper, entertainer or factory worker because apparently those are the only jobs a Filipino can have. And also if I was an undocumented worker. Hence why I now bring a copy of my Australian diploma, transcript and CV with me every time I travel.

I'm not against DNA testing. But every one should have a choice. Taking someone's blood is sticking a needle through their skin and taking a sample of their life's essence- 'their DNA'. It's synonymous to invasion of privacy.

Good luck! And hope you get good news for your family!

Last edited by knighstrike; May 31st 2015 at 9:07 am.
Old Jun 5th 2015, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Passport Recieved today
Timeline:
Application Submitted :August 2014
Additional document submitted: November 2014
My child mother interviewed: March 2015
Receipt of DNA participation : March 2015
DNA result Recieved : April 2015
Passport issued date: 2nd June 2015
Passport received today in UK : 5th June 2015

I will send my application for the consular birth registration tomorrow.
Many thanks to all the members of the forum especially B2K420, you are star.

Good Luck to everyone! Hope you get good news soon!
Old Jun 6th 2015, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Komfo
Passport Recieved today
Timeline:
Application Submitted :August 2014
Additional document submitted: November 2014
My child mother interviewed: March 2015
Receipt of DNA participation : March 2015
DNA result Recieved : April 2015
Passport issued date: 2nd June 2015
Passport received today in UK : 5th June 2015

I will send my application for the consular birth registration tomorrow.
Many thanks to all the members of the forum especially B2K420, you are star.

Good Luck to everyone! Hope you get good news soon!
Congratulations to you and the family. Finally your wait is over.

Best wishes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.