Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Jun 27th 2015, 7:57 am
Just Joined

B2K420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

mohsan786: Congrats, HMPO were able to issue your son the passport within 8 months. Are you and your wife both British Nationals?

knighstrike: Was this the first time you contacted Mr Mark THOMSON? Miss D.Delaney was the same lady who replied to my e-mail.
"passport SHOULD be issued SHORTLY": If you don't receive your passport within 2 weeks, write to them again. I don't know if shortly has the same meaning for HMPO people/staff as the rest of the civilized world.
Old Jun 27th 2015, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice

Originally Posted by B2K420
mohsan786: Congrats, HMPO were able to issue your son the passport within 8 months. Are you and your wife both British Nationals?

knighstrike: Was this the first time you contacted Mr Mark THOMSON? Miss D.Delaney was the same lady who replied to my e-mail.
"passport SHOULD be issued SHORTLY": If you don't receive your passport within 2 weeks, write to them again. I don't know if shortly has the same meaning for HMPO people/staff as the rest of the civilized world.
I contacted other MPs too, and they all said that they'll be following up with HMPO if ever I still don't get it.

Also prior to that email, I have also received this from HMPO Bangkok who did the security checks on my documents.

------------

Dear Mr,

Please note that our office has completed our procedures on your passport application with recommendations sent to the HMPO Liverpool office on Tuesday 23 June.

Please contact the Newport Passport advice line (as below) on the status of the application.

Please contact the Newport Passport advice line (details as below) where they will log and reply to you after making queries with the Liverpool office on the status of the application.

Newport Passport advice line
Passport Advice Line: +44 300 222 0000
Email: [email protected]
Postal address: Newport Customer Service Manager
Newport Passport Office
PO Box 175
Newport
Gwent NP20 1XA
Kind regards,
Her Majesty’s Passport Office (SE & NE Asia and Pacific)
E-mail: [email protected]

--------------

But of course it's HMPO that we're talking about, and you know how they promise a piece of the moon, but give you pebbles instead.

I'll take that advice of yours, but give them three weeks.

Thanks!

@raikh

No worries mate, I'll keep on updating here. You know how reading successful applications here had helped me in my resolve and eased my worries, even if just a little bit.

Hang in there. Soon you will have yours too.
Old Jun 27th 2015, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

mohsan786 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=B2K420;11686088]mohsan786: Congrats, HMPO were able to issue your son the passport within 8 months. Are you and your wife both British nationals

Hi no only I am a British national I am now going to apply for my wife's visa before Eid.
Hopefully you guys will get some good news. Very soon. It is in Pakistan they take their time on applications.
Old Jun 28th 2015, 11:11 am
Just Joined

B2K420 is an unknown quantity at this point

Knighstrike & mohsan786: Thanks very much for your replies.
Old Jun 30th 2015, 7:39 am
Just Joined

Faree is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello knighstrike and mohsan

Congratulations....really, it is something to celebrate.

Knighstrike how did u feel when u got to know it's done after 14 months? They shud thank u for being patient.

Mohsan...I don't know who is taking more time Pakistan or UK...but it's going to be 9 months soon in my case....let's see
Old Jun 30th 2015, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice

Originally Posted by Faree

Knighstrike how did u feel when u got to know it's done after 14 months? They shud thank u for being patient.

Mohsan...I don't know who is taking more time Pakistan or UK...but it's going to be 9 months soon in my case....let's see
Thanks.

I actually wasn't as thrilled as I thought I would be. 14 months of waiting has sucked a bit of my optimism.

It ruined a lot of my plans and I had lost a lot of money because of it. Let's just say the salary that you earn in the Philippines is incomparable to Australia or the UK. 32% income tax.

I'm off to Wales now instead of Western Australia, since my job offer in WA has long been rescinded several months ago. I'm going to start from scratch in Wales.

I will be working at an entry-level job in Swansea.

I feel like I've lost a year of my life, that I'm not going to be able to get back. But hey, I'm only 26 so like they say, still several bright years ahead of me.

Have patience. This is coming from a person who has too much of it for his own good. Let me share some of mine.
Old Jun 30th 2015, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

Hi faree/knighstrike
in honesty and my personnel view and experience I think it's the ones in Pakistan that take the time my father had a contact in embassy so made it much easier but as we told the contact after a week my passport had arrived so I think England do their fair bit and as far as I think it is in Pakistan that they take their time.
Old Jul 1st 2015, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mohsan786
Hi faree/knighstrike
in honesty and my personnel view and experience I think it's the ones in Pakistan that take the time my father had a contact in embassy so made it much easier but as we told the contact after a week my passport had arrived so I think England do their fair bit and as far as I think it is in Pakistan that they take their time.
It is Pakistan that is taking a lot of time.

What happens is, HMPO Livepool passes your documents to Pakistan for local checks.

But Pakistan is not in a rush to accomplish every thing. Because to them your application is insignificant. Just some checks for a passport application. They don't know and probably won't care about your personal circumstances.

You won't be able to do any thing mate in Pakistan, since you don't know what security checks and offices involve. So you will have no way to contact them.

You should try to contact your MPs (Mark Thomson, Paul Pugh, Theresa May and the lot if you can.) Email them a respectful but heartfelt letter. Make them feel ashamed about what is happening to you.
Old Jul 1st 2015, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

raihk2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by knighstrike
Thanks.

I actually wasn't as thrilled as I thought I would be. 14 months of waiting has sucked a bit of my optimism.

It ruined a lot of my plans and I had lost a lot of money because of it. Let's just say the salary that you earn in the Philippines is incomparable to Australia or the UK. 32% income tax.

I'm off to Wales now instead of Western Australia, since my job offer in WA has long been rescinded several months ago. I'm going to start from scratch in Wales.

I will be working at an entry-level job in Swansea.

I feel like I've lost a year of my life, that I'm not going to be able to get back. But hey, I'm only 26 so like they say, still several bright years ahead of me.

Have patience. This is coming from a person who has too much of it for his own good. Let me share some of mine.
Hello friend.
It seems like you have received your British passport. Can you please update the time you applied and the date you received it? I would be very thankful to you. It is quite a while since I am waiting for my passport. And hey, thank you for sharing the positivity.
Old Jul 1st 2015, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mohsan786
Hi faree/knighstrike
Hello Mohsan
Congratulation on receiving your passport. Friend can you please share the time when you applied and received the British passport? Have been waiting for mine eagerly. Life is all about getting positivity and sharing positivity. Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Hello friends. Any updates from your side? Mine is still in 'routine security checks'. Thinking of writing a joke on that topic.
Old Jul 5th 2015, 12:23 am
Just Joined

revrex is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone,
I am a British Citizen and applied for my son first time British Passport from Pakistan. It’s been 3 months and I have received first email from UK passport office stating that I have to attend the interview. Currently I am in Pakistan and would appreciate if someone can share their (first time child passport ) interview questions with me so that I can prepare myself.
Along with my son’s application I also sent two passport renewal applications for my daughters. However, to my surprise I was told my daughters passport renewal applications are on hold because of my son’s application and cannot be processed further before the interview. It’s very disappointing because I was under impression that passport renewal application does not required any interview.
If anyone has experienced the same please feel free to share your thoughts with me.
Thanks
Old Jul 5th 2015, 7:40 am
Just Joined

Faree is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

Finally some good news. Application has been approved and printed.

Wow...it took full 8.5 months. They said I will receive the passport shortly...

Good luck everyone...it's frustrating and needs a lot of patience....hope things look up for all soon...
Old Jul 5th 2015, 11:40 am
Just Joined

revrex is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

Finally some good news. Application has been approved and printed.

Wow...it took full 8.5 months. They said I will receive the passport shortly...

Good luck everyone...it's frustrating
and needs a lot of patience....hope things look up for all soon...

@faree

First congratulations!!

I would appreciate if you sahre your experience about child passport interview.

thanks
Old Jul 5th 2015, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=revrex;11692007]@faree

Congratulations and about time it was

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.