Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old May 12th 2015, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Faree is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Hello!!! Anyone out there? Where is everybody?

Any update u guys....I am still stuck with no news. I called the hmpo yet again today and the guy was kind enuff to tell me that my application is in its very last stages....the examiner can issue the passport even today if he pleases to....but when will he be satisfied, that I don't know.

MPs are busy staffing up their new offices and replied me to wait a bit before requesting for help.

So stuck here...one the brink of summer holidays and my travelling plans crumbling....:s
Old May 12th 2015, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

fatcat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Faree

Any update u guys....I am still stuck with no news. I called the hmpo yet again today and the guy was kind enuff to tell me that my application is in its very last stages....the examiner can issue the passport even today if he pleases to....but when will he be satisfied, that I don't know.

MPs are busy staffing up their new offices and replied me to wait a bit before requesting for help.

So stuck here...one the brink of summer holidays and my travelling plans crumbling....:s
It's great you got some progress, surely you should be getting it soon. 'when he pleases to', what the hell does that mean? I hope that doesn't mean he'll do it when he feels like doing it!

I am on 6 months and still waiting.. been checking my email and application status regularly and nothing new it's always 'Declaration form received, being processed'.. such a bummer. I emailed twice over 2 weeks and got the same reply, that my docs are with overseas colleagues. I was hoping my docs would be sorted by now but from what I gathered from previous posts is that these checks can take longer than a month.

Good luck.. let us know of any updates
Old May 12th 2015, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

dehere is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,
i and my wife were originally from northern iraq erbil and naturalized British citizen we both hold british passport our child is born 9 month ago in Iraq and im planing to apply british passport for him.
is it quicker if go to the UK and apply in there or is same if i sent supporting document + to durham.
if i sent to durham do i needs to sent original document with the app form?

my child is not registered with the embassy in iraq is consular birth certificate important? how long this take to get one?

Thanks in advance
Old May 13th 2015, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

mohsan786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by B2K420
Hello,

Passport applied from: Pakistan
Passport applied by: Mother (Nationality: Pakistani)
HMPO office dealing with the application in UK: Liverpool HMPO
Passport application received by Liverpool HMPO on: 19-AUG-2014
Liverpool HMPO requested additional supporting documents on: 16-SEP-2014
Started working on it after receiving all the supporting documents on: 03-OCT-2014
Father (British citizen) interviewed (at Birmingham HMPO) on: 04-MAR-2015

At the interview HMPO said that we will hear from them within 4 weeks but to date we have not received any communication from them. When we ring them they say it is a complex case and that they are doing security checks.

I think our case is 1 of the 30,000 in the backlog i.e. HMPO only prioritise simple straight forward cases.
Hi people I applied in October had my interview on 29th for my sons passport was told 3-4 weeks will get an answer so hoping in final stages my counter signatory was contacted and so was my Union council I.e local council were my sons birth certificate was made can any one tell me what the next stage is many thanx
Old May 14th 2015, 1:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dehere
Hello everyone,
i and my wife were originally from northern iraq erbil and naturalized British citizen we both hold british passport our child is born 9 month ago in Iraq and im planing to apply british passport for him.
is it quicker if go to the UK and apply in there or is same if i sent supporting document + to durham.
if i sent to durham do i needs to sent original document with the app form?

my child is not registered with the embassy in iraq is consular birth certificate important? how long this take to get one?

Thanks in advance
Consular Birth registration could possibly help make it faster, as the Consular Birth Certificate is a standalone document that proves British citizenship and can be used in itself to apply for a British passport.

If you got the Consular B.C. you would just send it with the application for the passport. You send all original documents, except for the childs Iraqi passport if s/he has one. You send colour photocopies of every single page of the childs other passport but do not need to send the passport itself.
Old May 15th 2015, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

knighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really niceknighstrike is just really nice

Originally Posted by Faree

Same. It's been three weeks since my interview and no news.

HMPO Bangkok who did the local checks for my documents doesn't reply anymore.

I then called up Liverpool, but they sent me those generic replies, 'Your passport application is undergoing necessary security checks...'

So now, I'm stuck again and I don't know what else is happening.

All in all, my application is now in it's first year anniversary. HAHAHAHAHHAH!!!
Old May 16th 2015, 10:15 am
Just Joined

B2K420 is an unknown quantity at this point

Faree,
In my opinion this is one of their lines "Application is in its very last stages". Actually there is still some outstanding work on your application. With a bit of luck you shall get the passport soon.
I contacted my MP on Saturday 9-May-2015 he said he will ask his staff to make enquires on Monday 11-May-2015 but I have not heard anything from them. Guess they are still busy celebrating their election triumph.

Dehere,
>Is it quicker if go to the UK and apply in there or is same if i sent supporting document + to durham?

Same.

>If i sent to durham do i needs to sent original document with the app form?
If they are requesting original documents with the application then send original documents. (https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passport...ing/child/iraq)(https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...cs3AUG2014.PDF)
The only issue will be sending them both parents’ passports at the time of applicant’s conception. If both of you are happy to stay in Iraq for next 6 to 12? months then you can post them your British passports from Iraq or one of you can travel to UK and post the application from there.
>My child is not registered with the embassy in iraq is consular birth certificate important? how long this take to get one?
I would apply for the Passport first (my lawyer advised me on this) and after they have returned the supporting documents then I would apply for British Birth Registration as when they register a birth or do overseas security checks in Iraq (in relation to your passport application) they essentially do the SAME security checks.

Mohsan786,
>counter signatory was contacted and so was my Union council.
Once they hear from the Union Council in Pakistan it can take them up to 30 to 45 days to pass the information back to the Liverpool HMPO but as you said Counter signatory has been contacted then your application is defiantly at the last stage. If they are satisfied with the overseas security checks/Counter signatory they will issue the passport if not they will ask for a DNA test.

Knighstrike,
>HMPO Bangkok who did the local checks for my documents doesn't reply anymore.
They are not supposed to reply. Your application is with Liverpool HMPO they should be your point of contact.
>Security checks:
You could ask them (depending on your luck if you get a good person at the other end) Examiner is doing UK based security checks? if yes, when UK based security checks started or the application has been passed to HMPO staff in Bangkok who are doing overseas security checks, if yes when the application was passed over to Bangkok? This would give you a rough idea how much longer it is going to take.
Have you contacted your local UK MP?
Old May 17th 2015, 12:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knighstrike
Same. It's been three weeks since my interview and no news.

HMPO Bangkok who did the local checks for my documents doesn't reply anymore.

I then called up Liverpool, but they sent me those generic replies, 'Your passport application is undergoing necessary security checks...'

So now, I'm stuck again and I don't know what else is happening.

All in all, my application is now in it's first year anniversary. HAHAHAHAHHAH!!!
An entire year and counting, just to get a damn passport... Wow. How ridiculous. I feel for you mate. Fingers crossed.
Old May 18th 2015, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

Faree is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, today I found out that my sons application is in British high commission in Islamabad, Pakistan...and Liverpool can't tell how long it might take to get an answer from Pakistan.

I don't know how long Pakistan is going to take...then I think the application will go back to UK and then will get approval for passport issuing and then will get printed and again fly over to Pakistan.
Phew...a lot of here and there...

Knighstrike...I don't know whether to be happy or sad on ur anniversary...happy that after 1 yr it's got to be at the last stage and sad that it took so long...
Old May 20th 2015, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Komfo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Folks, I rang HMPO about the progress of my child application. I taught after DNA results support the claim, passport will be issued quickly but I was informed the application is AGAIN undergoing standard security checks after they received the application back in Durham.
Is nearly a year now, I don't know how long this standard check will take. I am trying to contact my MP and I have left message for him but because he is busy after election campaign, he hasn't come back to me.
Please Can anyone offered me some advice as to " what to do next"?
Thanks
Old May 20th 2015, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Faree,
In my opinion this is one of their lines "Application is in its very last stages". Actually there is still some outstanding work on your application. With a bit of luck you shall get the passport soon.
I contacted my MP on Saturday 9-May-2015 he said he will ask his staff to make enquires on Monday 11-May-2015 but I have not heard anything from them. Guess they are still busy celebrating their election triumph.

Dehere,
>Is it quicker if go to the UK and apply in there or is same if i sent supporting document + to durham?

Same.

>If i sent to durham do i needs to sent original document with the app form?
If they are requesting original documents with the application then send original documents. (https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passport...ing/child/iraq)(https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...cs3AUG2014.PDF)
The only issue will be sending them both parents’ passports at the time of applicant’s conception. If both of you are happy to stay in Iraq for next 6 to 12? months then you can post them your British passports from Iraq or one of you can travel to UK and post the application from there.
>My child is not registered with the embassy in iraq is consular birth certificate important? how long this take to get one?
I would apply for the Passport first (my lawyer advised me on this) and after they have returned the supporting documents then I would apply for British Birth Registration as when they register a birth or do overseas security checks in Iraq (in relation to your passport application) they essentially do the SAME security checks.

Mohsan786,
>counter signatory was contacted and so was my Union council.
Once they hear from the Union Council in Pakistan it can take them up to 30 to 45 days to pass the information back to the Liverpool HMPO but as you said Counter signatory has been contacted then your application is defiantly at the last stage. If they are satisfied with the overseas security checks/Counter signatory they will issue the passport if not they will ask for a DNA test.

Knighstrike,
>HMPO Bangkok who did the local checks for my documents doesn't reply anymore.
They are not supposed to reply. Your application is with Liverpool HMPO they should be your point of contact.
>Security checks:
You could ask them (depending on your luck if you get a good person at the other end) Examiner is doing UK based security checks? if yes, when UK based security checks started or the application has been passed to HMPO staff in Bangkok who are doing overseas security checks, if yes when the application was passed over to Bangkok? This would give you a rough idea how much longer it is going to take.
Have you contacted your local UK MP?
Hello B2K420, please roughly how long can UK based security checks after completion of overseas based security checks?
Thanks
Old May 23rd 2015, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Komfo,

UK based security checks:
*These are completed before passing the application for Overseas security checks. Some examiners contact the counter signatory after UK/Overseas security checks & DNA test results and some examiners contact counter signatory before passing the application to Overseas team. *Please note this is all based on individual cases/examiners i.e. Examiner might feel there is no need to contact counter signatory after DNA test result.

Application is undergoing standard security checks AGAIN:
This is there standard line and they are asked by their mangers to use it. If I was working in HMPO I will only use a different line when I know passport has been posted otherwise I will always say , "Your application is going through standard security checks".

What to do next?
Best way is to first write a letter (requesting your MP to write a letter to HMPO or write to the Minister involved or request him to see the Minister personally on your behalf) to your MP at this address: House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA. Then write a letter to their constituency office or at their home address. Writing a letter is better than telephoning.

-------------------------------
My wife and son went for an interview regarding my son's birth registration application at British High Commission Islamabad on 12/MAY/2015. The interviewer said they will only issue the Birth Registration Certificate after my son has been issued a British Passport. I have not come across any policy regarding Birth Registration that it can depend on the outcome of passport application.

I sent an e-mail to my MP on 09/MAY/2015 and he made enquires on 11/MAY/2015. He received the acknowledgement and is awaiting their full response. He said he will update me if there is any news. Miraculously since my MP got in touch with HMPO, I received a call from HMPO (Overseas Enquires London, SW1V 1PN) on 22-MAY-2015 asking me to arrange a DNA test for us 3 and that they are sending me a letter that contains more detail. I can attach the letter here if anyone would like. I have made a payment of £505.00 for 3 DNA test kits (2 to be sent to Pakistan and 1 in London) [Excluding Sample collector's fee at BHC Islamabad/HMPO London (and Courier fee from BHC Islamabad to Lab in Lancaster?)].

Last edited by B2K420; May 23rd 2015 at 12:33 pm.
Old May 24th 2015, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Komfo,

*These are completed before passing the application for Overseas security checks. Some examiners contact the counter signatory after UK/Overseas security checks & DNA test results and some examiners contact counter signatory before passing the application to Overseas team. *Please note this is all based on individual cases/examiners i.e. Examiner might feel there is no need to contact counter signatory after DNA test result.

This is there standard line and they are asked by their mangers to use it. If I was working in HMPO I will only use a different line when I know passport has been posted otherwise I will always say , "Your application is going through standard security checks".

What to do next?
Best way is to first write a letter (requesting your MP to write a letter to HMPO or write to the Minister involved or request him to see the Minister personally on your behalf) to your MP at this address: House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA. Then write a letter to their constituency office or at their home address. Writing a letter is better than telephoning.

My wife and son went for an interview regarding my son's birth registration application at British High Commission Islamabad on 12/MAY/2015. The interviewer said they will only issue the Birth Registration Certificate after my son has been issued a British Passport. I have not come across any policy regarding Birth Registration that it can depend on the outcome of passport application.

I sent an e-mail to my MP on 09/MAY/2015 and he made enquires on 11/MAY/2015. He received the acknowledgement and is awaiting their full response. He said he will update me if there is any news. Miraculously since my MP got in touch with HMPO, I received a call from HMPO (Overseas Enquires London, SW1V 1PN) on 22-MAY-2015 asking me to arrange a DNA test for us 3 and that they are sending me a letter that contains more detail. I can attach the letter here if anyone would like. I have made a payment of £505.00 for 3 DNA test kits (2 to be sent to Pakistan and 1 in London) [Excluding Sample collector's fee at BHC Islamabad/HMPO London (and Courier fee from BHC Islamabad to Lab in Lancaster?)].
Thank you very much B2K420
Old May 25th 2015, 6:59 am
Just Joined

Komfo,

What to do next?

At B2K420, please is it necessary to register child at BHC after the receipt of the British passport?.
Reading from your line, I can see you are registering your child at BHC at the same time with the passport. Thanks
Old May 25th 2015, 8:19 am
Just Joined

No, it is not compulsory to register a birth with FCO. If you register, the birth will be recorded with the General Register Offices or at the National Records Office of Scotland & your child will get a consular birth registration certificate.

I paid them £109.50, as I will apply for a copy of the certificate after couple of years. In My case the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) is lazy/incompetent and do not want to do any checks/work, FCO want HMPO to do all the dog work for them.

Register a birth fee (£105) + *Copy of birth registration certificate (£65) + postage fee (£4.50 if you send application/docs from UK or £22.00 if you send application from rest of the world excluding Europe as from Europe the fee is £12.50)
*Cheaper copies will be available from the General Register Office or the National Records Office of Scotland, but only from September the year after you register.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.