Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Aug 31st 2015, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

raihk2015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

I had my interview some 2 weeks back. Hopefully I will receive it very soon. But I can't say much at the moment. Any new positive developments, I will make sure that I will update it. Best of luck to all the friends in this link.
Old Aug 31st 2015, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

Burhan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by raihk2015
I had my interview some 2 weeks back. Hopefully I will receive it very soon. But I can't say much at the moment. Any new positive developments, I will make sure that I will update it. Best of luck to all the friends in this link.
My husband also had interview two weeks ago at sheffield we also desperatly waiting. How was your interview??

Last edited by Burhan; Aug 31st 2015 at 4:11 am.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 1:01 am
Just Joined

nbanko is an unknown quantity at this point

I just applied for my first adult british passport from Canada (through father). Is there any update on current processing times to receive the passport? Sent application and received this week in UK Durham. Need to be in the UK for a job stating beginning of November. Just hoping I will get it on time (as they have my Canadian passport as well).
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

raihk2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Burhan
My husband also had interview two weeks ago at sheffield we also desperatly waiting. How was your interview??
Interview was fine. Let's see what happens. Fingers crossed. Hope it ends well.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 9:53 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nbanko
I just applied for my first adult british passport from Canada (through father). Is there any update on current processing times to receive the passport? Sent application and received this week in UK Durham. Need to be in the UK for a job stating beginning of November. Just hoping I will get it on time (as they have my Canadian passport as well).
Are you renewing a previous child passport or is this your first British passport application?
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 10:35 am
Just Joined

nbanko is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Are you renewing a previous child passport or is this your first British passport application?
It's my first british. Have only had canadian before. But got a job as a post doc in the UK and thought it would be better to get passport than a tier 2 visa
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 10:46 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It's my first british. Have only had canadian before. But got a job as a post doc in the UK and thought it would be better to get passport than a tier 2 visa
Correct. In fact if you're a British citizen then your Tier 2 visa application should be refused on that basis as the UK shouldn't be issuing visas to its own citizens.

As a first-time adult applicant your application might take longer than if you had previously held a child passport. That being said applications seem to be being processed far quicker than previously. If your application is 'straightforward' (i.e. born legitimately to a British-born father) and you have provided all the required information and documentation then you should be looking at around a four to six week turnaround. I would ensure that your countersignatory is primed ready to respond to any queries from HMPO either by phone, email or post.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

dehere is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I read many post regarding oversea app time skills 3-15month for first time British oversea app form. Let's hope for the best.
Good luck
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by dehere
Hi I read many post regarding oversea app time skills 3-15month for first time British oversea app form. Let's hope for the best.
Good luck
The long processing times experienced by other posters on this forum are only for applicants born in what are considered high risk countries for fraud; Pakistan, Nigeria, the Philippines, etc.. As Canada is not one of them the processing time should be within the advertised service standards.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

The long processing times experienced by other posters on this forum are only for applicants born in what are considered high risk countries for fraud; Pakistan, Nigeria, the Philippines, etc.. As Canada is not one of them the processing time should be within the advertised service standards.
Make sins
Old Sep 4th 2015, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

urgent help advice needed.
just to brief you, i sent my son application 7 weeks ago from ME.

i just received a call from HMPO today asked me do do you have UK address: i said no my current address is showing on my son application form is in ME. and then she's said that all we needs from you.

But my bank acc and my driving licencee is on my friend address in the UK.

Do think my answer will cause problem?

i was worried that they may want to sent passport and document to UK they may thought i live there.

have i done anything wrong?
im very worried now.

regards
Old Sep 5th 2015, 10:03 am
Just Joined

xerex is an unknown quantity at this point

hello guys,
i applied on 11 months ago, and had an interview 3 weeks back. i was told that it will take around 2 weeks after the interview. when i emailed IPS they always give same reply 'still on going security checks'. does anyone know how long does it take to receive the passport following the interview?
Old Sep 5th 2015, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by dehere
urgent help advice needed.
just to brief you, i sent my son application 7 weeks ago from ME.

i just received a call from HMPO today asked me do do you have UK address: i said no my current address is showing on my son application form is in ME. and then she's said that all we needs from you.

But my bank acc and my driving licencee is on my friend address in the UK.

Do think my answer will cause problem?

i was worried that they may want to sent passport and document to UK they may thought i live there.

have i done anything wrong?
im very worried now.

regards
I don't think it will be an issue if you've confirmed your address as being in the Middle East rather than the UK. I suspect they were calling to ensure that they had the right address.
Old Sep 5th 2015, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by xerex
hello guys,
i applied on 11 months ago, and had an interview 3 weeks back. i was told that it will take around 2 weeks after the interview. when i emailed IPS they always give same reply 'still on going security checks'. does anyone know how long does it take to receive the passport following the interview?
Are you applying for yourself or your child? Where were you born and where are you applying from? Is a first adult application or a first time application for any British passport?
Old Sep 5th 2015, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

I don't think it will be an issue if you've confirmed your address as being in the Middle East rather than the UK. I suspect they were calling to ensure that they had the right address.
Hello brtlnparis But the HMPO did stated that do you still live in the UK ? Which I answered no I live in ME even though my bank Acc and driving licenses is still registered on UK friend address.c
And she said she will let the examiner know that I no longer use UK address.
And then I asked her how long will it take for pAssport to be issued she said still long way to go.
She also said do you still live in Birmingham or use Birmingham address? I said no I use my ME address.
What I don't understand is that why they traced my UK address nothing to do with my child app form.
Any advice will be appreciated in advance.

Last edited by dehere; Sep 5th 2015 at 1:09 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.