Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Jul 21st 2015, 2:55 am
Just Joined

Sheikh35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

My son was born in Bangladesh April 2011 im British citizens and passport holder submitted his passport application to the bangladesh dhaka in feb 2012 It has still not been completed and when I call for updates I am told it is still undergoing routing
Can someone help me on that pless
Old Jul 23rd 2015, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

fatcat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Just thought I'd update you and let you know my passport is ready but I don't have it yet. They literally tried delivering it 3 DAYS after I left for travel!! You could imagine my face when I saw DHL's text message.. just my luck . I was gone overseas for 7 weeks and DHL won't hold the passport for over a month, so they sent it back to the passport office (thought I'd be done emailing this damn place). Now I'm just waiting for them to send it back.

Overall it took just over 7 months. Just glad it's over and done with, no more stressing about whether they'll pester me for more stupid documents

Good luck all!
Old Jul 24th 2015, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

raihk2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fatcat
Hi all,

Just thought I'd update you and let you know my passport is ready but I don't have it yet. They literally tried delivering it 3 DAYS after I left for travel!! You could imagine my face when I saw DHL's text message.. just my luck . I was gone overseas for 7 weeks and DHL won't hold the passport for over a month, so they sent it back to the passport office (thought I'd be done emailing this damn place). Now I'm just waiting for them to send it back.

Overall it took just over 7 months. Just glad it's over and done with, no more stressing about whether they'll pester me for more stupid documents

Good luck all!
Thank you for your update. Friend, it is really painful to be waiting this very long for a passport. They have been processing very slow. But finally there is good news or you that you will receive your passport soon. Good luck. I gave been eagerly waiting for mine.
Old Jul 25th 2015, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

ik2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

i want to apply for my daughters passport she is in pakistan this is how i am thinking of going about it.

application form.

applying from pakistan documents in the uk form.

payment form.

my wife (pakistani citizen) will go on my behalf to submit the application.

on the guidance notes it says interview will be held overseas i am in the uk cant go abroad do i need to put this on the covering letter or will they just give me an interview in the uk please help let me know the way i am applying is ok or i if i need to do anything else thanks alot
Old Jul 26th 2015, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

B2K420 is an unknown quantity at this point

@ik2015:
If you are in the UK at the time when they are ready to interview you then your interview shall be held in UK and if you are in PAK then they will arrange it there.
Has your wife got the appointment to submit the application?
Have you got all the supporting documents?
Old Jul 26th 2015, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Burhan is an unknown quantity at this point

I also applied for my son upassport 4 september2014. In november HM mailed for additional documents . After 4 months in the march 2015 HM office mail for interview .... but they had not arrang interview. I heard that it in pakistan for inquiry. Dnt know how much time requierd ? When passport will b ready...any one answer me?i applied from lahore my husband is british
Old Aug 5th 2015, 7:19 am
Just Joined

Zau24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All
Just received my son's passport this morning, applied from Kazakhstan on 4 December 2014,
No interview, no check on counter signatory. Was told by application centre staff that ours was one of the longest, don't know why, as both parents are British.
Good luck everyone.
Old Aug 14th 2015, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

War machine is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

I had applied for my daughters passport in May 2014 from Dubai and just two weeks ago I had an interview with the British Embassy in Pakistan. The interview was conducted through the VFS centre in Dubai via a conference facility.

I have been reading through all the post and it appears to me that I am the only person where the application had taken 15 months to date and still no clue as to when this would end.

Any advice on how to speed up the process would help.

Thanks all.
Old Aug 15th 2015, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

War machine is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Faree

Any luck with your application after the second interview?

Thanks
Old Aug 29th 2015, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

dehere is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,
This pages are very important for everyone's we should always updated to benefit new applicant and long waited applicant.
I and my wife were British naturalized citizens. We are Kurdish from Kurdistan Iraq. Our son born in Kurdistan he's one year old now.
We sent his application form on 10 June 2015 and HMPO UK received on 20june 2015.
We sent all the required documents with his application form all documents were translated and certified by the Kurdistan regional government to many stamps on each doc.
We needs his application to be processed faster because our others British citizens needs to attend school in UK. i contacted Durham office last week they said is under routine security checks. I phoned them today they said is on the examiners desk I asked the guy if HMPO needs further documentation he said no you provided what's we needed.
We have also sent with app our original British Passports now we can't travel. I'd to ask is it wiser to request ours passport to be returned or leave it with the examiners?
I heard if foreign documents translated and certified HMPO processing is faster
Thanks
Old Aug 29th 2015, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

B2K420 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Just an update.

HMPO received application in UK: 19-AUG-2014
Wife and son gave DNA swabs in BHC Islamabad: 03-AUG-2015
3 x DNA swabs (including mine that I gave in HMPO London on 01-JUN-2015) reached lab: 12-AUG-2015
Lab sent DNA results via e-mail & sent via post on: 18-AUG-2015
DNA results report arrived in mail: 21-AUG-2015

I got DNA Test results on 21-AUG-2015 via post, Overseas Enquiry Team HMPO London should have received on the same day but the examiner who has my son's case is on holidays and will be back on 09-Sep-2015 and I don't know how many outstanding cases she will have on her desk and when will she open our DNA test results and take necessary actions.

I have sent e-mails to a) my MP, b) Mark Thomson (Director General of HMPO), c) [email protected] and d) wrote to Overseas Enquires Team London

Lets see what happens.
Old Aug 29th 2015, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by War machine
Hi All

I had applied for my daughters passport in May 2014 from Dubai and just two weeks ago I had an interview with the British Embassy in Pakistan. The interview was conducted through the VFS centre in Dubai via a conference facility.

I have been reading through all the post and it appears to me that I am the only person where the application had taken 15 months to date and still no clue as to when this would end.

Any advice on how to speed up the process would help.

Thanks all.
Many people stated after interview 10-20 days they received passport in hand. I think HMPO only interview some applicant not all
Old Aug 29th 2015, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dehere
Hello everyone,
This pages are very important for everyone's we should always updated to benefit new applicant and long waited applicant.
I and my wife were British naturalized citizens. We are Kurdish from Kurdistan Iraq. Our son born in Kurdistan he's one year old now.
We sent his application form on 10 June 2015 and HMPO UK received on 20june 2015.
We sent all the required documents with his application form all documents were translated and certified by the Kurdistan regional government to many stamps on each doc.
We needs his application to be processed faster because our others British citizens needs to attend school in UK. i contacted Durham office last week they said is under routine security checks. I phoned them today they said is on the examiners desk I asked the guy if HMPO needs further documentation he said no you provided what's we needed.
We have also sent with app our original British Passports now we can't travel. I'd to ask is it wiser to request ours passport to be returned or leave it with the examiners?
I heard if foreign documents translated and certified HMPO processing is faster
Thanks
You can ask them for your passports . My husband write them letter and after a week he recieved his passport for traveling.my son's application still in process.
Old Aug 30th 2015, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Burhan
You can ask them for your passports . My husband write them letter and after a week he recieved his passport for traveling.my son's application still in process.
Hi burhan thanks for your reply can you let me know their email address that I can write to them.
Regards
Old Aug 30th 2015, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dehere
Hi burhan thanks for your reply can you let me know their email address that I can write to them.
Regards
Its liverpool office adress
101 old hall street
Liverpool
L3 9BD
Write them letter at this adress no mail adress. Write them all details and also why you need your passport.

Last edited by Burhan; Aug 30th 2015 at 6:14 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.