Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What's wrong with Canada?

What's wrong with Canada?

Old Apr 5th 2009, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's wrong with Canada?

And what's the deal with bags of milk!!
Old Apr 5th 2009, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by act1980
And what's the deal with bags of milk!!
About $3.97 for 4L.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
About $3.97 for 4L.
That's cheap!!!
Old Apr 5th 2009, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

That's cheap!!!
I must add that's at my local Food Basics and No Frills stores. Noit everywhere is as cheap.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

I must add that's at my local Food Basics and No Frills stores. Noit everywhere is as cheap.
I always wonder how easy they are to transport. Must be easliy ripped
Old Apr 5th 2009, 10:26 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

When old threads are not allowed to die, they slip into dementia.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 11:17 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
When old posters are not allowed to die, they slip into dementia.
Hello love, nice of you to come and visit. I was just off to see that nice Mr Formby at the paladium.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 12:07 am
Account Closed

I always wonder how easy they are to transport. Must be easliy ripped
Very easy to transport, and not easily ripped.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 1:08 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Very easy to transport, and not easily ripped.
I hate them though. I think they're a fine example of the evils of careless metrification. Most things went metric by expressing the amount in metric measures but not changing the actual volume, thus we have butter sold in 455 megasomethings and beer in 12oz bottles but expressed as 300 and odd milliflops. Bagged milk actually comes in 1 litre bags which don't fit the 1 pint jugs. Wonderful for the milk marketing board as there's so much spillage but so messy in the kitchen.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 2:51 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I hate them though. I think they're a fine example of the evils of careless metrification.
You'll be pleased to know they sell 1 gallon plastic jugs of milk in Detroit for $1.80 ish....
Old Apr 6th 2009, 5:55 am
Account Closed

I hate them though. I think they're a fine example of the evils of careless metrification. Most things went metric by expressing the amount in metric measures but not changing the actual volume, thus we have butter sold in 455 megasomethings and beer in 12oz bottles but expressed as 300 and odd milliflops. Bagged milk actually comes in 1 litre bags which don't fit the 1 pint jugs. Wonderful for the milk marketing board as there's so much spillage but so messy in the kitchen.
I don't like them either, but the Mrs prefers them.

Our bagged milk comes in a pack of 3 individual bags, each of which I assume are of exactly equal amounts of approximately 1.333 (recurring) totalling 4L.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Can you get milk in bottles or cartons? Surely bagged milk isn't the only option?
Old Apr 6th 2009, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

I have heard a lot of things that are right with it but curious to know what annoys some people.

I would like to know so I am not entering the country with rose tinted glasses!! I want the dirt lol!!
The Canadian High Commission in London. They are most rude, bad mannered, pig ignorant people on this earth, who make decisions that totally defy all logic :curse:

Speaking from first hand experience. Other than that Canada is fine.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 10:46 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Can you get milk in bottles or cartons? Surely bagged milk isn't the only option?
Plenty of cartons of different sizes. There are 'deposits' on them and in some provinces you only get half the deposit back. If you bother.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 11:30 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gray C
The Canadian High Commission in London. They are most rude, bad mannered, pig ignorant people on this earth, who make decisions that totally defy all logic :curse:

Speaking from first hand experience. Other than that Canada is fine.
Are they indeed? That's news to me but what would I know? I only worked there for four years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.