Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What's wrong with Canada?

What's wrong with Canada?

Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:49 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's wrong with Canada?

Originally Posted by Steve_P
I have never in 46 years of living here heard anything so stupid.

What kind of car and was the dealership that of the same manufacturer?

My new car came with one I had no choice "mandatory option" Toyota called it.
range rover. land rover dealer. its apparently on a couple of the annorak type threads, like i said steve, i don't know any different, though i am a little worried as i do leave it outside a lot.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:50 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rae
what about when you are told you are not allowed to fit a block heater or it will void the warranty, eh, eh, what about that then??
Mine already has one, just don't know when to use it
Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:50 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
Mine already has one, just don't know when to use it
What is a block heater?
Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:55 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
What is a block heater?
its a heater for blocks
Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:57 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rae
its a heater for blocks
Thats what i thought
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:00 pm
rae
Settled.

Thats what i thought
sorry, but you left yourself wide open for that one.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:01 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by rae
sorry, but you left yourself wide open for that one.
Don't worry...i was just playing
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:15 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rae
range rover. land rover dealer. its apparently on a couple of the annorak type threads, like i said steve, i don't know any different, though i am a little worried as i do leave it outside a lot.
I think I'd contact Land Rover directly and get an answer from them.

I can't imagine a reason why a block heater would void a warranty.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:18 pm
rae
Settled.

terribly off topic here sorry.
http://www.rangerovers.net/rrmkiiire...l#condensation

this is the train spotters guide to the car, something about having an independant oil heater that a block heater interferes with, its where i was directed to, i found it and then switched off, too technical.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by rae
terribly off topic here sorry.
http://www.rangerovers.net/rrmkiiire...l#condensation

this is the train spotters guide to the car, something about having an independant oil heater that a block heater interferes with, its where i was directed to, i found it and then switched off, too technical.
So is there an electrical cord that you can see leading to this oil heater if so fine that's what you want. If not tell the dealer to make sure you have one and to show you where it is stored.

I would ask why you can buy a genuine Land Rover block heater here if it voids the warranty?

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/PRC9674G.cfm
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of lightYogi-Bear is a glorious beacon of light

What is a block heater?
Hi Flirty

Keeps the engine block nice and warm in the cold Canadian months. You know what that ICE can do to an engine.

Y
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:25 pm
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by Steve_P
So is there an electrical cord that you can see leading to this oil heater if so fine that's what you want. If not tell the dealer to make sure you have one and to show you where it is stored.

I would ask why you can buy a genuine Land Rover block heater here if it voids the warranty?

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/PRC9674G.cfm
Does not fit Freelander, Range Rover 4.4 or Series vehicles.

this is mine i'm afraid, looks like the older ones don't have it.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Yogi-Bear
Hi Flirty

Keeps the engine block nice and warm in the cold Canadian months. You know what that ICE can do to an engine

Y
ICE is an engine.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:27 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by Yogi-Bear
Hi Flirty

Keeps the engine block nice and warm in the cold Canadian months. You know what that ICE can do to an engine

Y
oooh, i thought you just put De-Icer in it and that was that..

Have fun with your heaters....night folks ...xxxx
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by rae
Does not fit Freelander, Range Rover 4.4 or Series vehicles.

this is mine i'm afraid, looks like the older ones don't have it.
OK so they need to confirm for you that you do indeed have said "oil heater" and show you the electrical cord for same.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.