Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What's wrong with Canada?

What's wrong with Canada?

Old Apr 15th 2009, 2:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's wrong with Canada?

Originally Posted by Pompeydude
Does the place get greener in the summer?
Yes, the grass will turn green almost overnight sometime in late May, and will stay mostly green till end Oct, then it will be brown again, or white ( ).
In fact, Calgary can look spectacular in foliage, colour and lushness, but it is for a pretty short amount of time. Make the most of it, the locals do.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 2:24 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ann m
Yes, the grass will turn green almost overnight sometime in late May
The grass is turning green already on some south facing slopes in town.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 2:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
The grass is turning green already on some south facing slopes in town.
We vicariously absorb early greenery from the nearby golf course The covers have been coming off this week and the greens are already way ahead of the rest of the landscape. I saw about four blades of greenery in my own garden this week, but I don't think that counts yet
Old Apr 15th 2009, 2:51 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

The grass stays green here through winter and turns brown in the summer
Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:36 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pompeydude
Does the place get greener in the summer?
I thought the grass is greener the whole time.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:43 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I thought the grass is greener the whole time.
Except when Montreal smokes the Leafs!
Old Apr 16th 2009, 4:44 am
Just Joined

essexgirlno1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by act1980
I have heard a lot of things that are right with it but curious to know what annoys some people.

I would like to know so I am not entering the country with rose tinted glasses!! I want the dirt lol!!
They don't sell Twiglets!
Old Apr 16th 2009, 8:14 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
Except when Montreal smokes the Leafs!
I thought Vancouver was the place to go to smoke the 'leaf'
Old Apr 20th 2009, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by essexgirlno1
They don't sell Twiglets!
That isn't good! Maybe they have them in the British stores?
Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:20 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
I can't wait till act1980 makes it to Canada and starts a block heater thread
what about when you are told you are not allowed to fit a block heater or it will void the warranty, eh, eh, what about that then??
Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by rae
what about when you are told you are not allowed to fit a block heater or it will void the warranty, eh, eh, what about that then??
Are you saying someone actually said that, in north central Alberta?
Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:38 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Are you saying someone actually said that, in north central Alberta?

yep, from the dealership. i took out an extended warranty and was considering it, i've managed so far but only by the skin of my teeth, anyway was told no, would invalidate the warranty. so there you go. i am no mechanic so am just going with what i am told.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I bet they would offer to fit one for you though, for a fee ?
Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by rae
yep, from the dealership. i took out an extended warranty and was considering it, i've managed so far but only by the skin of my teeth, anyway was told no, would invalidate the warranty. so there you go. i am no mechanic so am just going with what i am told.
I have never in 46 years of living here heard anything so stupid.

What kind of car and was the dealership that of the same manufacturer?

My new car came with one I had no choice "mandatory option" Toyota called it.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:46 pm
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by ann m
I bet they would offer to fit one for you though, for a fee ?
no, thats how it came about, cause it hasn't got one, was trying to work a freebie into the deal, it was just a flat no!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.