Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Old Jul 13th 2021, 2:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

OK successful trip report using the vax quarantine exemption.

Very smooth arrival at YYZ. Nexus lane open so no line for customs/immigration for me. Did my normal declaration, the only thing different from pre-covid is they ask about symptoms, then for PCR test and vaccination certificate. EU digital covid certificate was accepted no problem as proof of full vaccination. 20min wait for the switch health covid test on arrival, I had already pre-registered ahead of my arrival so that was all good. Waiting for my results now, although you do not need to quarantine until the arrival results come, I was free to go do as I wished so I went out for lunch with friends before driving home. I only have to quarantine if the results come back positive.
Old Jul 13th 2021, 3:01 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
I only have to quarantine if the results come back positive.
What do they do, come out in Hazmat suits and arrest you?
Old Jul 13th 2021, 3:10 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
OK successful trip report using the vax quarantine exemption.

Very smooth arrival at YYZ. Nexus lane open so no line for customs/immigration for me. Did my normal declaration, the only thing different from pre-covid is they ask about symptoms, then for PCR test and vaccination certificate. EU digital covid certificate was accepted no problem as proof of full vaccination. 20min wait for the switch health covid test on arrival, I had already pre-registered ahead of my arrival so that was all good. Waiting for my results now, although you do not need to quarantine until the arrival results come, I was free to go do as I wished so I went out for lunch with friends before driving home. I only have to quarantine if the results come back positive.

Welcome back - happy to hear you had an event free journey home! Fingers crossed your test is negative both today and on the 8th day.
Old Jul 13th 2021, 3:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie

Welcome back - happy to hear you had an event free journey home! Fingers crossed your test is negative both today and on the 8th day.
Thank you...it's good to be back near my parents siblings and friends. No day 8 test for fully vaccinated so just this one!!
Old Jul 13th 2021, 4:41 pm
Banned

BritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone have a info on the 1 jab entry? Do you still have to get a crappy covid /bug ridden hotel for a 3 nighter

Last edited by BritCanadaNewbie; Jul 13th 2021 at 4:43 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2021, 5:00 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritCanadaNewbie
Does anyone have a info on the 1 jab entry? Do you still have to get a crappy covid /bug ridden hotel for a 3 nighter
Have a look at the checklist here: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...tent=en#flying

As the exemptions only apply to fully vaccinated people, the above checklist seems to indicate you would need the hotel stay.

More here: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...ooking.html#s1
Specifically:

If you don't qualify for the fully vaccinated exemption, you must book and pay for a 3-night hotel stopover before you arrive in Canada. You'll stay at the government-authorized hotel while you await your arrival test results.

This applies even if you have:
  • tested negative for COVID-19 on your pre-entry test
  • a place to quarantine alone

You could also look here and see if you are exempt too: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ons/exemptions
The Sshort version would be: If you do not or cannot get the second does, hotel stay. If you can get the second dose, no hotel stay.

Last edited by sharkus; Jul 13th 2021 at 5:08 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2021, 5:16 pm
Banned

BritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes yes i know this ! Why you would think i would not know? You've already replied on the other thread?

I'm asking for folks of experiences of the hotel stop over etc. I was hospitalised with the heart inflammation with the first jab I'm avoiding the second death dance jab like the plague!
Old Jul 13th 2021, 5:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritCanadaNewbie
Yes yes i know this ! Why you would think i would not know?
To be fair, you did ask if you'd still need to stay in a hotel and didn't ask for others experiences?!? So it did seem you didn't know.

Old Jul 14th 2021, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future

Hi all,

I have a couple of Qs regarding travel back to the UK and then into Canada subsequently. I am reading an absolute mass of info and starting to get a bit overwhelmed tbh.

Circumstances are that my brother is getting married on the 30th of July so obviously, my husband and I would like to return for the wedding. Husband is Canadian and am British with Canadian PR. We were desperately hoping that Canada would be added to the UK green list but Grant Shapps tweeted today and inexplicably, Canada has not been added. So what are our options?

We are both max vaxxed with 2 doses. I know the test to release scheme is a thing in the UK after 5 days which may work for my husband. I think being British, I can travel without quarantine but still have to take the tests? Is my understanding correct.

Returning here, should be simpler for the above reasons as we are max vaxxed. Book the test before travel etc. Can my parents visit here afterwards? Both are British and max vaxxed.

I am so sick of this pandemic and the rule changes seem to make no sense whatsoever.

Old Jul 14th 2021, 7:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Lot's of rumblings from high ranking US senators about the land border and being prepared to open the US side without Canada's blessing.

Probably just more hot air to pressure Trudeau.
Old Jul 14th 2021, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bramallblade
Hi all,

I have a couple of Qs regarding travel back to the UK and then into Canada subsequently. I am reading an absolute mass of info and starting to get a bit overwhelmed tbh.

Circumstances are that my brother is getting married on the 30th of July so obviously, my husband and I would like to return for the wedding. Husband is Canadian and am British with Canadian PR. We were desperately hoping that Canada would be added to the UK green list but Grant Shapps tweeted today and inexplicably, Canada has not been added. So what are our options?

We are both max vaxxed with 2 doses. I know the test to release scheme is a thing in the UK after 5 days which may work for my husband. I think being British, I can travel without quarantine but still have to take the tests? Is my understanding correct.

I am so sick of this pandemic and the rule changes seem to make no sense whatsoever.

I too am very disappointed if Canada doesn’t make the green list - also hoping to travel later in summer so I have a little more time than you.
Just to pick you up on one point though, your being a UK citizen doesn’t help under the current rules, unless you were vaccinated in the UK?
Check the gov.uk site but from what I read, you’re only exempt from quarantine at present with proof of being vaccinated in the UK ☹️
Old Jul 14th 2021, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Twitcher1958
I too am very disappointed if Canada doesn’t make the green list - also hoping to travel later in summer so I have a little more time than you.
Just to pick you up on one point though, your being a UK citizen doesn’t help under the current rules, unless you were vaccinated in the UK?
Check the gov.uk site but from what I read, you’re only exempt from quarantine at present with proof of being vaccinated in the UK ☹️
Seriously? I am absolutely done with all of this. I haven't been able to find anything about specific info about the vaccines having to have been administered in the UK? I have been looking and looking? Do you have a direct link?

Thanks for your reply.
Old Jul 14th 2021, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Returning here, should be simpler for the above reasons as we are max vaxxed. Book the test before travel etc. Can my parents visit here afterwards? Both are British and max vaxxed.

Canada remains an Amber list country so you will have to quarantine for 10 days or test to release after 5 Days. I think the requirements are the same whoever you are so you and your husband would come under the same rules.
Old Jul 14th 2021, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously? I am absolutely done with all of this. I haven't been able to find anything about specific info about the vaccines having to have been administered in the UK? I have been looking and looking? Do you have a direct link?

Thanks for your reply.
Sorry - I’m on a temperamental iPad at present which doesn’t like posting links or screenshots and I have both. Look on the gov.uk site for coronavirus rules for red, amber and green countries and you’ll find it there - I just checked. As you say, no sign of rules for Canada changing - Bulgaria is though, along with a few others.
I’d love you to prove me wrong though.
Old Jul 14th 2021, 7:57 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply.
According to the UK Govt website..https://www.gov.uk/government/news/q...list-countries

from 19 July, arrivals who have been fully vaccinated with an NHS administered vaccine in the UK (plus 14 days), or are on a formally approved UK vaccine clinical trial, returning to England from amber list countries will no longer need to quarantine – passengers will need to provide proof of their vaccination status to carriers in advance of travel
I believe you may have to self quarantine for 10 days.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-ambe...tering-england

Determine which zone Canada is.. then check the rules for that zone (can change daily, so be prepared)

Amber.. (Canada)

On arrival in England

On arrival in England you must:
  • quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days
  • take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8
Read about quarantine and taking COVID-19 tests.

Children aged 4 and under do not need to take the day 2 or day 8 test.

You may be able to end quarantine early if you pay for a private COVID-19 test through the Test to Release scheme.
Coming from overseas..
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-t...virus-covid-19

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...ational-travel
Under the Test to Release scheme you can choose to pay for a private COVID-19 test on day 5. If the result is negative (and the result of your day 2 test result was negative or inconclusive) you can end your quarantine.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 14th 2021 at 8:02 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.