Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Old Jul 2nd 2021, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

dejavus is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Originally Posted by Siouxie
The information for fully vaccinated entry, is on the official website
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ntering-canada
Thanks.
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 3:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

There is no requirement to show the airline the ArriveCan app when boarding a flight to Canada.

Legally there is no requirement to download the App and enter any details especially if you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.

From the website
If you don't submit your information through ArriveCAN, you won’t be denied:
  • boarding if arriving by air
  • entry into Canada if crossing at a land border
However, you may:
  • face additional delays at the border for public health questioning
  • be subject to enforcement action
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...arrivecan.html

So again why the need to download it now?
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
There is no requirement to show the airline the ArriveCan app when boarding a flight to Canada.

Legally there is no requirement to download the App and enter any details especially if you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.

From the website
If you don't submit your information through ArriveCAN, you won’t be denied:
  • boarding if arriving by air
  • entry into Canada if crossing at a land border
However, you may:
  • face additional delays at the border for public health questioning
  • be subject to enforcement action
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...arrivecan.html

So again why the need to download it now?
I said earlier in the thread that I am not yet PR but hold a valid COPR and fully vaccinated so intend taking advantage of the exemption coming in force after the 5th July.

@Siouxie posted the information that will be required in the app so, its up to me to decide if I still want to travel on the 6th by the look of it.
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dejavus
I said earlier in the thread that I am not yet PR but hold a valid COPR and fully vaccinated so intend taking advantage of the exemption coming in force after the 5th July.

@Siouxie posted the information that will be required in the app so, its up to me to decide if I still want to travel on the 6th by the look of it.
Some of the experts might know more but i think you may have to hotel quarantine!
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
Some of the experts might know more but i think you may have to hotel quarantine!
Not unless I show symptoms of covid on arrival otherwise I ll be free to go, but I have to upload arrangement made for 14 days quarantine to upload into the app just in case its required.
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 3:47 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OrangeMango
I don't think that the AZ vaccine manufactured for the UK market is less effective than the one in the EU.

It's most likely politics again, with their idiocy trying to cause insecurity among the people.
I read that it's because the Indian manufacturers haven't submitted the data to the EU for approval
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 5:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
I read that it's because the Indian manufacturers haven't submitted the data to the EU for approval
Cant blame the Royal Mail for that
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 10:39 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Cant blame the Royal Mail for that
somebody will though
Old Jul 3rd 2021, 9:03 am
Just Joined

The Fully vaccinated exemption start date has now been revised to start 5th July 12:01am.
Old Jul 3rd 2021, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

The Fully vaccinated exemption start date has now been revised to start 5th July 12:01am.
If that's the case then good, I think at 23:59 it would've caught a few people out.
Old Jul 3rd 2021, 6:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Local time I guess?
Old Jul 4th 2021, 12:07 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Local time I guess?
That is the standard time for anything.. "12.01" on xyz date. Local time
Old Jul 4th 2021, 12:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
That is the standard time for anything.. "12.01" on xyz date. Local time
Yes but I never trust governments to stick with standard anything....

The government website says (which would load for me when I asked earlier) say's ET so presumably they using ET for the entire country?

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ada#vaccinated

Old Jul 4th 2021, 1:35 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

The government website says (which would load for me when I asked earlier) say's ET so presumably they using ET for the entire country?

Perhaps they use 'Ottawa' (capital of Canada) - EST - for Govt. standard time?

Starting at 12:01 am ET on July 5: Exemptions for fully vaccinated travellers who meet specific conditions
Old Jul 4th 2021, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

That's how it is done, so you have to decide what time xxx ET is in your area.

I have dealings with companies that say open from xxx to xxx ET ........... so I have to be sure that I contact them before the end time, because the start time is often before I am fully compost mentis!

The Bay for example has sales that end at xxx ET.

American online companies do the same thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.