Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Old Jul 16th 2021, 12:09 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Originally Posted by bramallblade
Circling back to this Ireland/EU business. Is this viable? Do we have any indication of timeline?

Next Q. I am struggling to find acceptable pre departure Covid tests to enter the UK in my area. The nearest is in Oshawa and I am near Kingston in Napanee.

This whole mess is doing my head in now. Not sure I can even make it over for my brother's wedding as everything is so difficult. Also, day 8 test doesn't count as pre-departure test because nobody knows why except maybe money.
https://quinteidapharmacy.medmeapp.c...SAAEgJRfvD_BwE

would this be acceptable? It's Belleville
or Dynacare https://www.dynacare.ca/find-a-location.aspx

Last edited by bats; Jul 16th 2021 at 12:21 am.
Old Jul 19th 2021, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
It's not an issue because your question appeared to suggest that thousands of people were able to enter the UK for a football match when they weren't. Apologies if I misunderstood.

But if you don't want to have anything to do with 60000 football fans then don't go to the football match.
Yes, that's what I meant. As far as I know fans couldn't travel to the UK to go to the UEFA cup final. The Italians who visited the stadium were Italians who lived in the UK.

As much as I would have liked to have gone, the infection threat would have been too high. I've been vaccinated twice, however, I didn't want to test that one yet among 60.000 fans.

However originally the thread is about quarantine in Canada upon arrival.

As far as I understood the mandatory hotel stay is definitely off the cards? ( vaccinated twice and tested negative as a requirement ) The only issue would be a positive test result upon arrival, meaning one would have to self isolate at the designated address?
Old Jul 19th 2021, 1:01 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OrangeMango
As far as I understood the mandatory hotel stay is definitely off the cards? ( vaccinated twice and tested negative as a requirement ) The only issue would be a positive test result upon arrival, meaning one would have to self isolate at the designated address?
Hope it's not rude, all the info is here (saves my copy and pasting it ), short version. correct, no stay if you meet all the requirements for the fully vaccinated exemption. You still do need a quarantine plan ready in case it's needed, in other words if you don't get the exemption.
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ntering-canada
Old Jul 19th 2021, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharkus
Hope it's not rude, all the info is here (saves my copy and pasting it ), short version. correct, no stay if you meet all the requirements for the fully vaccinated exemption. You still do need a quarantine plan ready in case it's needed, in other words if you don't get the exemption.

I am aware of this site.

What this site doesn't seem to tell you is how much does the test upon arrival actually cost? The one that is done at Pearson airport, for instance leads me to this website: https://portal.switchhealth.ca/

Does one have to wait at the airport for the result?
Old Jul 19th 2021, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

la3morri is an unknown quantity at this point

Would anyone be willing to summarise the latest on entering Toronto from from the UK (Canadian citizen, double jabbed with child - not jabbed)…. I think we're clear what to expect on the UK side but in Ontario I think there has been some changes recently. The Canada embassy here does not have clear info on its website (which looks like it was designed in 1999).
Thank you in advance in anyone ventures...
Old Jul 19th 2021, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by la3morri
Would anyone be willing to summarise the latest on entering Toronto from from the UK (Canadian citizen, double jabbed with child - not jabbed)…. I think we're clear what to expect on the UK side but in Ontario I think there has been some changes recently. The Canada embassy here does not have clear info on its website (which looks like it was designed in 1999).
Also regarding the "Arrive Canada App".

On the website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...arrivecan.html

it says: You’ll need to submit your information within 72 hours before your arrival to Canada.

However the vaccination certificate / is way older than 72 hours. Would I have to wait with with that one as well?

I would largely think the 72 hours are regarding the PCR test? Also "Account creation" or "uploading documents" via Arrive Canada app is not the same as submitting?

The reason, I am asking these questions is that I don't want to run into any nasty surprises, having booked flights, having reserved an AirBnB, etc.....
Old Jul 19th 2021, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

la3morri is an unknown quantity at this point

I was not aware of the Arrive Canada App - its clear now.

But I couldn't find anywhere on the website about children who are not eligible for vaccination (and are thus not vaccinated). Would they need to hotel quarantine?
Old Jul 19th 2021, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

But I couldn't find anywhere on the website about children who are not eligible for vaccination (and are thus not vaccinated). Would they need to hotel quarantine?
I thought the hotel quarantine is over for good, - that's what I've read in the media at least. If tested positive or arriving with an unvaccinated child, it's home isolation for 14 days? That's how I seemed to have understood it.
Old Jul 19th 2021, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've taken some research on one of the facebook groups.

Somebody reported that one is given some kind of self test at Pearson airport which is then either done at home and picked up by Purolator or done at Pearson airport if one is willing to queue. This happens after the quarantine exemption according to the documents uploaded in Arrive Canada is apparently approved.

The test upon arrival at Pearson airport seems to be free of charge. So the only extra charge seems to be the PCR test in the country departing.

In the case of positive one is to isolate at home, thus the quarantine plan is still in place. The hotel quarantine seems to have stopped, at least for the fully vaccinated Canadians and PRs returning. Only unvaccinated Canadians and PRs regardless of test result seem to be subject to mandatory hotel quarantine.

Last edited by OrangeMango; Jul 19th 2021 at 3:09 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2021, 4:07 pm
Banned

BritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond repute

Also regarding the "Arrive Canada App".

On the website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...arrivecan.html

it says: You’ll need to submit your information within 72 hours before your arrival to Canada.

However the vaccination certificate / is way older than 72 hours. Would I have to wait with with that one as well?

I would largely think the 72 hours are regarding the PCR test? Also "Account creation" or "uploading documents" via Arrive Canada app is not the same as submitting?

The reason, I am asking these questions is that I don't want to run into any nasty surprises, having booked flights, having reserved an AirBnB, etc.....
Heathrow do a Canada covid pre flight test (called LAMP test) for you to get on the plane assuming its negative in 60 mins. So don't worry too much about the Pre-Entry certificate about the 72 clock countdown. Just get to the airport before the checkin desk opens to save time

Last edited by BritCanadaNewbie; Jul 19th 2021 at 4:26 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2021, 5:10 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

What status do you have to be able to enter Canada? Do you have a work or study permit, or are you a Permanent Resident or any of the other exemptions for travel? Only specific people are allowed in at this time.. see:
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...#travel-exempt

If you have consent to travel, with an unvaccinated child you may be required to quarantine.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada#children
Travelling with children or dependents who are not fully vaccinated

Children under the age of 18, or dependent adults, who are not fully vaccinated, but who are accompanied by fully vaccinated travellers:
  • must quarantine for 14 days
  • must follow all testing requirements (unless under the age of 5)
  • are not required to stay at a government-authorized hotel

and https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ecklist#flying

However, how old is your chld? If under 5 they may be exempt too.

Children who are under 5 years of age

These exemptions apply only to the child, not to the parents, guardians or family travelling together. Children who are 5 on the day of their travel must have proof of a negative COVID-19 test.

Exempt from pre-entry test
Exempt from arrival test
Exempt from Day-8 test
Quarantine required
Exempt from mandatory hotel stopover

Old Jul 19th 2021, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BritCanadaNewbie
Heathrow do a Canada covid pre flight test (called LAMP test) for you to get on the plane assuming its negative in 60 mins. So don't worry too much about the Pre-Entry certificate about the 72 clock countdown. Just get to the airport before the checkin desk opens to save time
I am afraid, I won't be flying via Heathrow. It'll be Amsterdam or Frankfurt for me.

Is LAMP accepted? I thought it has to be PCR?
Old Jul 19th 2021, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I am afraid, I won't be flying via Heathrow. It'll be Amsterdam or Frankfurt for me.

Is LAMP accepted? I thought it has to be PCR?
List of accepted tests

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...getting-tested
Old Jul 19th 2021, 9:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like August 9, Canada will reopen it's borders to US Citizens and Permanent Residents currently residing in the US who are fully vaccinated.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/19/world...ing/index.html

No word on the US side yet.
Old Jul 20th 2021, 4:32 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Looks like August 9, Canada will reopen it's borders to US Citizens and Permanent Residents currently residing in the US who are fully vaccinated.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/19/world...ing/index.html

No word on the US side yet.

They have always been allowed in for essential reasons - but now it will be easier for discretionary / non-essential travel too - well spotted!

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...nts-of-th.html

For the rest of the world travellers, it could be 7th September
On September 7, 2021, provided that Canada’s COVID-19 epidemiology remains favourable, the Government intends to open Canada’s borders for discretionary travel by travellers from any country who have been fully vaccinated with Government of Canada-accepted vaccines at least 14 days prior to entering Canada and who meet specific entry requirements.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.