Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Old Jul 14th 2021, 8:35 am
  #1201  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 158
bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future
Default Re: Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Originally Posted by Twitcher1958
Sorry - I’m on a temperamental iPad at present which doesn’t like posting links or screenshots and I have both. Look on the gov.uk site for coronavirus rules for red, amber and green countries and you’ll find it there - I just checked. As you say, no sign of rules for Canada changing - Bulgaria is though, along with a few others.
I’d love you to prove me wrong though.
I did some more digging and you are right. It's a mess. Bulgaria? WTF? They are nowhere near as highly vaccinated as Canada.
bramallblade is offline  
Old Jul 14th 2021, 8:36 am
  #1202  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 158
bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future
Default Re: Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Originally Posted by Siouxie
According to the UK Govt website..https://www.gov.uk/government/news/q...list-countries



I believe you may have to self quarantine for 10 days.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-ambe...tering-england

Determine which zone Canada is.. then check the rules for that zone (can change daily, so be prepared)

Amber.. (Canada)


Coming from overseas..
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-t...virus-covid-19
Thanks for this. The quarantine is a total mess. Day 5 test to release is also a scam. It isn't day 5, but more like day 8 by the time you get the results.
bramallblade is offline  
Old Jul 14th 2021, 9:22 am
  #1203  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 386
Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Originally Posted by bramallblade
I did some more digging and you are right. It's a mess. Bulgaria? WTF? They are nowhere near as highly vaccinated as Canada.
We are coming the other way and the UK government's continued and seemingly arbitrary advice not to travel to Amber countries also means travel insurance is invalidated.
Revin Kevin is offline  
Old Jul 14th 2021, 11:49 pm
  #1204  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 834
OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Originally Posted by Twitcher1958
Sorry - I’m on a temperamental iPad at present which doesn’t like posting links or screenshots and I have both. Look on the gov.uk site for coronavirus rules for red, amber and green countries and you’ll find it there - I just checked. As you say, no sign of rules for Canada changing - Bulgaria is though, along with a few others.
I’d love you to prove me wrong though.
Considering how many people were in the Wembley stadium at the UEFA cup final the current entry requirements for the fully vaccinated into the UK are a bad joke.

Bulgaria is on the green list? Why actually? Canada and Germany has way lower rates than the UK? And then Boris Johnson is speaking about further relaxation of the rules within the UK. It's a bit of an idiocy in my mind.
OrangeMango is offline  
Old Jul 14th 2021, 11:57 pm
  #1205  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 158
bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future
Default Re: Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

What's really messed up is that they are relaxing quarantine rules for UK residents vaccinated by the NHS with their approved jabs but not for UK citizens who had the same jabs abroad not through the NHS.

The whole testing process is a massive money maker.
bramallblade is offline  
Old Jul 15th 2021, 12:13 am
  #1206  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 834
OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Originally Posted by bramallblade
What's really messed up is that they are relaxing quarantine rules for UK residents vaccinated by the NHS with their approved jabs but not for UK citizens who had the same jabs abroad not through the NHS.

The whole testing process is a massive money maker.
That's precisely it. British citizens, stranded overseas, and getting vaccinated for the exact reason, to return quarantine and testing free. And I am not talking about Sputnik or Sinopharm, but the approved ones, J&J, Biontech/Pfizer and Moderna.

Once Ireland has ratified the EU mandated "green passport" with the QR code, you can actually try to get back into the UK via Ireland and the Northern Ireland border.

Last edited by OrangeMango; Jul 15th 2021 at 12:19 am.
OrangeMango is offline  
Old Jul 15th 2021, 12:18 am
  #1207  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 158
bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future
Default Re: Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Did some more digging and we were hoping to do the test to release day 5 plan. We finally found a local test on site spot near my parent's place. And were hoping to use the day 8 test as the test for pre flight to come back. Nope. For some reason only Boris knows, that is not acceptable. All about making money.
bramallblade is offline  
Old Jul 15th 2021, 12:29 am
  #1208  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 834
OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Originally Posted by bramallblade
For some reason only Boris knows, that is not acceptable. All about making money.
I know. At the same time Boris wants to make masks only optional in the tube, public transport, trains, etc....

I think there may be a way in as it states "non resident British citizens". How do they determine at the border that one is non resident in the UK? Especially if one hasn't even had an income in that foreign country due to Corona. So with a British passport in hand, a vaccination certificate, a British debit and credit card and the still existing NiNo number one could easily be exempt from that costly testing-orgy by Boris.

Apparently you're exempt from this all, if you're British, vaccinated overseas with an approved vaccine, but still resident in the UK.
OrangeMango is offline  
Old Jul 15th 2021, 12:31 am
  #1209  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 158
bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future
Default Re: Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Originally Posted by OrangeMango
I know. At the same time Boris wants to make masks only optional in the tube, public transport, trains, etc....

I think there may be a way in as it states "non resident British citizens". How do they determine at the border that one is non resident in the UK? Especially if one hasn't even had an income in that foreign country due to Corona. So with a British passport in hand, a vaccination certificate, a British debit and credit card and the still existing NiNo number one could easily be exempt from that costly testing-orgy by Boris.

Apparently you're exempt from this all, if you're British, vaccinated overseas with an approved vaccine, but still resident in the UK.
Right! I have been thrashing through the options with my parents on video calls (it is my bro's wedding on the 30th) and I said to them... "I hope you remember all this by the time the next election rolls around".
bramallblade is offline  
Old Jul 15th 2021, 12:39 am
  #1210  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 834
OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Originally Posted by bramallblade
Right! I have been thrashing through the options with my parents on video calls (it is my bro's wedding on the 30th) and I said to them... "I hope you remember all this by the time the next election rolls around".
Wait until Ireland accepts the QR code and go in via Northern Ireland. It's extra time, but for the cost of tests I'd rather travel across the UK than pay for political idiocy.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 15th 2021 at 12:41 am. Reason: Please don't encourage others to break the law
OrangeMango is offline  
Old Jul 15th 2021, 2:37 am
  #1211  
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,879
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Originally Posted by OrangeMango
I know. At the same time Boris wants to make masks only optional in the tube, public transport, trains, etc....

I think there may be a way in as it states "non resident British citizens". How do they determine at the border that one is non resident in the UK? Especially if one hasn't even had an income in that foreign country due to Corona. So with a British passport in hand, a vaccination certificate, a British debit and credit card and the still existing NiNo number one could easily be exempt from that costly testing-orgy by Boris.

Apparently you're exempt from this all, if you're British, vaccinated overseas with an approved vaccine, but still resident in the UK.
I believe because you will need to have the NHS confirmation of vaccination, if you reside in the UK - if you don't have it, you'll reveal that you are not resident in the UK.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/q...list-countries
All passengers will still need to complete their passenger locator form, which will include the requirement to declare vaccination status and provide proof of their pre-departure test. Amber arrivals will be required to prove their full vaccination status to carriers before departing, either via the NHS app or via an NHS COVID Pass letter which can be obtained by calling 119 for travelling overseas (which could take 5 days to arrive by post).
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/demonstr...ovid-19-status

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 15th 2021 at 2:41 am.
Siouxie is offline  
Old Jul 15th 2021, 5:01 am
  #1212  
Oscar nominated
 
BristolUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Moncton, NB, CANADA
Posts: 52,361
BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Originally Posted by OrangeMango
Considering how many people were in the Wembley stadium at the UEFA cup final the current entry requirements for the fully vaccinated into the UK are a bad joke..
What do the UK entry requirements have to do with tickets for a match only being available for people resident in the UK?
BristolUK is offline  
Old Jul 15th 2021, 5:46 am
  #1213  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 834
OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Originally Posted by BristolUK
What do the UK entry requirements have to do with tickets for a match only being available for people resident in the UK?
To me a lot. Looking at how packed the stadium was, how bad the fan behaviour was, makes it ridiculous if you want to enter the UK as a fully vaccinated British citizen, still having to undergo various tests and other hurdles, if entering from an EU country with a lot lower incidence rate than the UK.

It might not be an issue to you otherwise you won't be asking, but it is an issue for me.
OrangeMango is offline  
Old Jul 15th 2021, 6:32 am
  #1214  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 158
bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future
Default Re: Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Originally Posted by OrangeMango
That's precisely it. British citizens, stranded overseas, and getting vaccinated for the exact reason, to return quarantine and testing free. And I am not talking about Sputnik or Sinopharm, but the approved ones, J&J, Biontech/Pfizer and Moderna.

Once Ireland has ratified the EU mandated "green passport" with the QR code, you can actually try to get back into the UK via Ireland and the Northern Ireland border.
Circling back to this Ireland/EU business. Is this viable? Do we have any indication of timeline?

Next Q. I am struggling to find acceptable pre departure Covid tests to enter the UK in my area. The nearest is in Oshawa and I am near Kingston in Napanee.

This whole mess is doing my head in now. Not sure I can even make it over for my brother's wedding as everything is so difficult. Also, day 8 test doesn't count as pre-departure test because nobody knows why except maybe money.
bramallblade is offline  
Old Jul 15th 2021, 9:35 am
  #1215  
Oscar nominated
 
BristolUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Moncton, NB, CANADA
Posts: 52,361
BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Originally Posted by OrangeMango
To me a lot. Looking at how packed the stadium was, how bad the fan behaviour was, makes it ridiculous if you want to enter the UK as a fully vaccinated British citizen, still having to undergo various tests and other hurdles, if entering from an EU country with a lot lower incidence rate than the UK.

It might not be an issue to you otherwise you won't be asking, but it is an issue for me.
It's not an issue because your question appeared to suggest that thousands of people were able to enter the UK for a football match when they weren't. Apologies if I misunderstood.

But if you don't want to have anything to do with 60000 football fans then don't go to the football match.
BristolUK is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.