Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Old Jul 3rd 2021, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

The time really should be stated as 00:01 anyway!
Old Jul 3rd 2021, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

I think that JSmth's concern is quite valid given that the initial timing was incredibly non-standard.

Issues like this are why I left an extra week for the numpties in Ottawa to sort all the kinks out
Old Jul 5th 2021, 2:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so getting my ducks in a row to come back next week after almost 2 months away. Trying to sort out what to put for my proof of vaccination.
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...g-canada#proof

In ArriveCAN, you must provide:
  • the details of your first dose (date, country and vaccine you received)
  • the details of your second dose if one was required (i.e., for Pfizer, Moderna, and AstraZeneca vaccines)
  • a photo or PDF file of the record of each dose of your vaccination, such as receipts, cards, or confirmations:
    • if you received two doses and they are both recorded on a single card or PDF, upload that same image or file for dose 1 and again for dose 2
    • file formats accepted: PDF, PNG, JPEG or JPG
    • maximum file size for upload: each image upload has a 2 MB size limit
  • preferred file format: if you received a PDF file of your vaccination record, upload the PDF rather than an image, since the PDF is clearer and easier to read
  • these must be in English, French, or a certified translation into English or French

I have the following documentation:
  • Ontario proof of vaccination for dose 1
  • Malta vaccine card showing 1st dose and 2nd dose info on it (quoted above "if you received both doses and they are on a single card" - the card is like this, they just recorded the Ontario dose 1 and Malta dose 2 info on it for me)
  • Malta vaccine certificate
  • EU digital covid certificate

Wondering what is the best info to input into the app...based on the info above i'm leaning on either
  • submitting the Malta vaccine card for both doses, and carrying the other aforementioned documentation on me
  • Submitting Ontario card for dose 1 and Malta card for dose 2
  • Submitting the EU digital covid certificate for both ?
  • Edited to add - Submit ontario card for dose 1 and EU DCC for dose 2?
Not sure what to do. A poster on another forum advised they called ArriveCan and the proof of vaccine must have the following info on it:
  • your name,
  • the kind of vaccine you had,
  • when you had it, and
  • which location is was given to you.”

The Maltese vax card does not have location on it. The EU DCC has location given as "Malta".

Last edited by Gozit; Jul 5th 2021 at 2:25 am.
Old Jul 5th 2021, 2:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Paging FL - have you received anything you are allowed to share about acceptable proof?
Old Jul 5th 2021, 2:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

From the website
If you received your vaccines outside Canada, it’s still accepted but proof of vaccination must be uploaded digitally in ArriveCAN and must only be in French or English, or certified translation into French or English.

Accepted vaccines:
  • Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine
  • Moderna COVID-19 vaccine
  • AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD COVID-19 vaccine
  • Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 vaccine - single dose
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ntering-canada

You could also be rebellious and not use the ArriveCan app as I have previously posted. Things are changing daily so lets see how it goes today or will there be something else being announced if things don't go smoothly.
Old Jul 5th 2021, 3:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
From the website
If you received your vaccines outside Canada, it’s still accepted but proof of vaccination must be uploaded digitally in ArriveCAN and must only be in French or English, or certified translation into French or English.

Accepted vaccines:
  • Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine
  • Moderna COVID-19 vaccine
  • AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD COVID-19 vaccine
  • Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 vaccine - single dose

You could also be rebellious and not use the ArriveCan app as I have previously posted. Things are changing daily so lets see how it goes today or will there be something else being announced if things don't go smoothly.
It states on the website if you do not use arrivecan you will not be considered for the exemption and will have to do hotel quarantine + 14 day quarantine. So I will be doing arrivecan and carrying digital and paper copies of all documentation.
Old Jul 5th 2021, 3:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It also says that if both doses are listed on the same document you could submit that document - guess I could answer truthfully and say dose1 received Canada dose2 received Malta, and submit the Maltese vaccination certificate as proof for both since it does certify that I received both doses? Ughh so confusing.
Old Jul 5th 2021, 7:15 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
Ok, so getting my ducks in a row to come back next week after almost 2 months away. Trying to sort out what to put for my proof of vaccination.
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...g-canada#proof

I have the following documentation:
  • Ontario proof of vaccination for dose 1
  • Malta vaccine card showing 1st dose and 2nd dose info on it (quoted above "if you received both doses and they are on a single card" - the card is like this, they just recorded the Ontario dose 1 and Malta dose 2 info on it for me)
  • Malta vaccine certificate
  • EU digital covid certificate

Wondering what is the best info to input into the app...based on the info above i'm leaning on either
  • submitting the Malta vaccine card for both doses, and carrying the other aforementioned documentation on me
  • Submitting Ontario card for dose 1 and Malta card for dose 2
  • Submitting the EU digital covid certificate for both ?
  • Edited to add - Submit ontario card for dose 1 and EU DCC for dose 2?
Not sure what to do. A poster on another forum advised they called ArriveCan and the proof of vaccine must have the following info on it:
  • your name,
  • the kind of vaccine you had,
  • when you had it, and
  • which location is was given to you.”
Take careful note of the requirements in the dropdown section> Providing a certified translation if your proof is not in French or English

If your proof of vaccination is not in English or French, do not upload it into ArriveCAN.

Instead, you need to upload a certified translation in English or French.

Keep both the original proof of vaccination and the certified translation with you while you travel.

We only accept translations by a certified translator.

Your certified translation must include the stamp or membership number of a professional translation association.

Translation of documents

If your proof of vaccination doesn't meet all of the requirements it will be considered invalid and you will be required to:
  • stay at government-authorized hotel to await the results of your arrival test before continuing on to your place of quarantine (if arriving by air)
  • complete a quarantine period of at least 14 days
  • complete a second test on day 8 of your quarantine
If both documents are in English I would play it safe and submit Ontario as well as the Malta/EU one

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 5th 2021 at 7:22 am.
Old Jul 5th 2021, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

From the wording ........ Ontario is where you actually received the 1st vaccination. Malta only recorded it for you weeks/months afterwards when you got the 2nd dose.

So my reading and understanding of what is required is ..............

Submit the ONTARIO document for the 1st dose

Submit the MALTA document for the second dose only.

As a once-professional editor, I think what the Government has posted on this matter is perfectly clear (for once!!). It means that if you got both doses at the same geographical place (not clinic obviously), then it will be recorded on the same document, and that one piece of paper has to be submitted twice.

I will eventually have my second dose at a different clinic in a different but adjacent city, but both are in the same Health Region in the same province, so I will have only one document, which at the moment is a small card.
Old Jul 5th 2021, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Take careful note of the requirements in the dropdown section> Providing a certified translation if your proof is not in French or English

If both documents are in English I would play it safe and submit Ontario as well as the Malta/EU one
See I worry about this too. The wording says "only in English or French". My document is in Maltese and English, both official languages of Malta. So I would assume it doesn't need to be translated because it's in English. But it's also in Maltese. And the wording says "only English or French." I don't understand this one.

Originally Posted by scilly
From the wording ........ Ontario is where you actually received the 1st vaccination. Malta only recorded it for you weeks/months afterwards when you got the 2nd dose.

So my reading and understanding of what is required is ..............

Submit the ONTARIO document for the 1st dose

Submit the MALTA document for the second dose only.

As a once-professional editor, I think what the Government has posted on this matter is perfectly clear (for once!!). It means that if you got both doses at the same geographical place (not clinic obviously), then it will be recorded on the same document, and that one piece of paper has to be submitted twice.

I will eventually have my second dose at a different clinic in a different but adjacent city, but both are in the same Health Region in the same province, so I will have only one document, which at the moment is a small card.
See I have the small card from Malta as well that has both doses recorded on it, even though the first one was received outside Malta. Thats where I got confused. But I think you are right, submit Ontario doc for dose 1 and Malta doc for dose 2. The question is then, which Malta doc? The travel/vaccine passport one or the handwritten little card I mentioned above.

It would be immensely more clear if the government just came out and said they will 100% accept the EU issued certificate.
Old Jul 5th 2021, 12:03 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
See I worry about this too. The wording says "only in English or French". My document is in Maltese and English, both official languages of Malta. So I would assume it doesn't need to be translated because it's in English. But it's also in Maltese. And the wording says "only English or French." I don't understand this one.

See I have the small card from Malta as well that has both doses recorded on it, even though the first one was received outside Malta. Thats where I got confused. But I think you are right, submit Ontario doc for dose 1 and Malta doc for dose 2. The question is then, which Malta doc? The travel/vaccine passport one or the handwritten little card I mentioned above.

It would be immensely more clear if the government just came out and said they will 100% accept the EU issued certificate.
Which one has the batch number, the manufacturer of vaccine, date of expiry and the date given, (official stamp, if any) etc., on it?
Old Jul 5th 2021, 8:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Which one has the batch number, the manufacturer of vaccine, date of expiry and the date given, (official stamp, if any) etc., on it?
The handwritten card has all the above except the place or country the vaccination took place, which I gather is important. No official stamps on it. Just handwritten by the nurse who vaccinated me.

The official government/EU cert has everything except the batch number, but I don't gather the batch number is important for travel as some countries don't even give that information to the vacinées, I guess it is only accessed in the case of an adverse event.
Old Jul 6th 2021, 6:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They've updated the wording from "must only be in English or French" to "must be in English or French" - so i should be good.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...try-vaccinated
Old Jul 6th 2021, 8:16 am
Just Joined

ThisisRobbo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, could someone help me with the below (I've contacted the borders agency and Public Health and am yet to receive an answer)?

Me and my family are COPR holders, looking to emigrate to Nova Scotia in September. My wife and I are fully vaccinated but our two children (11 and 9) are not. Our understanding is that our kids will need to quarantine for 14 days.

​​​​Due to flight times, and to ensure we leave plenty of time for the paperwork at the border, we may need to overnight at Toronto before catching our flight to Halifax the following morning.

I just want to check that the quarantine period begins at our final destination (Nova Scotia) rather than Port of Entry (Toronto)?
Old Jul 6th 2021, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ThisisRobbo
Hi, could someone help me with the below (I've contacted the borders agency and Public Health and am yet to receive an answer)?

Me and my family are COPR holders, looking to emigrate to Nova Scotia in September. My wife and I are fully vaccinated but our two children (11 and 9) are not. Our understanding is that our kids will need to quarantine for 14 days.

​​​​Due to flight times, and to ensure we leave plenty of time for the paperwork at the border, we may need to overnight at Toronto before catching our flight to Halifax the following morning.

I just want to check that the quarantine period begins at our final destination (Nova Scotia) rather than Port of Entry (Toronto)?
As you don't intend to arrive until September I am sure things will change several times before then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.