Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Old Jun 23rd 2021, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Originally Posted by OrangeMango
As long as you're over the 14 day limit, I'd say, you're fine, but if you're dealing with a bureaucrat you can never be sure.

The only bottleneck or challenge I would see in that process is to get a molecular test plus result 72 hours prior to arrival, which would be landing in Canada. ( Minus 8 hours for the flight.... )

Do airports do these kind of Covid 19 tests sort of "on the spot"? ( Amsterdam or Frankfurt ? ) Or would some other testing center do? In the worst case, I would have to cancel the whole flight, if I don't get the test pls result in time... Any experiences?
According to the link I posted a couple posts above its 72 hours prior to departure, not arrival.

EIther way there is a clinic near me that does rapid RT-PCR (results available in 30mins) so I will be sorted either way.

Before I left Canada I used LifeLabs FlyClear.
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 4:33 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

As long as you're over the 14 day limit, I'd say, you're fine, but if you're dealing with a bureaucrat you can never be sure.

The only bottleneck or challenge I would see in that process is to get a molecular test plus result 72 hours prior to arrival, which would be landing in Canada. ( Minus 8 hours for the flight.... )

Do airports do these kind of Covid 19 tests sort of "on the spot"? ( Amsterdam or Frankfurt ? ) Or would some other testing center do? In the worst case, I would have to cancel the whole flight, if I don't get the test pls result in time... Any experiences?
This might be of use to you.. https://skyteam.trustassure.app/
https://www.netherlandsworldwide.nl/...he-netherlands
https://www.test2fly.amsterdam/index.html
(If you fly KLM they have their own service.. https://klmhealthservices.com/en/jou...on/coronatest/
Old Jun 28th 2021, 9:12 am
ACF
Just Joined

ACF is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know how the current regime applies to families which are part Canadian and part British? In my case one parent is Canadian (double vaxxed), the other is British (not yet double vaxxed) and the kids are dual nationals (not vaxxed).

If we were to travel to Canada in late July am I right that:
  • Canadian parent would be able to enter (b/c Canadian citizen) and no quarantine
  • British parent would be able to enter (b/c an immediate family member of Canadian citizens) but would be subject to 3 day hotel / 14 day total quarantine
  • Kids would be able to enter (Canadian citizens) but would be subject to 14 day quarantine (no hotel)
In each case entry being subject to certain requirements around pre-testing, having a quarantine plan etc.

I am pretty confident that bullets 1 and 3 are correct based on what I have read. I am less confident on bullet 2 and whether a spouse of a Canadian citizen who is not yet fully vaxxed would be able to enter.

Any thoughts v much appreciated.
Old Jun 28th 2021, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ACF
Does anyone know how the current regime applies to families which are part Canadian and part British? In my case one parent is Canadian (double vaxxed), the other is British (not yet double vaxxed) and the kids are dual nationals (not vaxxed).

If we were to travel to Canada in late July am I right that:
  • Canadian parent would be able to enter (b/c Canadian citizen) and no quarantine
  • British parent would be able to enter (b/c an immediate family member of Canadian citizens) but would be subject to 3 day hotel / 14 day total quarantine
  • Kids would be able to enter (Canadian citizens) but would be subject to 14 day quarantine (no hotel)
In each case entry being subject to certain requirements around pre-testing, having a quarantine plan etc.

I am pretty confident that bullets 1 and 3 are correct based on what I have read. I am less confident on bullet 2 and whether a spouse of a Canadian citizen who is not yet fully vaxxed would be able to enter.

Any thoughts v much appreciated.
Yes to all except if the kids are too young to be vaccinated I think they may come in w/o quarantine with the vaccinated Canadian parent.
Old Jun 28th 2021, 9:46 am
ACF
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
Yes to all except if the kids are too young to be vaccinated I think they may come in w/o quarantine with the vaccinated Canadian parent.
Thanks! Kids are 8/6/4 years old. Obviously if they did not have to quarantine that would be brilliant...

EDIT: one further question - could the British parent do their non-hotel quarantine in the same house as the Canadian parent and the kids or do they need to be altogether separate?

Last edited by ACF; Jun 28th 2021 at 10:21 am.
Old Jun 28th 2021, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ACF
Thanks! Kids are 8/6/4 years old. Obviously if they did not have to quarantine that would be brilliant...

EDIT: one further question - could the British parent do their non-hotel quarantine in the same house as the Canadian parent and the kids or do they need to be altogether separate?
You are supposed to have separate facilities or be able to maintain social distancing perhaps by having a separate living room and say dining apart. Another rule is no one can be over 70 in the house that you are quarantining in.

Old Jun 28th 2021, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute

I normally don't rely on the Sun, but it's scenes like this, everyone should avoid when planning the return to Canada:

https://torontosun.com/news/ive-neve...D_-BxPhl62O9hE
Old Jun 28th 2021, 2:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I normally don't rely on the Sun, but it's scenes like this, everyone should avoid when planning the return to Canada:

The woman is an ‘educator’. What on earth does that mean? I remember a guy who said he was an educator…when pressed he said “I work in the school office”.
Old Jun 28th 2021, 8:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it is this whole covid response regime and all the other identity politics and pandering going on at the moment that makes me very ashamed to be Canadian. I agree wholeheartedly with the article.

Lets hope my return in mid-July goes well.
Old Jun 28th 2021, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gozit
Yes it is this whole covid response regime and all the other identity politics and pandering going on at the moment that makes me very ashamed to be Canadian. I agree wholeheartedly with the article.

Lets hope my return in mid-July goes well.
It is shambolic and quite illogical but I don't understand how, with all the information out there, you get to rock up at the airport totally clueless to quarantine requirements?
Old Jun 28th 2021, 11:28 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

It is shambolic and quite illogical but I don't understand how, with all the information out there, you get to rock up at the airport totally clueless to quarantine requirements?
Exactly.
Old Jun 29th 2021, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Agreed

If you are making the choice to travel in this time where it is considered "abnormal" and "dangerous" then you better spend some time reading and understanding the regulations.
Old Jun 30th 2021, 12:19 pm
ACF
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ACF

I've looked further and cannot see anything which makes it clear that, if kids 8 and younger are travelling with a fully vaxxed Canadian adult, the kids would also be exempt from quarantine. Any advice on this point very much appreciated.

Likewise appreciate any additional thoughts on the British parent doing their non-hotel quarantine in the same house (but with separate sleeping and eating space) as the Canadian parent and the kids (no one over 70 present).

Thank you.
Old Jun 30th 2021, 12:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

From the CBSA website

Unvaccinated minors or dependent adults who are travelling with fully vaccinated travellers must quarantine for 14 days and follow all testing requirements, but are not required to stay at a government-authorized hotel.

For quarantine use this link

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ion#quarantine
Old Jun 30th 2021, 12:46 pm
ACF
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
From the CBSA website

Unvaccinated minors or dependent adults who are travelling with fully vaccinated travellers must quarantine for 14 days and follow all testing requirements, but are not required to stay at a government-authorized hotel.

For quarantine use this link...
Thank you - appreciate it. Unfortunate outcome that kids remain subject to quarantine even in this scenario i.e. Canadian citizens and not even old enough to be offered a vax...

On the quarantine - looks like we could all quarantine together provided the not fully vaxxed adult and kids do not go out.

Last edited by ACF; Jun 30th 2021 at 12:49 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.