The adventure bgins as they say.

All the best

steve
Thank you...Have you arrived yet?
Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Congratulations!
Thank you....

Originally Posted by NovaBoy
Told you it would happen.............hang in there kid.

Just a bit longer - got everything crossed for you & Chris.

Cheers .........I'm not at work!
Thanks again, think I've sorted the multi quote thing...Wish I did not have to work

Charlie
Old Dec 1st 2007, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh My God!!!!!!!

Congrats and good luck

The adventure will begin soon! Then the pacing can stop.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 10:50 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by purple80
Thank you....

Thank you...Have you arrived yet?

Thank you....

Thanks again, think I've sorted the multi quote thing...Wish I did not have to work

Charlie
Yeah...you've sorted out the multi quote all right girl.

Congratulations to Chris and you for all the pacing...it worked.

Roll on next week until we hear the next chapter
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Very excited for you Charlie.........You can still achieve giving up smoking too, even if you are pacing rather alot!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:27 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Robin,
Thanks, things are rather tense at the moment....The avatar sums it all up! Will have to start the hunt for a new one depending on the outcome...
Quit Nurse Appointment on Friday!
Charlie
Old Dec 5th 2007, 11:29 pm

Another day, another update!

Chris had a phone call today, he is meeting the man who would be his boss next Wednesday, (as he is going to be in the UK), final hurdle we think, this is for the position in Ontario. Chris has not got the job in Saskatoon they need someone sooner than Chris could ever have got there....GUTTED, I really came round to the idea

My feet are starting to hurt from all this pacing....
Charlie
Old Dec 6th 2007, 9:58 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Another day, another update!

Chris had a phone call today, he is meeting the man who would be his boss next Wednesday, (as he is going to be in the UK), final hurdle we think, this is for the position in Ontario. Chris has not got the job in Saskatoon they need someone sooner than Chris could ever have got there....GUTTED, I really came round to the idea

My feet are starting to hurt from all this pacing....
Charlie
Oh Charlie, so you aren't going to be joining the rest of us in Saskatchewan after all

Well at least it looks like he will get the job in Ontario
Old Dec 6th 2007, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

sounding hopeful charlie! hope things go well for chris next week, and for your on friday!!
Old Dec 6th 2007, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alvic
Oh Charlie, so you aren't going to be joining the rest of us in Saskatchewan after all

Well, I really hope that Ontario is a good place to be, coz we land on Tuesday! Hope to see you there soon.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manghams
Well, I really hope that Ontario is a good place to be, coz we land on Tuesday! Hope to see you there soon.
It's cold, power outages, dirty grey snow everywhere, road rage at the traffic lights because they're not working, crap on the TV, everything is expensive and the wages are half of what you earn in the UK...
Just kiddin! No I'm not. Yes it's ok really. No I'm lying it's bad, so bad. Hey shuddup already!
Old Dec 7th 2007, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Alvic

Fingers crossed, got my seat booked in local pub if it does not work out! Am gutted was looking forward to Saskatton...

Originally Posted by thundercat600
sounding hopeful charlie! hope things go well for chris next week, and for your on friday!!
Thanks...

Originally Posted by manghams
Where abouts will you be?

Originally Posted by steve666
It's cold, power outages, dirty grey snow everywhere, road rage at the traffic lights because they're not working, crap on the TV, everything is expensive and the wages are half of what you earn in the UK...
Just kiddin! No I'm not. Yes it's ok really. No I'm lying it's bad, so bad. Hey shuddup already!
You love it...

Last edited by purple80; Dec 7th 2007 at 8:33 am.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 9:09 am

Hi All,
Well the news is that there is still no news. :curse:

Chris had 3rd interview on Tuesday night with the Plant Manager (would be boss), all very stressy for us as I was on nights Monday and Tuesday, and Chris was struggling to get out of work early, as he is on a project and they are very busy. Tuesday morning after a night shift, Chris had me running around town trying to find the perfect display folder for his certificates, one and half hours later, £24 lighter I found it went home and put it all together for him.

Interview was set for 8pm in Carmarthen, 3 hour drive from our house on very squirly roads, he roared off our drive at 5.20pm. I went back to bed thinking I can get some sleep now, just as I fell asleep my mobile rang.

Picture this, confused half asleep blonde with ear plugs in, trying to answer phone whilst pulling ear plugs out, managed to answer, pull one out and poke myself in the eye. Now the air has turned blue, luckily it was only Chris. He wanted me to check the map, now imagine me stumbling downstairs to locate a map, mobile phone in one hand, one eye closed and one ear plug in....

Located map he told me what he wanted to know (which was a short cut he had thought of, he just wanted confirmation).

As you would expect of any decent map this involved tracing his route on one page and then trying to find it on another, sorted, told him, then couldn't work out why he was not responding??? Then realised mobile phone was clamped to the ear with plug still in it. Swapped phone to other ear, told Chris what I thought he wanted to know, naming places he would go through, at one point I named Llandovery and he said I don't know where that is, I was starting to lose my cool, so I continued to give the directions going via the place I was not allowed to mention, (sarcasm starting to creep in) and I also said that once he had been through the place I was not allowed to mention, he would know it and could I have permission to mention it in future.

Sorted, I go back to bed, with one sore eye, one stuck ear plug and one foul temper, then proceed to imagine him driving down the Welsh roads way too fast and crashing, gave up on sleep and did the ironing instead.

He rang at 7.50pm to say that he had made it, and on time. I went to work and awaited the phone call, he rang at 11pm, interview went really well, he seemed to have a rapor with the would be boss, who was impressed with his experience and qualifications, not worried about LMO or timeframe. He also found out that the two people who had interviewed Chris previously (Montreal and phone interview) had both spoken to the Plant Manager and said that he really needed to see Chris. We should hear off them next week, (or in the New Year!!!!! NERVOUS BREAKDOWN...)

Plant Manager needs to speak to his boss and the Vice President of Engineering (who interviewed Chris in Montreal). We are presuming (hopefully) that the reason for this would be to confirm that they want him and to work out pay package, we are not counting our chickens yet, but it is looking good...

Charlie
Old Dec 14th 2007, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

All this waiting.....how frustrating!!!
Old Dec 14th 2007, 1:22 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Thats great news for you both - well done!

(and regarding the folder issue and basically anything else where would they be without us, I don't think any men would emigrate if it wasn't for us they'd never cope!)

If you pin your hopes on new year then any sooner is a bonus, it doesn't get any better when you're here either they love to make you wait for good news!

You're doing a fab job being the backbone honey - and your o/h is doing just the same in trying to get the job!

Its a pain in the arse but a combination that seems to work
Old Dec 14th 2007, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
Well the news is that there is still no news. :curse:

Chris had 3rd interview on Tuesday night with the Plant Manager (would be boss), all very stressy for us as I was on nights Monday and Tuesday, and Chris was struggling to get out of work early, as he is on a project and they are very busy. Tuesday morning after a night shift, Chris had me running around town trying to find the perfect display folder for his certificates, one and half hours later, £24 lighter I found it went home and put it all together for him.

Interview was set for 8pm in Carmarthen, 3 hour drive from our house on very squirly roads, he roared off our drive at 5.20pm. I went back to bed thinking I can get some sleep now, just as I fell asleep my mobile rang.

Picture this, confused half asleep blonde with ear plugs in, trying to answer phone whilst pulling ear plugs out, managed to answer, pull one out and poke myself in the eye. Now the air has turned blue, luckily it was only Chris. He wanted me to check the map, now imagine me stumbling downstairs to locate a map, mobile phone in one hand, one eye closed and one ear plug in....

Located map he told me what he wanted to know (which was a short cut he had thought of, he just wanted confirmation).

As you would expect of any decent map this involved tracing his route on one page and then trying to find it on another, sorted, told him, then couldn't work out why he was not responding??? Then realised mobile phone was clamped to the ear with plug still in it. Swapped phone to other ear, told Chris what I thought he wanted to know, naming places he would go through, at one point I named Llandovery and he said I don't know where that is, I was starting to lose my cool, so I continued to give the directions going via the place I was not allowed to mention, (sarcasm starting to creep in) and I also said that once he had been through the place I was not allowed to mention, he would know it and could I have permission to mention it in future.

Sorted, I go back to bed, with one sore eye, one stuck ear plug and one foul temper, then proceed to imagine him driving down the Welsh roads way too fast and crashing, gave up on sleep and did the ironing instead.

He rang at 7.50pm to say that he had made it, and on time. I went to work and awaited the phone call, he rang at 11pm, interview went really well, he seemed to have a rapor with the would be boss, who was impressed with his experience and qualifications, not worried about LMO or timeframe. He also found out that the two people who had interviewed Chris previously (Montreal and phone interview) had both spoken to the Plant Manager and said that he really needed to see Chris. We should hear off them next week, (or in the New Year!!!!! NERVOUS BREAKDOWN...)

Plant Manager needs to speak to his boss and the Vice President of Engineering (who interviewed Chris in Montreal). We are presuming (hopefully) that the reason for this would be to confirm that they want him and to work out pay package, we are not counting our chickens yet, but it is looking good...

:
Good luck with the job, i hope you get the best present ever,
The more i read on here the more i wish i hadn't found BE ( only kidding ) ignorance is bliss We will be doing the same thing soon am dreading it, what a fab job your doing, it will be worth it in the end

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.