Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Oh My God!!!!!!!

Oh My God!!!!!!!

Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:07 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Oh My God!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
Oh no! I didn't mean it like that! I meant that Charlie had done alot of research on Ontario and SK wasn't even on the agenda, that's all. Please forgive me??? I've never been anywhere other than BC in Canada so how could I be offer judgement on any other Province, even if I had it would be subjective and not worth it's weight to anyone else.
Please don't take offence Alvic........
Ack..none taken me dear, it was just a little jokey wokey
Old Nov 11th 2007, 11:51 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twinkles
My hubby (whose Canadian) tells me that you can only get to Saskatoon by stagecoach.
Must have missed that bit, damn and I came by plane how boring.

Originally Posted by purple80
Ha Ha, have to admit I was starting to get that impression....
I can assure you that you can get the Saskatoon in possibly 2 plane rides my friend flew from London to Winnipeg to Regina they also do Saskatoon.

I came LHR to Toronto to Calgary to Saskatoon well I got here didn't I and I'm NOT going back
Old Nov 11th 2007, 11:56 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

update:

We are home, and bloody miserable...

We loved Canada, driving back from Manchester was grim, even the children noticed stuff, how dirty and littered the UK is. I am very surprised at how strongly I feel about things have spent a fair amount of time abroad and seen a lot of things, I was always proud to be British and could never imagine wanting to live in another country.... I CAN NOW!

Chris received an email today asking if he was still in Canada as the company that flew him to Montreal would like to do a second interview (woo how), he is going to email them and say that he is back in the UK, but willing to fly back again, or something.

We flew home on the tuesday night flight from Toronto, and they had the first flurries of snow that night (gutted), both Chris and I are Timmie addicts, we starting to suffer from double double withdrawl, my hips won't be missing the timbits though.

All in all it was an absolutely awesome trip, that has definitely made our minds up. Canada here we come, once jobs are secured and done the whole paperwork thing, easy peasy really.

Charlie
dont ya just love coming back to the ukcrap everywhereyip get out while the going is good clean streets nice houses nice people canada here we come as well
Old Nov 12th 2007, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

Hey Charlie, best of luck for hubbys phone interview this week.

Fingers crossed for you all.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Before you know it - you'll be living in Timmies, Charlie.

Hope it all works out & soon.

Me & B got everything crossed for you!

xx
Old Nov 12th 2007, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna_D

I can assure you that you can get the Saskatoon in possibly 2 plane rides my friend flew from London to Winnipeg to Regina they also do Saskatoon.

I came LHR to Toronto to Calgary to Saskatoon well I got here didn't I and I'm NOT going back

There's a direct flight between Toronto and Saskatoon, at least there was when I went to see a friend there last October.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:33 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

i think we all know the downer coming back to the uk

Looks like it wont be long before you will be over there again, good luck

Karma coming your way

Gill
Old Nov 12th 2007, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Lorna_D

Westjet and Air Canada (Air Jazz) both fly directly from Toronto to Saskatoon and Regina
Old Nov 12th 2007, 4:20 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all....

Hi Novaboy. hows it going?????

Looks like OH interview is going to on Thursday evening :curse:, by which time I will have exploded in anticipation and nerves. Anyone would think it was me being interviewed! I hate waiting, I am on tenderhooks, Chris appears to be coping ok.....Although the email he had off one of the guys who will be interviewing him it was very curt, which we both commented on.....

We have had a long chat about the whole thing, and have decided that although it was not exactly the area we had intended on, the rest of it is too good, salary, package, company etc....I am flitting between excitement, panic and for gods sake calm down he hasn't even got the job yet.

If they want him to go in January, so be it, (if possible LMO/WP etc), it's just the thought that we would be separated for approx six months bad enough, to add to that I would have to sell everything, and do solo with the children (reminders of Gaynor's experience).

Will let you all know asap..... Thanks again for all the support and comments it really does helpto know we are not alone.

Charlie

Last edited by purple80; Nov 12th 2007 at 4:26 pm. Reason: adding bits....
Old Nov 12th 2007, 4:25 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Good luck for thursday

Hey if you are here and hubby has to go, then we on expats will keep you company, not the same, but we are always here

6mth is not long, think of the meeting again after 6mths

Gill
Old Nov 12th 2007, 4:33 pm

Thank you all....

Hi Novaboy. hows it going?????

Looks like OH interview is going to on Thursday evening :curse:, by which time I will have exploded in anticipation and nerves. Anyone would think it was me being interviewed! I hate waiting, I am on tenderhooks, Chris appears to be coping ok.....Although the email he had off one of the guys who will be interviewing him it was very curt, which we both commented on.....

We have had a long chat about the whole thing, and have decided that although it was not exactly the area we had intended on, the rest of it is too good, salary, package, company etc....I am flitting between excitement, panic and for gods sake calm down he hasn't even got the job yet.

If they want him to go in January, so be it, (if possible LMO/WP etc), it's just the thought that we would be separated for approx six months bad enough, to add to that I would have to sell everything, and do solo with the children (reminders of Gaynor's experience).

Will let you all know asap..... Thanks again for all the support and comments it really does helpto know we are not alone.

Charlie
Yeah good luck for thursday...my tip...tell him to speak slowly and not to worry about silent pauses in between when they are thinking about what he said. My OH did a few telephone interviews and he said that bit was really nervewrecking and you were tempted to say "Are you still there"

IF his LMO takes as long as ours, nearly 14 weeks and then WP about 6 weeks and two to three weeks to organised flights then that cuts out about 51/2 months from the six months
Old Nov 13th 2007, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Alvic
Yeah good luck for thursday...my tip...tell him to speak slowly and not to worry about silent pauses in between when they are thinking about what he said. My OH did a few telephone interviews and he said that bit was really nervewrecking and you were tempted to say "Are you still there"

IF his LMO takes as long as ours, nearly 14 weeks and then WP about 6 weeks and two to three weeks to organised flights then that cuts out about 51/2 months from the six months

Thanks for the advice Alison!
Just to let you all know, interview is set for Friday at 8pm......:curse:

Charlie
Old Nov 13th 2007, 7:00 pm

Thanks for the advice Alison!
Just to let you all know, interview is set for Friday at 8pm......:curse:

Charlie
Ooooh how nerve wrecking you have to wait a day longer...hate that:curse:
Old Nov 14th 2007, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Andthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant future

Hi Guys,
OH and I are just enjoying our first beer in Canada, we're here with our 3 children on our first recce trip. It has been quite eventful..... we were due to leave home yesterday morning for Manchester airport at 11am, but from the moment we woke it all started to go wrong....

I was woken at 7am with those immortal words, 'mum, Beccy's being sick'.............:curse:

Quick trip to the doctor's who said fly anyway, just a bug, but he also said airline might stop you.

Just about to leave when it happens again, but this time it's 'mum, Jack's being sick'...........:curse:

After much debate we decided to go for it, plan B if they refused us was for OH to fly on ahead with the non puker, me to return with the 2 pukers and to follow them out as soon as possible, his idea, not mine.....:curse:

Drove to airport, checked in ok, made it through security with Beccy looking like she was going to pass out, and then had to run for the plane!

What a day, we were very glad to get to Canada.....

First day,

We all love it, we have been to Tim Horton's (had the timbits), driven to Barrie, Wasaga Beach, and been to Walmart and a local market....

We want to live here..................OH now really has to get a job!

Charlie
Ya know, I'm on my second trip to Toronto this year, and I still haven't been to Tim Hortons! What's that all about?!
Old Nov 15th 2007, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Andthen
Ya know, I'm on my second trip to Toronto this year, and I still haven't been to Tim Hortons! What's that all about?!
You'll have to go to find out, kind of a love or hate thing.

Charlie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.