Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Oh My God!!!!!!!

Oh My God!!!!!!!

Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:06 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Oh My God!!!!!!!

Hi Guys,
OH and I are just enjoying our first beer in Canada, we're here with our 3 children on our first recce trip. It has been quite eventful..... we were due to leave home yesterday morning for Manchester airport at 11am, but from the moment we woke it all started to go wrong....

I was woken at 7am with those immortal words, 'mum, Beccy's being sick'.............:curse:

Quick trip to the doctor's who said fly anyway, just a bug, but he also said airline might stop you.

Just about to leave when it happens again, but this time it's 'mum, Jack's being sick'...........:curse:

After much debate we decided to go for it, plan B if they refused us was for OH to fly on ahead with the non puker, me to return with the 2 pukers and to follow them out as soon as possible, his idea, not mine.....:curse:

Drove to airport, checked in ok, made it through security with Beccy looking like she was going to pass out, and then had to run for the plane!

What a day, we were very glad to get to Canada.....

First day,

We all love it, we have been to Tim Horton's (had the timbits), driven to Barrie, Wasaga Beach, and been to Walmart and a local market....

We want to live here..................OH now really has to get a job!

Charlie
Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:11 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh My God!!!!!!!

It was wise of you to get the Timbits. They were bound to solve any health problems that your family might have been experiencing.

Glad you feel happy. Hope you turn your move into reality soon.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by purple80
Hi Guys,
OH and I are just enjoying our first beer in Canada, we're here with our 3 children on our first recce trip. It has been quite eventful..... we were due to leave home yesterday morning for Manchester airport at 11am, but from the moment we woke it all started to go wrong....

I was woken at 7am with those immortal words, 'mum, Beccy's being sick'.............:curse:

Quick trip to the doctor's who said fly anyway, just a bug, but he also said airline might stop you.

Just about to leave when it happens again, but this time it's 'mum, Jack's being sick'...........:curse:

After much debate we decided to go for it, plan B if they refused us was for OH to fly on ahead with the non puker, me to return with the 2 pukers and to follow them out as soon as possible, his idea, not mine.....:curse:

Drove to airport, checked in ok, made it through security with Beccy looking like she was going to pass out, and then had to run for the plane!

First day,

We all love it, we have been to Tim Horton's (had the timbits), driven to Barrie, Wasaga Beach, and been to Walmart and a local market....

Charlie
You won't want to leave....
Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:27 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
It was wise of you to get the Timbits. They were bound to solve any health problems that your family might have been experiencing.

To requote dbd33, "One strives not to emote", but,
Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:31 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

glad you got here in one piece enjoy
Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary

Gotta love Tim Hortons
Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Charlie, it's a great place and we are loving it here after our first week. Enjoy your recce and good luck with the job hunting, and get back soon!

Rob
Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:36 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob4BC
Charlie, it's a great place and we are loving it here after our first week. Enjoy your recce and good luck with the job hunting, and get back soon!

Rob
Hi Rob, long time no speak, glad to see you're enjoying yourselves.

whispers ......... I don't like Tim Hortons, well I do but only the French Vanilla
Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Hi Rob, long time no speak, glad to see you're enjoying yourselves.

whispers ......... I don't like Tim Hortons, well I do but only the French Vanilla
Hey Lorna
Ooh yes, french vanilla, and my all time weakness - Maple Pecans!
All going well for us so far, great adventure.
How are you settling?
Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:52 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Rob
Many thanks to all, and just to add we also saw our first chipmonk, did I spell that right?

Charlie, goint to bed, love the jet lag
Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:57 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Hey Lorna
Ooh yes, french vanilla, and my all time weakness - Maple Pecans!
All going well for us so far, great adventure.
How are you settling?
Good so far, don't know whether I'll stay in Regina Beach but it's early days yet. Glad your enjoying it.

Sorry Charlie to hijack your thread can't wait to read of your adventures.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:40 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks to all, and just to add we also saw our first chipmonk, did I spell that right?

Charlie, goint to bed, love the jet lag
No. But whatever.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
No. But whatever.
Chipmonk is an evolutionary variation of the chipmunk in that it believes in creationism and an afterlife. It certainly doesn't believe it came from monkeys. Chipmunks are naturally disposed to evolution, the chipmonk is too thick to realise it is a product of it.

Last edited by steve666; Oct 24th 2007 at 3:58 am. Reason: spelt chip monk wrong
Old Oct 24th 2007, 4:26 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve666
Chipmonk is an evolutionary variation of the chipmunk in that it believes in creationism and an afterlife. It certainly doesn't believe it came from monkeys. Chipmunks are naturally disposed to evolution, the chipmonk is too thick to realise it is a product of it.
...and here I thought it was the guy in the monastery in charge of the deep fryers.

You learn something every day.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:39 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

First day,

Charlie
What an eventful start to your reccie

Have a great time Charlie and I really hope your OH gets a job real quick

Alison

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.