British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Oh My God!!!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/oh-my-god-489175/)

purple80 Oct 24th 2007 2:06 am

Oh My God!!!!!!!

Hi Guys,
OH and I are just enjoying our first beer in Canada, we're here with our 3 children on our first recce trip. It has been quite eventful..... we were due to leave home yesterday morning for Manchester airport at 11am, but from the moment we woke it all started to go wrong....

I was woken at 7am with those immortal words, 'mum, Beccy's being sick'.............:curse:

Quick trip to the doctor's who said fly anyway, just a bug, but he also said airline might stop you. :eek:

Just about to leave when it happens again, but this time it's 'mum, Jack's being sick'...........:curse:

After much debate we decided to go for it, plan B if they refused us was for OH to fly on ahead with the non puker, me to return with the 2 pukers and to follow them out as soon as possible, his idea, not mine.....:curse:

Drove to airport, checked in ok, made it through security with Beccy looking like she was going to pass out, and then had to run for the plane!

What a day, we were very glad to get to Canada.....

First day,

We all love it, we have been to Tim Horton's (had the timbits), driven to Barrie, Wasaga Beach, and been to Walmart and a local market....

We want to live here..................OH now really has to get a job!

:wub:Charlie:wub:

Judy in Calgary Oct 24th 2007 2:11 am

Re: Oh My God!!!!!!!

It was wise of you to get the Timbits. They were bound to solve any health problems that your family might have been experiencing. :D

Glad you feel happy. Hope you turn your move into reality soon. :)

steve666 Oct 24th 2007 2:25 am

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 5460083)
Hi Guys,
OH and I are just enjoying our first beer in Canada, we're here with our 3 children on our first recce trip. It has been quite eventful..... we were due to leave home yesterday morning for Manchester airport at 11am, but from the moment we woke it all started to go wrong....

I was woken at 7am with those immortal words, 'mum, Beccy's being sick'.............:curse:

Quick trip to the doctor's who said fly anyway, just a bug, but he also said airline might stop you. :eek:

Just about to leave when it happens again, but this time it's 'mum, Jack's being sick'...........:curse:

After much debate we decided to go for it, plan B if they refused us was for OH to fly on ahead with the non puker, me to return with the 2 pukers and to follow them out as soon as possible, his idea, not mine.....:curse:

Drove to airport, checked in ok, made it through security with Beccy looking like she was going to pass out, and then had to run for the plane!

First day,

We all love it, we have been to Tim Horton's (had the timbits), driven to Barrie, Wasaga Beach, and been to Walmart and a local market....

You won't want to leave....

Novocastrian Oct 24th 2007 2:27 am

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary (Post 5460090)
It was wise of you to get the Timbits. They were bound to solve any health problems that your family might have been experiencing. :D

To requote dbd33, "One strives not to emote", but, :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Lorna_D Oct 24th 2007 2:31 am

glad you got here in one piece enjoy:thumbsup:

Rob4BC Oct 24th 2007 2:31 am

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary (Post 5460090)

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Gotta love Tim Hortons

Rob4BC Oct 24th 2007 2:34 am

Charlie, it's a great place and we are loving it here after our first week.:thumbsup: Enjoy your recce and good luck with the job hunting, and get back soon!;)

Rob

Lorna_D Oct 24th 2007 2:36 am

Originally Posted by Rob4BC (Post 5460110)
Charlie, it's a great place and we are loving it here after our first week.:thumbsup: Enjoy your recce and good luck with the job hunting, and get back soon!;)

Rob

Hi Rob, long time no speak, glad to see you're enjoying yourselves.

whispers ......... I don't like Tim Hortons, well I do but only the French Vanilla:eek:

Rob4BC Oct 24th 2007 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Lorna_D (Post 5460114)
Hi Rob, long time no speak, glad to see you're enjoying yourselves.

whispers ......... I don't like Tim Hortons, well I do but only the French Vanilla:eek:

Hey Lorna
Ooh yes, french vanilla, and my all time weakness - Maple Pecans!:wub:
All going well for us so far, great adventure.:thumbup:
How are you settling?

purple80 Oct 24th 2007 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Rob4BC (Post 5460110)

Rob

Many thanks to all, and just to add we also saw our first chipmonk, did I spell that right?:confused:

:wub:Charlie, goint to bed, love the jet lag:wub:

Lorna_D Oct 24th 2007 2:57 am

Originally Posted by Rob4BC (Post 5460140)
Hey Lorna
Ooh yes, french vanilla, and my all time weakness - Maple Pecans!:wub:
All going well for us so far, great adventure.:thumbup:
How are you settling?

Good so far, don't know whether I'll stay in Regina Beach but it's early days yet. Glad your enjoying it.

Sorry Charlie to hijack your thread can't wait to read of your adventures.:thumbup:

Novocastrian Oct 24th 2007 3:40 am

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 5460147)
Many thanks to all, and just to add we also saw our first chipmonk, did I spell that right?:confused:

:wub:Charlie, goint to bed, love the jet lag:wub:

No. But whatever.

steve666 Oct 24th 2007 3:49 am

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 5460221)
No. But whatever.

Chipmonk is an evolutionary variation of the chipmunk in that it believes in creationism and an afterlife. It certainly doesn't believe it came from monkeys. Chipmunks are naturally disposed to evolution, the chipmonk is too thick to realise it is a product of it.

Steve_P Oct 24th 2007 4:26 am

Originally Posted by steve666 (Post 5460239)
Chipmonk is an evolutionary variation of the chipmunk in that it believes in creationism and an afterlife. It certainly doesn't believe it came from monkeys. Chipmunks are naturally disposed to evolution, the chipmonk is too thick to realise it is a product of it.

...and here I thought it was the guy in the monastery in charge of the deep fryers.

You learn something every day. :p

Member123 Oct 24th 2007 7:39 am

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 5460083)
Hi Guys,

First day,

What an eventful start to your reccie:eek:

Have a great time Charlie and I really hope your OH gets a job real quick:thumbup:

Alison