Are you a snob??

Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you a snob??

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
unless of course you have that private school sticker on the back of your lexus..
Why do people do that with the school stickers in their cars? I see it round here all the time and it's become a pet hate of mine (synonymous with badly driven four wheel drives I'm afraid ).
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rabsody
Why do people do that with the school stickers in their cars? I see it round here all the time and it's become a pet hate of mine (synonymous with badly driven four wheel drives I'm afraid ).
Just like me with bare feet!!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:35 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

I saw one today,which reminded me of this thread...Iona college
(wherever that is)..funnily enough on some crappy Hyundai...

Oh hang on....I'm being a snob!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I like it. I think that it engenders a team spirit.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Funny how you don't see people whose kids go to State School with them on their cars though IMHO I think it's more about status than team spirit (and I'm thinking of sending mine private, so I've nothing against private).
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
I saw one today,which reminded me of this thread...Iona college
(wherever that is)..funnily enough on some crappy Hyundai...

Oh hang on....I'm being a snob!
They've probably increased the value of their car by at least a couple of grand
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Funny how you don't see people whose kids go to State School with them on their cars though IMHO I think it's more about status than team spirit (and I'm thinking of sending mine private, so I've nothing against private).
Now that comment makes you sound like a snob!!!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think people realise the hurt they cause when they 'advise' people of where and where not to live. There was one poster who advised on here that the actual estate that I live in is a no go area in Port Kennedy, from where she got that little gem from I don't know as she lives in a neighbouring area (there is only the odd murder ffs)

I didn't reply to the post because I don't feel I should have to justify the area we have chosen to live.

I think people try and justify their chosen area by implying other surrounding areas are not 'nice' to reinforce to themselves that they have made the right decision but should get down from their high horse and realise that these so called 'bad' areas are home to alot of people who happen to be very happy living there.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by justsarah
Now that comment makes you sound like a snob!!!
I already admitted earlier in this thread that I am
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:45 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
It lets your neighbours know you can afford to send little johnny to private school...saves them needing to remind you...
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:48 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting, of peoples self awareness.......but won't get into my psychology mode....

I for one, am not judgemental of people.....yes I believe that as human's we all make a gut instinct judgement of someone, within the first few seconds of meeting them, however I believe that my awareness has given me the opportunity to accept that what you see, is not always what you get!

and there endeth the lesson for today.....Ems x
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by justsarah
do you disagree though? do you think showing all and sundry that your kid goes private by displaying a sticker in your car is about anything other than showing off? as i say i've nothing against private schools, but for some reason that irks me (which probably says more about me than the people who brandish the stickers but there you go).
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

It's because they can't get their hands-on or affix their latest payslip
Old Apr 5th 2008, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tictac
It's because they can't get their hands-on or affix their latest payslip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.