Are you a snob??

Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:43 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Are you a snob??

Well are you?? Do you consider yourself a snob, would you look down on someone who lived in state housing or who drove an old banger?? The reason Im asking is that I think there is a lot of snobbery especially amongst some POMs if you live in the "wrong" suburb or your kid doesn`t go to the right school or even if (like me) you don`t drive a car. Some seem to forget what they came from in the UK - don`t get me wrong , I have nothing against people wanting to move forwards in life, or who are trying to do the best for their kids. It`s the one`s who give pitying looks and the bitchy little comments such as "Oh well never mind - Im sure it`ll be ok there" or "That`s terribly brave of you" No it`s freaking not!!! It`s where I like living and where my daughter goes to school end of discussion...... so why do I find myself making excuses and explaining my decisions???
I come from a council house background, my parents worked bloody hard (my dad was a fireman) to bring me up properly and we have done the same for our own kid. When me & hubby bought our first house we had a family who lived over the road - the house was minging, the mother used to wipe the youngests snotty nose on her own Tshirt but they were the nicest people I`ve ever met - nothing was too much trouble and they`d go out of their way to help. I refuse to get into a keeping up with the Jones`s scenario, has anyone else come across this or is it just me - maybe the problem is me and I have a chip on my shoulder, oh well rant over, as you were......
Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:48 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you a snob??

Whoaaaa

Youve opened a whole can of bloody worms there, a lot of which we speak about with fellow friends, aussies and poms.

I have even stated on here in the past, there are a proportion of poms, who are here and think they are gods bloody gift, and kind of instigate some class distinction and one upmanship ...

However, some Aussies are very aloof, and can be quite snobby.

I dont give a rats arse who has what does what and with whom, if i like em, thats good enuff for me.

Well apart from Geordies, or Mackems Scousers YamYams and Brummies, oh and scottish and taffs...oops and cockneys savvanas lol
Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au

I dont give a rats arse who has what does what and with whom, if i like em, thats good enuff for me.
Yup, sums me up too.

Although I'll be anyones friend if they give me alcohol
Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:54 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Yup, sums me up too.

Although I'll be anyones friend if they give me alcohol its your round steve, im thirsty
You are so OBVIOUS ya tart ! lololololol

couldnt resist
Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

You are so OBVIOUS ya tart ! lololololol

couldnt resist

I can't believe you did that.

No, actually I can
Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:56 pm
Banned

I can't believe you did that.

No, actually I can

Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Whoaaaa

Youve opened a whole can of bloody worms there, a lot of which we speak about with fellow friends, aussies and poms.

I have even stated on here in the past, there are a proportion of poms, who are here and think they are gods bloody gift, and kind of instigate some class distinction and one upmanship ...

However, some Aussies are very aloof, and can be quite snobby.

Well apart from Geordies, or Mackems Scousers YamYams and Brummies, oh and scottish and taffs...oops and cockneys savvanas lol

Personally I take people as they come but I hate braggers too!! Ive got this, Ive bought this, I only wear these clothes, state school... oh and I paid this for my pool & its THIS BIG!!! Yawn Yawn Yawn!!! I tend to switch off and try to keep my distance!!

However this is quite the culture in the UK so maybe a few of the brits just havent got into the aussie way yet and some will take longer than others!!

I havent met many aussies but they dont seem quite as materialistic as some brits can be ( and I mean the ones I know who arent here too! my expat mates are sound!!)
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:02 am
Banned

Originally Posted by justsarah

Personally I take people as they come but I hate braggers too!!

i AGREE.

I was in my lexus twin turbo the other day, parked next to my cascading waterfall pool, wet edge from Majestic Pools, overlooking my 30,000 acres, stood in my versace suit, pringle jumper beer belly and raybans, and thought... im now normal.

LMAO
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

im now normal.

LMAO

The day that happens, is the day I become normal - and that's never gonna happen
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:06 am
Banned

The day that happens, is the day I become normal - and that's never gonna happen
hahahahhaha its good here INNIT !
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

i AGREE.

I was in my lexus twin turbo the other day, parked next to my cascading waterfall pool, wet edge from Majestic Pools, overlooking my 30,000 acres, stood in my versace suit, pringle jumper beer belly and raybans, and thought... im now normal.

LMAO
IT WAS YOU!!!

I was next door in the Prada!!!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Sorry the helicopter blew your palm trees!!!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold

Just remember that a public school in UK is a private school in Australia. I think you can already detect a difference between a Western Suburbs' accent and an Eastern Suburbs' accent. If not, give it a couple more generations.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saveme
Just remember that a public school in UK is a private school in Australia. I think you can already detect a difference between a Western Suburbs' accent and an Eastern Suburbs' accent. If not, give it a couple more generations.
Western and Eastern suburbs of where?
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:16 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Met an expat a while ago who said they had problems adapting and making friends.
Every other sentence was running the place down.
"I can't believe they do this, I can't believe they do that. Can't get this, can't get that".....full of it.
It got wearing so I eventually suggested that maybe Aus wasn't the place for them.
"Oh no, we love it here" they said

I mix with anyone and treat them as equals.
I particularly like speaking to so called high flyers.
I don't look up to them and speak to them as if they were just another bloke from down the road. It's probably the reason I didn't get on as well as I might have in a work sense.....too outspoken.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.