Are you a snob??

Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:22 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you a snob??

I often look down on people from my 10 year old Daewoo Nubira

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
who drove an old banger??
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:29 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

In my job i see the rich and the poor and trust me when their kid is sick it dont matter how much or how little they got,they are well and truely in the same boat and treated that way.Except of course the private arab patients whom the consultants and dr's will lick the parents arse's to please them,well not Bernieboy.The kid first and always,**** the rest and dont dare offer me a rolex for my time Pheeew i feel sooooo much better for that cheers
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:36 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
i AGREE.

I was in my lexus twin turbo the other day, parked next to my cascading waterfall pool, wet edge from Majestic Pools, overlooking my 30,000 acres, stood in my versace suit, pringle jumper beer belly and raybans, and thought... im now normal.

LMAO
Yep I think that`s what it is the bragging!!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:38 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Bix;6161112]Met an expat a while ago who said they had problems adapting and making friends.
Every other sentence was running the place down.
"I can't believe they do this, I can't believe they do that. Can't get this, can't get that".....full of it.
It got wearing so I eventually suggested that maybe Aus wasn't the place for them.
"Oh no, we love it here" they said

!!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:39 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I think I am a snob actually in some things. Not particularly material things but I do get judgemental about people from time to time. I believe that everyone does it to some degree or another.

If you think you don't, well done you managed to overcome the basic human DNA instinct. Maybe you'll be do kind as to share the secret with humanity.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:44 am
Im a woomaaan

The thing is I know you get reverse snobbery too - where people refuse to have anything to do with someone just because they come from a "posh" area, or speak with a mouth full of marbles (as my dear old mum used to say), rather than giving folk a fair go.
I know some people are really honest about their snobbery and fair play to them - in some it can be quite a funny/endearing thing- I had a boss who owned a real Rolex - it didn`t actually work mind you but that didn`t stop him wearing it
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:48 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
I think I am a snob actually in some things. Not particularly material things but I do get judgemental about people from time to time. I believe that everyone does it to some degree or another.

If you think you don't, well done you managed to overcome the basic human DNA instinct. Maybe you'll be do kind as to share the secret with humanity.
Know what you mean but not sure that's necessarily snobbery.

Judgemental is up, down and sideways and borne from personal opinion and prejudice.

Snobbery is always downward and from a Jonses breeding basis.

Does that make sense ?
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:49 am
Im a woomaaan

Originally Posted by Centurion

Yep fair point - I guess we do all judge to some extent and really the ones who make rude comments aren`t worth knowing anyway, actually thinking about it- it doesn`t matter because they probably wouldn`t want anything to do with me any way because Im from a lower socio economic class!!.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:50 am
Im a woomaaan

Originally Posted by Bix
Know what you mean but not sure that's necessarily snobbery.

Judgemental is up, down and sideways and borne from personal opinion and prejudice.

Snobbery is always downward and from a Jonses breeding basis.

Does that make sense ?
Oooh Bixy - that was very deep!!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:52 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh Bixy - that was very deep!!

Confucius say "Never test the depth of the water with both feet"
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:55 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix

Confucius say "Never test the depth of the water with both feet"
Who did he say that to,heather mills ???
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:56 am
Im a woomaaan

Originally Posted by Wendy
Yup, sums me up too.

Although I'll be anyones friend if they give me alcohol
What about meths???
Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:57 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, sums me up too.

Although I'll be anyones .......if they give me alcohol
You tart
Old Apr 5th 2008, 1:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

What about meths???
In moderation

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
You tart
Hey, my 'special' friend hows you?
Old Apr 5th 2008, 1:03 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, my 'special' friend hows you?

Special or Special ! PLEASE DEFINE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.