Are you a snob??

Old Apr 5th 2008, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Are you a snob??

Originally Posted by rabsody
do you disagree though? do you think showing all and sundry that your kid goes private by displaying a sticker in your car is about anything other than showing off? as i say i've nothing against private schools, but for some reason that irks me (which probably says more about me than the people who brandish the stickers but there you go).
I agree with you... They are braggers and I hate braggers!! I have seen some cars with state school stickers though so what would that make them?
Old Apr 5th 2008, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justsarah
I have seen some cars with state school stickers though so what would that make them?
Cool
Old Apr 5th 2008, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen some cars with state school stickers
Me too
Old Apr 5th 2008, 8:11 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen the state school stickers too....
on the kids backpacks as they walk to school..
Old Apr 5th 2008, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

most of the stickers I've seen are put there by proud parents as their son or daughter has received an award from the particular (state) school.

forgot to add that I've not seen any that just advertise the name of a school private or public.

Last edited by Streaks; Apr 5th 2008 at 8:15 pm. Reason: oops forgot something
Old Apr 5th 2008, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

mancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to all

I wouldn't say I was a snob, just that I have certain standards.

I'm the eldest of 5 kids, and grew up on a council estate. We didn't have much, and my Dad worked all hours God sent driving a taxi.
However, we had a good childhood and were a happy family.

Saying this, as a kid I would spend hours pouring over an Argos catalogue ticking off all the items I wanted for my home when I was all grown up

I would go to friends houses whom had money, and had lovely homes and were spotlessly clean. I'm ashamed to say that as a child I wouldn't let my friends into the kitchen at my house as I was embarrassed that we didn't have a fancy fitted kitchen....I'm very ashmed of this now, but as a child you are ignorant.

I'm filling up with tears as I type this as I can picture my childhood quite clearly now.....how I would love to go back and be a kid again!

We've worked really hard to make a nice home......it's took 10 years of hard graft and now we're about to sell it to do it all again down under!

I certainly don't judge people by their appearance, their homes, or how much money they have.
In fact I have a lady working for me that is a single parent, doesn't have much but she is the most loveliest person, and has a heart of gold.

What I would say is that it costs nothing to be clean, and to teach your children basic manners and to be respectful.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 8:17 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam
BUt i have had the CANUCKS who have turned up at my house, took themselves off for a look around (without invite)
Oh my God! That's exactly what I did the first time I visited you. Have to say.....they are not on my invite list now!
Is that why? I thought it was because I cleaned out the wine rack last visit.
but on the other hand

I have also met some that are like me and dont give a toss what you've got, we get together because we enjoy the company and have a laugh
Me too. We love getting together with you guys because you're, as I tell everyone, just people. You don't care what we do or don't have or where we're from.
Funny how you don't see people whose kids go to State School with them on their cars though IMHO I think it's more about status than team spirit (and I'm thinking of sending mine private, so I've nothing against private).
Actually, I see state school stickers on lots of cars around here.

Sorry, PP, I forgot to multiquote you, but you and Mr PP are lovely people too. I had a really nice afternoon chatting with you guys. You, like the other Sam are just down to earth nice people.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 8:18 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Well Said`!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mancfamily
I wouldn't say I was a snob, just that I have certain standards.

I'm the eldest of 5 kids, and grew up on a council estate. We didn't have much, and my Dad worked all hours God sent driving a taxi.
However, we had a good childhood and were a happy family.

Saying this, as a kid I would spend hours pouring over an Argos catalogue ticking off all the items I wanted for my home when I was all grown up

I would go to friends houses whom had money, and had lovely homes and were spotlessly clean. I'm ashamed to say that as a child I wouldn't let my friends into the kitchen at my house as I was embarrassed that we didn't have a fancy fitted kitchen....I'm very ashmed of this now, but as a child you are ignorant.

I'm filling up with tears as I type this as I can picture my childhood quite clearly now.....how I would love to go back and be a kid again!

We've worked really hard to make a nice home......it's took 10 years of hard graft and now we're about to sell it to do it all again down under!

I certainly don't judge people by their appearance, their homes, or how much money they have.
In fact I have a lady working for me that is a single parent, doesn't have much but she is the most loveliest person, and has a heart of gold.

What I would say is that it costs nothing to be clean, and to teach your children basic manners and to be respectful.

Here Here!! I was brought up in a pre fab council house , father was a miner mother worked in the co-op. Me and my OH have worked our butts off to get to where we are now too but I dont think of myself as any better (or worse) than the girls who work in my factory or the guy who drove past me in his brand new Ferrari today ( I wish I was his wife but thats something else!!!)
I hate it when people assume just because you drive a nice car, wear expensive clothes & sunnies, or send your kids to private school you must be a snob.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Well I am surprised but I stand corrected about the state school stickers I seriously never see them in my neighbourhood though. Honest!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well I am surprised but I stand corrected about the state school stickers I seriously never see them in my neighbourhood though. Honest!
You must live in the posh places!!!

Maybe your housemaids or butlers have them in their cars!!!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

You must live in the posh places!!!

Maybe your housemaids or butlers have them in their cars!!!
Yes, come to think of it they do!

Whereabouts in Wales are you from JS? I was born in Aberystwyth and spent my first 6 years in Llangeitho (tiny village near Tregaron).
Old Apr 5th 2008, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes, come to think of it they do!

Whereabouts in Wales are you from JS? I was born in Aberystwyth and spent my first 6 years in Llangeitho (tiny village near Tregaron).
Down South!! Fleur de lys.... approx 18 miles from Cardiff.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:01 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather see a school sticker than a flaming, annoying, irritating, gets right up my nose sticker saying 'baby on board' Agggggghhhhhhhhhhhh:curse: Who gives a flying f*c* :curse: Oh hey, I drive like a lunatic and love piling into the back of people, but hey, what's this? a sticker saying there's a child on board? oh lummy, I'll slow down then and stay well away. WTF do people put them on their cars for aggggghhhhhhhhhh

Deep breath, count to 10, all good,.......................and r e l a x
Old Apr 5th 2008, 9:11 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

So that, should there be a pile up, the emergency services know to look for a baby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.