Are you a snob??

Old Apr 5th 2008, 10:58 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Are you a snob??

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
It was a lovely afternoon though, just sitting watching the street entertainers.

We went round the market as well which is literally on our doorstep. I really must get out of the habit of drinking beer when Im thirsty, there is nothing like it but my God will I clap on weight if I carry on doing what I am doing.
I was there last Sunday watching the street entertainers. They were good too
I was hoping to see Sam about
Old Apr 5th 2008, 11:14 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I was there last Sunday watching the street entertainers. They were good too
I was hoping to see Sam about
We are about to go for a walk, its very stuffy tonight so we are going to have a look down town.

Ive got to be up early tomorrow, going to collect Gordon from Byford!
Old Apr 5th 2008, 11:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
So that, should there be a pile up, the emergency services know to look for a baby.
But how often are those stickers in the cars when there is no child on board. Numpty parents don't take the stickers out with the child.

Could cause a life threatening situation for the emergency services if they waste time looking for a bub who's at home having a nap.

They make my blood boil and I really couldn't give a monkey's about most stuff around me if it doesn't impact on my life.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 11:22 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, good point. Too much effort I guess.

(And good word - numpty. Love it.)
Old Apr 5th 2008, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
do you disagree though? do you think showing all and sundry that your kid goes private by displaying a sticker in your car is about anything other than showing off? as i say i've nothing against private schools, but for some reason that irks me (which probably says more about me than the people who brandish the stickers but there you go).
Actually, I see it as healthy school rivalry. MLC vs St Whoever etc
Old Apr 6th 2008, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam
omg omg omg

Just have to add

whilst talking about the personal number plates

guess what i saw on the Mitchell Freeway on the way up to meet Dorothy the other week

a personal plate reading........

god i hope Renth sees this

are you ready for it

Illuka!!!!!!!!!

And that is the truth!!!

Old Apr 6th 2008, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tawkins1
If a public school in the UK is like a private one in Oz, Whats a state school like?
What really is the differenece between a state & public school in terms of education?
I'm a down to earth girl who is def not a snob! Just wanted to know the difference. Ta x

'Public schools' are what we in the UK call the likes of Eton and Harrow i.e. (very high) fee paying private schools. In the rest of the world they 'call a spade a spade.'
Old Apr 6th 2008, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saveme
'Public schools' are what we in the UK call the likes of Eton and Harrow i.e. (very high) fee paying private schools. In the rest of the world they 'call a spade a spade.'
Talking of snobs, my brother worked at Eton about 10 years ago. He said the parents/kids who were upper class were actually really nice and down to earth and treated him as an equal (he worked in one of the "houses" for boarders). They didn't give a toss about money. The awful snobs who treated him like rubbish were the ones who had scrimped and saved to get their kids there and were trying to keep up with the jones. Thought it was an interesting observation.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 12:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tawkins1
If a public school in the UK is like a private one in Oz, Whats a state school like?
What really is the differenece between a state & public school in terms of education?
I'm a down to earth girl who is def not a snob! Just wanted to know the difference. Ta x
To confuse you even more...

The original private schools in Oz were public schools. So there were public schools and state (government) schools.

I started high school in Vic over 20 years ago. Even at that time, there were Public schools, private schools and government schools. However, by this time most people had been referring to Public schools and private schools as being the same thing ie Private. (My mum was keen to ensure that I knew the difference - she was a Public school girl )

An idea about public schools.... http://www.gpsqld.org.au/
Old Apr 6th 2008, 5:59 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

of course your in my list NB
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:03 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam
of course your in my list NB
If your name aint on the list you aint gettin' in!

Im turning into a pisshead and feel quite distraught that there is no beer in our fridge, only a bottle of wine.

Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Im turning into a pisshead and feel quite distraught that there is no beer in our fridge, only a bottle of wine.

Welcome to Australia PP !

BTW Im definatley not a snob ! ( I do prefer wine to beer though )

Nicky
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold

I always remember my brother telling me that, driving down to 'The Snow' from Sydney once, he saw a sign at a garage 'Swiss mechanic on duty'. OK, it was prob a P-take but I can imagine a few 'up themselves' taking it all seriously.

Funny how expressions like 'the snow' and 'the bush' take hold too.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Welcome to Australia PP !

BTW Im definatley not a snob ! ( I do prefer wine to beer though )

Nicky
The beer crisis is over, Mr PP has discovered a cheap bottle shop and has re-stocked the fridge.

Although I will admit to sipping on a cheeky glass of chilled white wine whilst watching Neighbours.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

The beer crisis is over, Mr PP has discovered a cheap bottle shop and has re-stocked the fridge.

Although I will admit to sipping on a cheeky glass of chilled white wine whilst watching Neighbours.

Thats exactly what i am doing now !!!

How,s Gordon has he settled yet ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.