Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Why the stress in every single thread?

Why the stress in every single thread?

Old May 31st 2009, 10:50 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why the stress in every single thread?

I think you were mentioned in a sentence containing a word beginning with ba... but not certain it was bandit, Hutch.
Old May 31st 2009, 10:51 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Gemnic
Well, as the OP, I am now unsubscribing to this thread as you have all PROVED ME RIGHT!

God help me if you lot are norm for the type of brits that are moving to Oz.....!
It reminds me of one reason I had back in 2006...

Old May 31st 2009, 10:53 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
I have however noticed that recently there are some quite nasty posters! They are sarcy, make personal digs, and just make posting on here unpleasant!!!
Because everyone is different, it's very difficult to assess.

What offends one person is not offensive to another.If anyone is offended by someone or their behavior they should report it. But then that's not necessarily representative of everyone either.
Old May 31st 2009, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter

What offends one person is not offensive to another.If anyone is offended by someone or their behavior they should report it. But then that's not necessarily representative of everyone either.

Yeah but what I am saying is that a few years ago if you posted something on here you didnt get shi**y remarks, but recently its getting bloody stupid!

I was always told if you dont have anything nice to say, then dont say anything!!
Old May 31st 2009, 11:02 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with that.
Old May 31st 2009, 11:03 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

I was always told if you dont have anything nice to say, then dont say anything!!
I would never speak !
Old May 31st 2009, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Since I joined this site I have made many friends................some that I meet up with, some cyber friends, but all very important to me!!
This site has been a wealth of knowledge to me, made me feel happy when I have been down and has helped me through some very bad times in my life.

I have however noticed that recently there are some quite nasty posters! They are sarcy, make personal digs, and just make posting on here unpleasant!!!
Sandra, I seem to notice this as well but I put it down to the way the forum goes in a roundabout way. What I mean is, certain things seem to appear quite often for a certain period of time. Questions become repetitive and I find myself going "here we go again ffs" but then I think, these dullard questions arent silly to the poster and it all depends at what stage of the journey we are at. As we know, emotions play an important part in the process and with the immigration journey, I think we cover the whole gammut going through the process.
What the hell am I doing trying to sound sensible because it ends up a huge pile of drivel.
Old May 31st 2009, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by framac67
Sandra, I seem to notice this as well but I put it down to the way the forum goes in a roundabout way. What I mean is, certain things seem to appear quite often for a certain period of time. Questions become repetitive and I find myself going "here we go again ffs" but then I think, these dullard questions arent silly to the poster and it all depends at what stage of the journey we are at. As we know, emotions play an important part in the process and with the immigration journey, I think we cover the whole gammut going through the process.
What the hell am I doing trying to sound sensible because it ends up a huge pile of drivel.

I am not reffering to the same questions being asked time and time again, that doesnt bother me.................its the personal digs I find offensive!!
Old May 31st 2009, 11:15 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

best tae shut yer trap then framac
Old May 31st 2009, 11:16 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but what I am saying is that a few years ago if you posted something on here you didnt get shi**y remarks, but recently its getting bloody stupid!!!
I don't come on here often enough to notice. I presume people are reporting each case if it's a problem & those responsible are being privately reprimanded?

Ummm difficult. This site manages all sorts of emotions and differences of opinion and people are generally passionate about their personal views. This in itself can get tetchy. It's a forum with all sorts of people, all sorts of opinions and personalities. It's going to be shitty at times.

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
I agree with that.

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I would never speak !
Me neither

Are you pished? This is far too sensible a post for you. I'm going to report it right away
Old May 31st 2009, 11:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

I am not reffering to the same questions being asked time and time again, that doesnt bother me.................its the personal digs I find offensive!!
I find that too. It must be very off putting for new posters like the OP. Us old hands can take it with a pinch of salt.
Old May 31st 2009, 11:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I don't come on here often enough to notice. I presume people are reporting each case if it's a problem & those responsible are being privately reprimanded?
To be honest, its far more common for a thread to turn into a slanging match, then other posters in the thread start whinging about "Why hasn't a Mod shut this yet", but no-one reports it. Most thread closures and reprimands (which are often private, as you say) happen after a Mod comes across it by chance.

We really wish that people would remember we all have busy lives and cannot read every thread, therefore cannot spot every case of abuse/bullying/rudeness/etc If people reported problems rather than just complain in within the thread we might manage to stamp out fights faster, thus meaning we would end up closing fewer threads

Its interesting to note that in some of the BE forums problems do get reported faster, and so are stamped out faster. In the Aus forums there seems to be more a culture of "Carry On Whinging"..........

We aren't psychc, and we all need help to keep the forum going in the right spirit, esp as my crystal ball is currently busy with a large number of posters in the Immigration forum who are only interested in foretelling dates of visa grant. So do us all a favour and report the problems when you see them
Old May 31st 2009, 11:30 am

Ummm difficult. This site manages all sorts of emotions and differences of opinion and people are generally passionate about their personal views. This in itself can get tetchy. It's a forum with all sorts of people, all sorts of opinions and personalities. It's going to be shitty at times.

Me neither

Are you pished? This is far too sensible a post for you. I'm going to report it right away
He's always pished, disnae know whit day it is half the time
Old May 31st 2009, 11:31 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
He's always pished, disnae know whit day it is half the time
Listen to Patsy there!
Old May 31st 2009, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Grayling
What's lucky about it?
Grayling WHY are you still here ??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.