Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Why the stress in every single thread?

Why the stress in every single thread?

Old May 31st 2009, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Letspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant future
Default Re: Why the stress in every single thread?

Originally Posted by emelems
There is no one else who could possibly keep the world as grounded as you Mr G! hmmm.. unless you count ... errrm... actually no.. no one else...

Em x
I feel sick
Old May 31st 2009, 12:20 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
sorry that made me laugh this morning. I don't tell people off, this is an internet forum for adults btw not a school classroom. I have had 1 interaction with you on 1 thread. Normally I steer clear of your threads and posts to be honest so that the same doesn't happen again.
Were you the bandit then?
Attached Thumbnails Why the stress in every single thread?-bandit.jpg  
Old May 31st 2009, 12:32 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Were you the bandit then?
Yes. Like the picture. She jumped on me from high because I said that immigration was the toughest thing in the world. She said that I was wrong because terminal illness was worse. Sheesh why didn't I remember the terminal illness top trumps game. Now I am some kind of bandit that jumps on all her posts! Made me smile on this boring long weekend in Perth.
Old May 31st 2009, 12:44 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzyambrose
<snip> and there's one rule for you and another for the other more established maybe 'chummy' BE members.

<snip>
No, I think you will find that the rules are the same for ALL posters. The site rules are here for you to check out if you like. As Pollyana says, if there is a particular post or poster you find offensive report it with the blue button just to the right of the karma button. Unless the posts are reported moderators can't do anything about it unless we happen to stumble across a post. And even then how are we supposed to know something has offended anyone?
Old May 31st 2009, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gemnic
Yesterday I started a thread asking a simple question about the year in which visa's are/will be allocated. This thread was then closed as someone decided to make nasty comments on it and snide answers to questions.

A previous thread I started was closed because people were being confrontational with their answers and seemingly goading people into an argument.

Other threads I read always seem to end up with someone being cocky, arrogant or making jokes at other peoples expense, be it because their English Language skills aren't as good as you or I and they make comments which maybe don't make sense or are ambiguous, or they simply don't 'like' the thing that someone has written.

I just wanted to say that this forum has been of great help to me and I hope it will continue to do so as we have only just applied to the TRA, but please can everyone just take a chill-pill and think before they press POST. Each and every person on here is in the same boat (or is lucky enough to have sailed across the seas already). We are all stressed out about our applications, and no-one shoud be made to think that their posts/threads have less worth than someone else's.

Personally, I would have liked the opertunity to THANK the people who replied to me on MY thread, but an individual ruined that for me as the thread had to be closed!!!

Please can we just think before we post?
WHO SAID AM STRESSED. NEXT ONE TO SAY THAT IS DEAD!!!!
Old May 31st 2009, 1:50 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67
WHO SAID AM STRESSED. NEXT ONE TO SAY THAT IS DEAD!!!!
How about correcting your grandma

It's "I'm stressed"

Old May 31st 2009, 2:45 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

If you think it's stressful now, just wait till December. Nothing like the run up to Xmas to get everyone stressed.

I had a look at the closed thread. I suspect the poster meant the 1 June rather than 30 June. Obviously they're no days between the 30 June and 1 July (exclusive) so I can see how it appeared to be a dumb question. In this case it certainly took 2 to tango.
Old May 31st 2009, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Why the stress in every single thread?

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
How about correcting your grandma

It's "I'm stressed"

Naw it isnae Watty. If ye wur Scottish then you'd know it wiz "am" SO STOAP STRESSING ME OOT
Old May 31st 2009, 5:03 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by northernbird
: this is an internet forum for adults btw not a school classroom.
Not quite sure about that at times...

It often resembles the activities of kids messing about in class.

Old May 31st 2009, 5:27 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Not quite sure about that at times...

It often resembles the activities of kids messing about in class.
no it doesn't
Old May 31st 2009, 6:52 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Letspretend....
I feel sick
ah, it was meant in a tongue in cheek manner, honest!
Old May 31st 2009, 7:29 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67
Naw it isnae Watty. If ye wur Scottish then you'd know it wiz "am" SO STOAP STRESSING ME OOT
An yur stressin mi oot wi speakin Scootish. I canae unnerstan a wird ovit
Old May 31st 2009, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

suzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nicesuzyambrose is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
No, I think you will find that the rules are the same for ALL posters. The site rules are here for you to check out if you like. As Pollyana says, if there is a particular post or poster you find offensive report it with the blue button just to the right of the karma button. Unless the posts are reported moderators can't do anything about it unless we happen to stumble across a post. And even then how are we supposed to know something has offended anyone?
I wasn´t referring to BE rules, I was referring to BE members who have different rules depending on who their pally with , just to clarify
Old May 31st 2009, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Letspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by emelems
ah, it was meant in a tongue in cheek manner, honest!
Thank God!!!
Old May 31st 2009, 7:54 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suzyambrose
I wasn´t referring to BE rules, I was referring to BE members who have different rules depending on who their pally with , just to clarify
And some people have different rules depending on where they're on the giving end or the receiving end. Such is life!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.