Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Why the stress in every single thread?

Why the stress in every single thread?

Old May 31st 2009, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Why the stress in every single thread?

Originally Posted by northernbird
Yes. Like the picture. She jumped on me from high because I said that immigration was the toughest thing in the world. She said that I was wrong because terminal illness was worse. Sheesh why didn't I remember the terminal illness top trumps game. Now I am some kind of bandit that jumps on all her posts! Made me smile on this boring long weekend in Perth.

With a husband just diagnosed with cancer, IT is so much harder than bloody any immigration I have ever gone through
Old May 31st 2009, 10:08 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme

With a husband just diagnosed with cancer, IT is so much harder than bloody any immigration I have ever gone through
I know that, I lost my mother to cancer. I made a throw away comment in a thread about 4 months ago saying that immigration was the hardest thing in the world. I know there are lots of things that are tougher having been through many myself. As the thread was discussing immigration and not terminal cancer I assumed that most of the readers of this forum would know what I meant. No offence was meant to anyone who has been through the severe illness and loss of a loved one.
Old May 31st 2009, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

I´ve slept since then so couldn´t really give a rats. Obviously I´m not sensible.... oh well..... I'm not getting into a shooting match with you about it.[/QUOTE]

Very smart
Old May 31st 2009, 10:16 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your husband. This is a tough call you are going through

Regarding the reference to cancer Vs migration.

I read the thread you are referring to and what we have to take into consideration is the context in which Northernbird meant her comment.

What was stated was that migration is one of the most difficult things to go through, for various emotional reasons. Someone then said in the context of someone having cancer, it wasn't.

Of course not. But at the time Northernbird was trying to explain why migration is difficult, more so than people often realise. Of course she wasn't comparing it to cancer, or children dying etc...but in the context of migrating as a whole. often people worry about the visa, then if their toaster will work, if the snakes and insects bite etc, and very little focus [in comparrison] to how it will affect them when they actually make the move and then realise it's a completely different culture, and no close friends and family, the unfamiliarity of everything that in effect takes years to build etc, etc

So in essence this is the contact in which it was meant. Sometimes the written word is difficult to interpret and there is the potential for issues to be blown out of context.

Hope your husband stays strong and things work out well. I'm sure they will
Old May 31st 2009, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

I know that, I lost my mother to cancer. I made a throw away comment in a thread about 4 months ago saying that immigration was the hardest thing in the world. I know there are lots of things that are tougher having been through many myself. As the thread was discussing immigration and not terminal cancer I assumed that most of the readers of this forum would know what I meant. No offence was meant to anyone who has been through the severe illness and loss of a loved one.

That's why throw away comments on a public forum can and often are misconstrued, as people posting have no idea of others personal circumstances and people when vulnerable do take offensive. Straw and camel springs to mind

I am not a newbie to this forum, so I do understand the politics and how things work, immigration to Oz is a difficult process, no one is denying that.
Old May 31st 2009, 10:29 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

At the end of the day everyone is going to interpret things in their own way. If people are uber sensative, they may wish to stay away from a public forum where someone somewhere is going to offend them.

Give as much as you get, stay away, engage or ignore.

That pretty much sums it up
Old May 31st 2009, 10:30 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

That's why throw away comments on a public forum can and often are misconstrued, as people posting have no idea of others personal circumstances and people when vulnerable do take offensive. Straw and camel springs to mind

I am not a newbie to this forum, so I do understand the politics and how things work, immigration to Oz is a difficult process, no one is denying that.
If we took all possible permutations into account, no one would make a post.
Did anyone really think NB meant that emigration was tougher than a terminal illness? Of course not.
Old May 31st 2009, 10:35 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you like my new avatar G, it's just for young suzy
I don't recall you asking for my copywrite permission to use my original artwork.
Old May 31st 2009, 10:36 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

To save me having to search, could someone clarify whether I was one of the bandits in question so I can join in on this thread?
Old May 31st 2009, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

That's what throw away comments do. Sometimes when you shoot from the hip others shoot back !
Old May 31st 2009, 10:40 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
To save me having to search, could someone clarify whether I was one of the bandits in question so I can join in on this thread?
You probably were, you do more stirring than the WRVS
Old May 31st 2009, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Hutch
What, with your skills in diplomacy

No chance she means you mate
Old May 31st 2009, 10:44 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I understand that and I am sorry to hear of your husbands diagnosis and wish your family all the best for the future.
Old May 31st 2009, 10:45 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
You probably were, you do more stirring than the WRVS
Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
What, with your skills in diplomacy

No chance she means you mate
Old May 31st 2009, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Since I joined this site I have made many friends................some that I meet up with, some cyber friends, but all very important to me!!
This site has been a wealth of knowledge to me, made me feel happy when I have been down and has helped me through some very bad times in my life.

I have however noticed that recently there are some quite nasty posters! They are sarcy, make personal digs, and just make posting on here unpleasant!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.