Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 15th 2007, 11:18 am
Just Joined

jenandjames is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

We have not posted on this thread before, but thought that you wold like to know that you are not the only one trying to sell up and go. Stressful time for all of us I think.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jenandjames
We have not posted on this thread before, but thought that you wold like to know that you are not the only one trying to sell up and go. Stressful time for all of us I think.
Hi Jen and James. How long has your house been on the market? Ours has been on for almost 6 months, one sale fallen through, now no interest. However we are only half way through the visa process, so we have time on our side - at the moment.

Good luck to you.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future

Welcome to our thread from your resident EA.

so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

morning all, sorry havent got a clue what everyones been up to as i dont seem to be getting mail alerts at mo ( my inbox is looking rather sad without the help of this thread) ANY NEWS??????????
solicitor rang this morning, got to pay them them more now as aparently they quoted us for the wrong price bracket anyway on the plus side shes going to make sure that draft contracts with searches go out to everyone tonight and the surveyor is coming on thursday morning, so things progressing quite nicley.

Last edited by want2bthere; Oct 15th 2007 at 11:28 am.
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
HOUSE PRICES ROSE LAST MONTH! (Although it's not all good news. )

The sharp increase takes the average property asking price to £241,642 – adding a significant £6,466 to the typical “for sale” price.
these average house prices always make me laught - you could nearly buy two of my average 3 bed semi for that price
Old Oct 15th 2007, 11:26 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to the mad house ... er ... i mean thread
Old Oct 15th 2007, 11:27 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

whinging is compulsary on here so let yourself go welcome and good luck trying to sell.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by want2bthere
morning all, sorry havent got a clue what everyones been up to as i dont seem to be getting mail alerts st mo ( my inbox is looking rather sad without the help of this thread) ANY NEWS??????????
solicitor rang this morning, got to pay them them more now as aparently they quoted us for the wrong price bracket anyway on the plus side shes going to make sure that draft contracts with searches go out to everyone tonight and the surveyor is coming on thursday morning, so things progressing quite nicley.

:curse: Cheeky blighters!:curse: the basis of a contract is a verbal agreement. You signed because they gave you a quote. If you have this quote in writing instruct your solicitor to pay the amount quoted and write a letter explaining the legal basis of contract. Don't tell the EA until after exchange though. Good luck with the survey.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 11:29 am
sneaking a peek ...

morning all, sorry havent got a clue what everyones been up to as i dont seem to be getting mail alerts st mo ( my inbox is looking rather sad without the help of this thread) ANY NEWS??????????
WT...?
if they quoted you a price make them stick to it!!
Old Oct 15th 2007, 11:30 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by Fly Away
:curse: Cheeky blighters!:curse: the basis of a contract is a verbal agreement. You signed because they gave you a quote. If you have this quote in writing instruct your solicitor to pay the amount quoted and write a letter explaining the legal basis of contract. Don't tell the EA until after exchange though. Good luck with the survey.
i absolutely agree!
Old Oct 15th 2007, 11:33 am
so far so good

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
i absolutely agree!

yep i know, trouble is the qoute clearly states its a quote for conveyancing at 195k and it should have been 295k ( or now 282 !) i didnt relise until she phoned this morning, extra £100. dont think i can do alot about it
Old Oct 15th 2007, 11:40 am
sneaking a peek ...

yep i know, trouble is the qoute clearly states its a quote for conveyancing at 195k and it should have been 295k ( or now 282 !) i didnt relise until she phoned this morning, extra £100. dont think i can do alot about it
i suppose it depends on whether it is worth arguing aover £100
whatever the error on the contract that is really their problem - but at this stage it probably isnt worth getting into an arguement with your EA over it.
If it had been a bigger amount i would have said dont pay it - but in these circumstances i think i would probably just grumble a bit and pay the fee
Old Oct 15th 2007, 11:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I still think they misled you - and this illegal. I agree £100 is nothing in comparison to the great sums we're all shelling out! It's up to you, if you feel you can't face any more stress, that's understandable. It just annoys me when people are done over! grr. :curse:
Old Oct 15th 2007, 11:47 am
sneaking a peek ...

Our EA have phoned to confirm that our buyers definitely DID sign their mortgage paperwork on Friday (only took them 3 weeks ) so we are go again. EA assured me that they are very keen (so why the 3 weeks ) and that they are already talking dates for handing in their notice on their rental.
So ... waiting for the survey to be done now which should hopefully this week

(my youngest wants me to add this smilie to my message - so that is from him to all of you!)
Old Oct 15th 2007, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Our EA have phoned to confirm that our buyers definitely DID sign their mortgage paperwork on Friday (only took them 3 weeks ) so we are go again. EA assured me that they are very keen (so why the 3 weeks ) and that they are already talking dates for handing in their notice on their rental.
So ... waiting for the survey to be done now which should hopefully this week

(my youngest wants me to add this smilie to my message - so that is from him to all of you!)
Hi Tiggs junior. Has your Mummy left the computer this morning??

Good news re the paperwork - have they got a solicitor yet? Hopefully you'll get the survey done VERY soon. Are they 1st time buyers? They sound a bit confused about things.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.