Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 14th 2007, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by want2bthere
yep just rewarded myself with a bar of that new galaxy dark chocolate............yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmy trying to burn all my pictures and videos onto dvd's got about 5 years to do i might be a while
Sounds yummy! I'm trying to get a small child to bed and she won't go. Until then I can't have any treats - cos she'll ask for them. LOL.

Good idea re the pics and videos. We bought one of those thingies which backs up your whole hard drive. Hopefully anything precious is safe!

Originally Posted by Big Sky
Haven't had a viewing for a couple of months and get a call from EA this morning asking if we would show someone round who was parked outside our house! He wanted to view there and then and wasn't prepared to come back in an hour! What a nightmare, we were all still in our pjs and I needed an hour to whiz round and tidy up!

I would never expect to view immediately and would give at least a few hours notice! EA said if he is seriously interested he will arrange to visit some other time but he hasn't as yet!

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

BS
We had someone turn up on the doorstep one day. We were just on the way out - one of the few nice days of the summer, when the door bell went. This old man said is this house for sale. I pointed to the 'For sale' sign and said yes and he just walked in!!!! Luckily my MIL was in the hall too. We asked him to come back later as the house was a mess. He insisted on looking round the house there and then - there were no beds made, dishes in the sink, crumbs on the floor, the works and then said he would comeback later with his son. So he could have come later anyway. GRRR. Anyway, he came back later with his son who said his father was always dragging him round houses. Grrr :curse: :curse: Haven't heard from him since. :curse:
Old Oct 14th 2007, 8:12 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
bloody hell, is this post still going?

I haven't sold my house, haven't had a decent offer and haven't had any communication from my ea that hasn't been dragged out of him

but heck, i'm in australia, the sea in blue and the sky is blue and I am so not blue...
Hi Eddie
Sounds like things are going well for you
Most of us are likely to be here for a while yet so dont forget to keep dropping in and reminding us why we are doing this!

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hello! Anyone home??

Small child has just asked for pizza for tea, so I think she's on the road to recovery!

Just read your recent blog Tiggs. PMSl laughing at the thought of you asking for 10 cases! We bought Antler cases when we flew to Oz in March. One of them got broken and had to be repaired!!! Still they were under guarantee - but it took a month and I had to struggle to the store with a big case. i reckon we'll be travelling with assorted elderly cases which we'll bin as soon as we get there. Otherwise, what will you do with 10 cases????? my 7 yr old quite fancies a trunkie - are they suitable for an older child to ride on? my 7 year old is in the 99th percentile for height and in age 10 clothes!!! (Tall family - all except me! I'm tall width ways)
Hi Flyaway
Glad little one is feeling better

I have no idea how we are going to store 10 cases - i did think about this when we were ordering them
We are also going to have the problem of getting all of them from the airport to our accommodation - with one hire car
But we will cross those bridges when we get to them

The trunki website says 3-6 years old - my three year old fitted on it really well. Your 7 year old will be fine weight wise as they can carry two children - but i am not sure she will fit if she is tall.

lol at the tall widthways!

Originally Posted by want2bthere
I'M HERE!! just. been really good all weekend and resisted the urge to come on here. been busy, we've cleaned out the loft and the shed ( most of which we transferred to the garage), made 2 trips to the tip and another one to do tomorrow. had my parents round yesterday and in laws round most the day today planning to have a big garage sale next weekend in the hope of getting rid of some junk and stuff that doest sell is going to the tip, no messing about. i defiently got to get some more suitcases, and i'm thinking about those ride on ones aswell for the children only £25 from debenhams.
so all in all an eventful weekend hope everyone else had a good one x
hi w2bt
I have been trying to stay off for a bit too - i have loads to do and all my time seems to dissappear when i get on here!

if you want suitcases i would recommend buying them now - debenhams have 70% off at the mo - we ended up paying £27 a suitcase - bargain!
(unfortunatley the trunkis are not in the sale )

Haven't had a viewing for a couple of months and get a call from EA this morning asking if we would show someone round who was parked outside our house! He wanted to view there and then and wasn't prepared to come back in an hour! What a nightmare, we were all still in our pjs and I needed an hour to whiz round and tidy up!

I would never expect to view immediately and would give at least a few hours notice! EA said if he is seriously interested he will arrange to visit some other time but he hasn't as yet!

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

BS
If they dont come back then they wouldnt have bought the house anyway

phew i think i am up to date again
Old Oct 14th 2007, 8:21 am
Professional Dreamer!

Big Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really niceBig Sky is just really nice

That's what I was thinking too

Found out yesterday that Raine and Horne (Oz estate agent) have just opened a branch close by, they look very flash and do lots of open house viewings like in Oz, might give them a go if current EA doesn't get us a sale soon.

BS
Old Oct 14th 2007, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Hi guys,
Well 2nd week now on market still no sign of a viewer!!!! WTF??!!!!
Can't believe how much some people are dropping their prices (£24k then a further £20 odd k) a few posts back??? Christ that is serious!! I'd probably drop £10k off asking price but seriously that would be it. Not just because I'm tight but need all the cash possible for Oz (as we all do!). I know that its good to cut losses etc and go but do remember prices in Australia arn't exactly cheap followed by less wages etc etc. Not being all doom and gloom. Btw found our old house in Clarkson WA up for sale here http://www.pronorthshore.ca.com.au/c...rtyid=1649287- we sold up in 2001!!! Thats my kitchen reno (when I didn't know what I was doing!!) and my hand made spice rack on the wall!!!!!! Still kick myself for selling house and not renting it out - we bought in 98 for $95,000 our first house!!!!
Dan
Old Oct 14th 2007, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Hi guys,
Can't believe how much some people are dropping their prices (£24k then a further £20 odd k) a few posts back??? Christ that is serious!! I'd probably drop £10k off asking price but seriously that would be it. Not just because I'm tight but need all the cash possible for Oz (as we all do!). I know that its good to cut losses etc and go but do remember prices in Australia arn't exactly cheap followed by less wages etc etc. Not being all doom and gloom. Btw found our old house in Clarkson WA up for sale here http://www.pronorthshore.ca.com.au/c...rtyid=1649287- we sold up in 2001!!! Thats my kitchen reno (when I didn't know what I was doing!!) and my hand made spice rack on the wall!!!!!! Still kick myself for selling house and not renting it out - we bought in 98 for $95,000 our first house!!!!
Dan
Lovely house - they didn't have the current price - just 'sold'. Can you bring yourself to tell us??

Bloomin awful house market at the moment. the trouble is, the forcast for spring is no better. That's why people are cutting prices and getting rid now.

We haven't had a viewing for 2 weeks either.

Well, have to go to bed. Managed to keep off BE for 3 hours tonight - not bad going! Night all, see you in the morning.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 6:39 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all
Another week - another batch of viewers!

That's what I was thinking too

Found out yesterday that Raine and Horne (Oz estate agent) have just opened a branch close by, they look very flash and do lots of open house viewings like in Oz, might give them a go if current EA doesn't get us a sale soon.

BS
Worth a go - i do think the advantage of open house is that viewers may well look at a house that they would have made an appointment for - and getting more people through the door is always a good thing.

Originally Posted by Dan the Plumber
Hi guys,
Dan
i think Dan that dropping prices is a relative thing - if i dropped £25k off the price of my house there wouldnt be much left of an asking price
On the other hand if you have a higher asking price in the first place then £25k would be a much smaller percentage drop.

You ex-house in oz looks lovely - and that pool is fabulous!
Are you heading back to the same area?
Old Oct 14th 2007, 6:40 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by Fly Away

Well, have to go to bed. Managed to keep off BE for 3 hours tonight - not bad going! Night all, see you in the morning.

Hello my name is Tiggs .... and i am a BE addict
Old Oct 14th 2007, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future

Morn (Yawn) ing all.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 8:49 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by Bushman
Morn (Yawn) ing all.
Morning Bushy - how is the house selling business going this morning?
Old Oct 14th 2007, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future

Bleak! Problem is there's still lots of houses coming onto the market. It's getting ridiculous now.

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Morning Bushy - how is the house selling business going this morning?
Old Oct 14th 2007, 9:06 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Bleak! Problem is there's still lots of houses coming onto the market. It's getting ridiculous now.
if there are all of these new houses coming onto the market what are the people selling those buying? Surely most of the time you sell and buy at (more or less) the same time? Are they ALL leaving the country?!
Old Oct 14th 2007, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

We have a few where we've got 2 or 3 in the chain, but people are just not viewing. 16 viewings last week. 6 Months ago it would have been 8 - 10 a day!

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
if there are all of these new houses coming onto the market what are the people selling those buying? Surely most of the time you sell and buy at (more or less) the same time? Are they ALL leaving the country?!
Old Oct 14th 2007, 9:16 pm
sneaking a peek ...

We have a few where we've got 2 or 3 in the chain, but people are just not viewing. 16 viewings last week. 6 Months ago it would have been 8 - 10 a day!
only 16 viewings in a week no wonder you were bored and on here all the time

we seem to be the only ones on here this morning - you dont suppose all the others have sold and gone without telling us do you
Old Oct 14th 2007, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Morning everyone,

Market is shocking isn't it. You know it's bad when an estate agent is hanging around on here.

Tiggs if you're here you are addicted. LOL.

Well, this morning I've done the school run, (small child seems better) taken the carpet cleaner back. (Bloomin coffee stain has reappeared now carpet is dry. ), done a mini shop, (small child's friend is coming to tea tonight) and just now had my first sip of coffee. Ahhh.

Got to get off here and do some work and a weeks worth of ironing.

Hope it's a good house selling week for everyone.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I knew it Tiggs - you're still on here!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.