Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Sep 12th 2007, 5:13 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by daunted
Sounds good - lets hope they find a buyer for theirs very quick
thanks hun. agent phoned and asked if i still wanted to drop price in the hope more people will view............. um no i dont want to drop the price and next week these people sell theirs and then offer the new price! not rocket science is it still might need the details of that house buying company
Old Sep 12th 2007, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
guess what?! they didnt even show!!
cant decide if i am :curse: or

there were so many other things i could have been doing this morning - i just feel sort of gutted now.

havent even spoken to the EA yet - couldnt really face it.
i did phone another of those companies who buy your house tho - they are going to come back to me with an offer. At this point the money doesnt feel like the most important thing to me

it is really daft of me i suppose for some reason i got myself all geared up for this being the one - hadnt with any of the other viewings so no idea why i had with this one ...

going to go and sit in the garden in the sunshine and sulk
Noo!!!! After all that, ok my first :curse: on BE!! Aw mate, dont get too disheartened have and sell to those *&%^$£$" companies. The £££ doesnt feel like the most important thing but every penny will help there. Maybe.

If its any consolation ours is STILL not sealed yet. Sounds like the 'cash buyer' our buyer had/has is a little economical with the true. We're consoling ourselves with constant 'lets emigrate' jokes. Stick that bottom lip back in and fight on, at least you will soon leave these losers behind

Still keeping fingers crossed for yah.

Mat (having a whole bottle of red to myself. huh!)
Old Sep 12th 2007, 7:59 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys
I was feeling quite gutted yesterday but i think it was mainly tiredness. We have spent some time going over the figures and our options and at least things are a bit clearer now.
Trouble is our circumstances have changed somewhat over the last month and while we thought that we had plenty of time to sell the house it turns out that we need to be over in oz a lot sooner.

Originally Posted by daunted
:curse: Oh no!!!!!!!! Im :curse: for you!!!!
I understand what youmean about money not being the most important thing thanks for the PM I forgot i had already got the name off you SEE its official I getting old and forgetful.
i was pretty sure you had asked but i thought that i might have forgotten to reply - i think we are as bad as each other!

Originally Posted by walkermat
Noo!!!! After all that, ok my first :curse: on BE!! Aw mate, dont get too disheartened have and sell to those *&%^$£$" companies. The £££ doesnt feel like the most important thing but every penny will help there. Maybe.

If its any consolation ours is STILL not sealed yet. Sounds like the 'cash buyer' our buyer had/has is a little economical with the true. We're consoling ourselves with constant 'lets emigrate' jokes. Stick that bottom lip back in and fight on, at least you will soon leave these losers behind

Still keeping fingers crossed for yah.

Mat (having a whole bottle of red to myself. huh!)
Mat no its not consolation to know that you are having problems too!
Hope things sort themselves out for you very soon.

Sending K to you all
A
Old Sep 12th 2007, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Well have another cash buyer coming on Saturday lets hope he turns up, fingers crossed everyone

We have tried Karma I am now praying.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough

Not sure i trust 'Cash Buyers' anymore, from what I've heard and experienced with our buyer's 'Cash Buyer'! Ask them to bring a case with the 'Cash' in when they come to view - just so you can see they really are cash buyers!

Hmm. I meant that as a joke, but now think about it its not a bad idea!

Keeping fingers crossed for you somme!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by want2bthere
have they been?

well have to say that our viewing went well yesterday, they were here for hour and half love the house, love the area, would love to be in for xmas think i can take that as a positive vibe? said that as soon as they sell theirs they'll be on the phone, they are in the ftb bracket so hopefully they'll find a buyer quickly. asked how long it would take for us to move out....................give us a container and we're outta here.

x
Have you heard anymore?
Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks guys
I was feeling quite gutted yesterday but i think it was mainly tiredness. We have spent some time going over the figures and our options and at least things are a bit clearer now.
Trouble is our circumstances have changed somewhat over the last month and while we thought that we had plenty of time to sell the house it turns out that we need to be over in oz a lot sooner.

i was pretty sure you had asked but i thought that i might have forgotten to reply - i think we are as bad as each other!

Mat no its not consolation to know that you are having problems too!
Hope things sort themselves out for you very soon.

Sending K to you all
A
How are you feeling today and when do you have to be in Oz by? Where are you heading for, we are hoping sunshine coast
Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:24 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

guess what?! they didnt even show!!
cant decide if i am :curse: or

there were so many other things i could have been doing this morning - i just feel sort of gutted now.

havent even spoken to the EA yet - couldnt really face it.
i did phone another of those companies who buy your house tho - they are going to come back to me with an offer. At this point the money doesnt feel like the most important thing to me

it is really daft of me i suppose for some reason i got myself all geared up for this being the one - hadnt with any of the other viewings so no idea why i had with this one ...

going to go and sit in the garden in the sunshine and sulk
I really feel for you honey .....

hope today your a little bit more positive about it all

((((( HUG ))))))
Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

We signed up with estate agent 30th June and only had two viewers. First a Russian and partner from London and the second couple were local that wanted to buy about 10 acres out the back off the farmer, he wouldn't sell.......... EA said August is quiet and that it's picking up

Off to validate in November though

Have been reading about house sales falling through on exchange day this waiting has got to be worse than waiting for the visa

Good luck to everyone!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Just come across the thread. Today we were due to complete on the sale of our house, found out on Monday that the buyers at the bottom of the chain have not even signed there contract and are requesting a 4 grand reduction, luckly there sellers have agreed but need to borrow extra money from mortgage company.

We only found this out by contacting our E/A who is keeping an eye on the chain, she had not even told us:curse: and has not got any idea when this will be sorted, so we are in limbo land all packed up and do not know if our house sale will go through as if they can't get the money then the whole chain falls down.

I can't believe just how stressful selling houses in the UK is.

Good luck to all fellow house sellers we need it.

Nicky
Old Sep 13th 2007, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

We had cash buyers come for a viewing on Tuesday. Don't hold out to much hope though we were the 12th viewing of the day . Damn agent told them we were emigrating as well so might get a stupid offer put in :curse:. Going to change agents as well after the gave us the wrong info about not being able to change due to HIPS
Old Sep 13th 2007, 1:49 am
Registered madwife!

itsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really nice

Just got back from visit to EA to stir them up a bit. We got a "buyer" after just 8 days but unfortunately they pulled out after stringing us along for 6wks. EA hasn't done much since and just keep asking have we thought about lowering the price, something we are not prepared to do quite yet.

I have finally got them to put no chain on details though, something they should have done weeks ago, and we are now considering part exchange. We did want to sell up totally as don't want to rent our house out but would consider renting out a smaller property with an interest only mortgage. This would give us back some equity and the rent would cover mortgage and fees here. We could then sell Uk house later or keep it as investment.

Perhaps this could work as an option for others?? Has anyone else done this and did it work?
Old Sep 13th 2007, 3:01 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by somme
Have you heard anymore?
nope, but agent phoned to say they're really interested, um knew that already but thanksjust crossing everything that they sell quickly, they wont put offer in until that happens which is fair enough.
we've got our sights set on sc too so heres the deal who ever gets there first needs to chill the wine!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 3:07 am
so far so good

Originally Posted by itsjulie
Just got back from visit to EA to stir them up a bit. We got a "buyer" after just 8 days but unfortunately they pulled out after stringing us along for 6wks. EA hasn't done much since and just keep asking have we thought about lowering the price, something we are not prepared to do quite yet.

I have finally got them to put no chain on details though, something they should have done weeks ago, and we are now considering part exchange. We did want to sell up totally as don't want to rent our house out but would consider renting out a smaller property with an interest only mortgage. This would give us back some equity and the rent would cover mortgage and fees here. We could then sell Uk house later or keep it as investment.

Perhaps this could work as an option for others?? Has anyone else done this and did it work?

good idea in theory, but wouldnt work for us we need the equity to start over out there, and get the feeling that if i still had property here it might be to easy to come back.
just keep on the EA toes and get tough, if you think there not doing enough threaten to take your buisness elsewere. i've heard a few people say that telling them youre thinking of multi agency tends to spur them on.
good luck
Old Sep 13th 2007, 3:47 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by somme
How are you feeling today and when do you have to be in Oz by? Where are you heading for, we are hoping sunshine coast
Originally Posted by Issie
I really feel for you honey .....

hope today your a little bit more positive about it all

((((( HUG ))))))
i am feeling quite a lot better today thanks. i think that we have some difficult decisions coming up in the next couple of weeks - and at the moment i have no idea what we are going to do.

We dont have to validate before next may but due to a change in circumstances for our eldest we are looking like we HAVE to be in oz for the start of the new school year (end jan/beginning of feb)
We never expected to be in oz this early and it has really thrown me. I like to plan and organise and at the mo i have no idea what i am going to do next!

If we could get an offer on the house now then we should be ok but as each day goes by it feels like the pressure is building and at a point in the not too distant future even getting an offer is going to be too late for us.

The irony in this is that until a month ago we thought we had the best part of a year to sell - suddenly we need to be sold NOW!

Sorry for all that - i think i got a bit carried away
I am just feeling the pressure! Feel a bit better for letting some of it out!

Stressfull business this emigrating lark

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.