Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

the whinging pom , bars open

the whinging pom , bars open

Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:34 am
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the whinging pom , bars open

Originally Posted by brissydeb
hi N

I'm good, nearly got our visa. What about you? Sorry who is Sass?

Debbie
Sassycat - Not sure if she left or got asked to leave, I lost touch with her cos we moved from Aberdeen to Manchester and we've not had the internet for months!

Anyhoo i'm good thanks - how's U? We never did have that scotland meet up did we? - I had a major busy year last year cos me an' Bign got married - at last!

Good news about your visa! - about time eh?

Nx
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The O'Neills
Sassycat - Not sure if she left or got asked to leave, I lost touch with her cos we moved from Aberdeen to Manchester and we've not had the internet for months!

Anyhoo i'm good thanks - how's U? We never did have that scotland meet up did we? - I had a major busy year last year cos me an' Bign got married - at last!

Nx
Congratulations on getting married! Did you get married in Aberdeen?

Debbie
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Nx
Hi N

Come to think of it I think sassycat changed her login name. Can't remember what to but if i remember will let you know.

Debbie
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Know what you mean, could not eat something that has been cooked in a sheeps stomach... I'm good thanks, can not get motivated at work as I know in the next month or 2 I will be handing in my notice. I work in sales and our bonus is paid annually so the sales I make now means the bonus for that is paid in Feb 09!! How are you?

Debbie
So does that mean you won't get a bonus or you'll get a lump sum a year next Feb??

If it means you won't get anything, I don't blame you for being demotivated. It'll be great when you've handed your notice in!

I'm good today. A few very stressful things have been sorted.Although my OH has just taken on a 6 month work contract which blows my hopes of moving over by next May. Still, it's money - which stops some of the stressy stuff.....
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on getting married! Did you get married in Aberdeen?

Debbie
How exciting! Getting married and emigrating in the same year.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:48 am
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

We married in a wee church in Banchory, near Aberdeen - only been together 12 years, so I was a bit worried that we might be rushing things!

We haven't emigrated yet Nicky, Brendan was offered sponsorship but we ended up turning it down I was gutted to say the least!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fly Away
So does that mean you won't get a bonus or you'll get a lump sum a year next Feb??

If it means you won't get anything, I don't blame you for being demotivated. It'll be great when you've handed your notice in!

I'm good today. A few very stressful things have been sorted.Although my OH has just taken on a 6 month work contract which blows my hopes of moving over by next May. Still, it's money - which stops some of the stressy stuff.....

H Fly Away

Will get my bonus this feb but as of jan this year anything i sell gets paid in feb 09 but if you leave the company during the year you get sweet FA! Just hoping the visa comes through asap so I can hand in my notice.

debbie
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We married in a wee church in Banchory, near Aberdeen - only been together 12 years, so I was a bit worried that we might be rushing things!

We haven't emigrated yet Nicky, Brendan was offered sponsorship but we ended up turning it down I was gutted to say the least!
LOL - only 12 years, I do think you rushed things a bit......

Oh no - I must have misread your 'cliquey' thread. I thought you said you had moved to Oz - just going over for another read.... What a b*gger your OH turned down the sponsorship - but you're still aiming for Oz??
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

When do you think you will be heading to Oz?
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

H Fly Away

Will get my bonus this feb but as of jan this year anything i sell gets paid in feb 09 but if you leave the company during the year you get sweet FA! Just hoping the visa comes through asap so I can hand in my notice.

debbie
That is SO mean! I wouldn't lift a finger. Fingers crossed for a quick visa decision and then you can tell them to go fish!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:54 am
Homeward bound

H Fly Away

debbie
Deb, I would just tell the swindling b'stards to eff off - either that or just cruise till the day of departure - I pray for that visa for you ASAP !!!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Deb, I would just tell the swindling b'stards to eff off - either that or just cruise till the day of departure - I pray for that visa for you ASAP !!!
Just re-read your thread and you moved to Manchester - what a difference.

We lived there for a year and had a great time mind you.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:57 am
Homeward bound

Well . . . . . Bing has just applied for 4 other jobs in Perth, our problem is that cos he's a petroleum engineer, he is not on the SOSL list. So he has to apply for jobs and then we get sponsored - nice but only ever on a 457 visa.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:58 am
Homeward bound

Just re-read your thread and you moved to Manchester - what a difference.

We lived there for a year and had a great time mind you.
Where do you live now?
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

That is SO mean! I wouldn't lift a finger. Fingers crossed for a quick visa decision and then you can tell them to go fish!

TBH getting away with it so far, just keep telling them i am building pipeline that is going to drop in a few months..........yas so it is!!!???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.