Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Old Sep 27th 2009, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by khurram
Same what I am thinking about the changes. And i think these changes will effect the applications lodged after sept 23. Old applicatons have nothing to do with this. right?
It affects all applications, including those made before 23/9/09.

Q6 When did the changes to priority processing come into effect?
The changes take effect from 23 September 2009 and apply to applications lodged with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (the Department) on or after this date. The changes also apply to applications that had been lodged previously with the Department and have not been finalised.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 9:52 am
RMA; Aussie Career Coach

Susan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud of
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Hi Khurram

The changes apply to all applications currently with DIAC - on the link George has included in his post above, Q6 advises that "The changes also apply to applications that had been lodged previously with the Department and have not been finalised".

Best regards
Susan
Old Sep 27th 2009, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

VanAxel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
Yeah I could have told you that ages ago, http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...00#post7164100

There are plenty of idiots on this forum will get a huge shock when they get to Australia and no-one want to employ them.... so much for Superior CSL IT skills blah blah ..... they will be driving the old BF Falcon

Although they might have swapped their PC keyboard for a steering wheel they were surely getting their revenge on the rest of us by ripping us off.......

http://wl.news.com.au/dailytelegraph...005941,00.html

until they got caught.

ha
I can personally vouch for that... I know 2 CSL PR approvals now in AU... 1 driving a yellow Falcon, another working in a petrol station as night staff.. another working as a shift manager in Maccas!

Im an Microsoft Qualified Prof with 8 yrs Exp and Masters in IT with a job offer in AU and have to possibly wait till bloody 2011 for just a VISA decision... mind you not an automatic VISA approval!! I dont qualify for ENS as I dont earn bloody $165k/yr which I think not many migrants would... that like wad.. half of what PM Rudd earns??!

This absolut bullshit... I was looking forward to start my new life in AU and now everything seems to be in tatters... Cant get a reply from my PLEs... cant contact DIAC's hotline (always busy.. as expected!). As requested by CO I did my meds and they are set to expire in Dec'09.. so what does this mean.. I have to do my bloody PCCs and Meds again when they do decide to look at me application 2 yrs down the track again? Money dosen't grow on bloody trees!!! So much for my job offer now with all this bull from DIAC

If only I can get a refund I'd be looking at another country to migrate to...

For all those lucky ones who haven't yet applied for AU PR and are thinking of.... Please take me advise...DON'T APPLY FOR AU PR AND BE TREATED LIKE A PIECE OF SHIT... Try another country instead!!

Be Safe.. Not Sorry..

Last edited by VanAxel; Sep 27th 2009 at 10:00 am.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

alhatti has a spectacular aura aboutalhatti has a spectacular aura aboutalhatti has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by VanAxel
I can personally vouch for that... I know 2 CSL PR approvals now in AU... 1 driving a yellow Falcon, another working in a petrol station as night staff.. another working as a shift manager in Maccas!

Im an Microsoft Qualified Prof with 8 yrs Exp and Masters in IT with a job offer in AU and have to possibly wait till bloody 2011 for just a VISA decision... mind you not an automatic VISA approval!! I dont qualify for ENS as I dont earn bloody $165k/yr which I think not many migrants would... that like wad.. half of what PM Rudd earns??!

This absolut bullshit... I was looking forward to start my new life in AU and now everything seems to be in tatters... Cant get a reply from my PLEs... cant contact DIAC's hotline (always busy.. as expected!). As requested by CO I did my meds and they are set to expire in Dec'09.. so what does this mean.. I have to do my bloody PCCs and Meds again when they do decide to look at me application 2 yrs down the track again? Money dosen't grow on bloody trees!!! So much for my job offer now with all this bull from DIAC

For all those lucky ones who haven't yet applied for AU PR and are thinking of.... Please take me advise...DON'T APPLY FOR AU PR AND BE TREATED LIKE A PIECE OF SHIT... Try another country instead!!

Be Safe.. Not Sorry..
why you are so angry?? you can search for another country and leave this one for the members those like to be a piece of shit
Old Sep 27th 2009, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Mayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really nice

I dont qualify for ENS as I dont earn bloody $165k/yr which I think not many migrants would... that like wad.. half of what PM Rudd earns??!
Not true at all.....minimum salary criteria is less than half which you quoted for ENS....
Old Sep 27th 2009, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mayur
Not true at all.....minimum salary criteria is less than half which you quoted for ENS....
Just out of interest, do you have a link for the minimum salary list, I'm sure lots would like to see it (not for ENS in my case).
Old Sep 27th 2009, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Mayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really nice

Originally Posted by freebo
Just out of interest, do you have a link for the minimum salary list, I'm sure lots would like to see it (not for ENS in my case).

here you go mate...its for ENS...

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...bclass-121.htm

cheers
Old Sep 27th 2009, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

@VanAxel

Cool down mate. There are many people who are in much more pain than you due to policy changes. We have no control over it, so don't look at the problem rather look at alternatives and solutions.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice

Be Safe.. Not Sorry..
"Anyone can become angry - that is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose, and in the right way - this is not easy" Aristotle.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

oasis23598 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in state sponsored MODL & CSL(computer professional) category but I did not got IELTS 6 in each. Taken 3 months English course.
In the current scenario will I get Priority???

Regards
Ali
Old Sep 27th 2009, 9:26 pm
RMA; Aussie Career Coach

Susan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud of

Just to clarify, re the posts above about salaries for ENS:

Being nominated for a senior exec job with a salary of more than $165 000 per annum (excluding superannuation or allowances) is just one of three "either/or" eligiblity criteria for applicants for a subclass 856 visa; the ENS visa you can apply for if you're in Australia and hold a qualifying visa.

You don't have to be nominated for a job that pays that much to qualify: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...bclass-856.htm

The ENS criteria are different if you're outside Oz or don't hold a qualifying visa. http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...bclass-121.htm

Hope that helps to clarify the issue.

Best regards
Susan
Old Sep 28th 2009, 2:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by oasis23598
I am in state sponsored MODL & CSL(computer professional) category but I did not got IELTS 6 in each. Taken 3 months English course.
In the current scenario will I get Priority???

Regards
Ali

I am very scared plzzzzzzz any one clarify ............
Old Sep 28th 2009, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

I am very scared plzzzzzzz any one clarify ............
To be eligible for GSM you need min 6 for all the 4 parts of IELTS exams.if you have done this and apply with +ve ACS assessment mentioning your MODL..then you are onto priority list...yes your application might be processed in between 12 -15 months...but not sure how long it is going to be true as MODL review/changes are going to happen end of this year..

just for my info..which SS you applied and got approval without 6 in IELTS?

Cheers...
Old Sep 28th 2009, 3:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mayur
To be eligible for GSM you need min 6 for all the 4 parts of IELTS exams.if you have done this and apply with +ve ACS assessment mentioning your MODL..then you are onto priority list...yes your application might be processed in between 12 -15 months...but not sure how long it is going to be true as MODL review/changes are going to happen end of this year..

just for my info..which SS you applied and got approval without 6 in IELTS?

Cheers...
this option was available in SA for 4 months jan-apr 09.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

this option was available in SA for 4 months jan-apr 09.
Thanks....Got it buddy .....Best of luck with your course and exams

Cheers....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.