Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Old Sep 25th 2009, 1:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Threads merged
Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

kokay28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

I am a 175 CSL Non Sponsored applicant. Will my case be affected with this announcement as we have been pushed down one step in priority.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:38 am
Just Joined

wpfmv is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kokay28
I am a 175 CSL Non Sponsored applicant. Will my case be affected with this announcement as we have been pushed down one step in priority.
You've now 4th on "a list" but it's a different list. It's possible that there are now fewer people with a higher priority than you due to the fact that non-csl state sponsored applicants now get bumped to 5th on the list.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

Mayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really nice

Originally Posted by kokay28
Yes overall you should be on a advantageous side due to these changes...
Old Sep 25th 2009, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

aliash is an unknown quantity at this point

I am still confused .. I am CSL applicant (175) number 4th on priority list. For me decision time is 15 month or end of 2012 which is 3 year from now?
This time frame really matters to me as I am in Australia and I have lots of things to plan..
Old Sep 25th 2009, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

intellect20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Application being processed further

When did you lodge your application?
Originally Posted by John110
Today I saw first change on my status page after elodgement on 15 Sep.
"Application being processed further"

What does it mean??????
Plz share ur experience
Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

alesak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aliash
I am still confused .. I am CSL applicant (175) number 4th on priority list. For me decision time is 15 month or end of 2012 which is 3 year from now?
This time frame really matters to me as I am in Australia and I have lots of things to plan..
Hi, I think the table reflects the situation before 23rd Sep. changes the priority and needs to be updated...

Last edited by alesak; Sep 25th 2009 at 6:49 am. Reason: quote
Old Sep 25th 2009, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

alesak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mayur
Yes overall you should be on a advantageous side due to these changes...
I hope the same, I would like to know how many S/S applications without CSL were postponed, but who can guess without glass ball
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

sunitram is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Application being processed further

Originally Posted by John110
Today I saw first change on my status page after elodgement on 15 Sep.
"Application being processed further"

What does it mean??????
Plz share ur experience
In my case it doesn't mean anything, (I don't know other's case.) because I lodged my application in April and after uploading period (about 1 month) had passed, it was changed into "Application being processed further". I asked DIAC whether it means I'm assigned by a CO or not, but the answer was, "No".
Old Sep 25th 2009, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Well we applied for a family sponsored 886 modl visa in January. We are on a bridging visa A and have travel restrictions. So now it looks like we won't get a visa before the end of 2011 and we have to pay each time we need to leave the country and we can only leave for a maximum of 3 months (and it needs to be special circumstances) We also had to front load medicals and police checks. We are now on a temporary visa which makes it hard to get a decent job, plus we aren't entitled to a 1st time buyer allowance so we are in limbo for the foreseeable future as we don't know if we can stay...
Old Sep 25th 2009, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vandm
This is pure broad daylight robbery. DIAC can better pick up a gun, go and rob a bank rather than doing this to us. i had postponed planning for my second kid because i thought if the visa came through it will get affected because of the new born. i wanted to buy a new house but stopped because i thought i will need that money if i go to Oz. DIAC just treats us as file numbers and doesnt understand that their decisions can be life changing for n number of people waiting for their applications to be finalized. and DIAC coolly says that chances of a refund is not possible in most cases.
Couldn't agree more. Australia likes to represent itself as a country which treats everyone fairly, but the way that they are chopping and changing these rules and priorities every 5 minutes leaves people's lives on hold and that's simply not fair. They should be ashamed of themselves - and should also be aware of the damage they are doing to their international reputation. I know of people who are very bitter about this and spreading the word as much as they can.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

dotty3 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Maybe not - we had a priority group 4 skilled visa application progressed on Wednesday afternoon ...

Best regards.
Alan

Thanks for this response. Was it processed following a complaint being raised, or was there any other reason that it might have been processed
Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Chris N Lora
This new ruling is just silly, they should be running alongside. how can it be fair that the guy from 2007 will have to wait for some joker who might apply in 2011. the immigration process needs to be done properly, as that guys said driving a taxi coz he cant get a job in the skill he applied for which was a CSL!!!
Yeah I could have told you that ages ago, http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...00#post7164100

There are plenty of idiots on this forum will get a huge shock when they get to Australia and no-one want to employ them.... so much for Superior CSL IT skills blah blah ..... they will be driving the old BF Falcon

Although they might have swapped their PC keyboard for a steering wheel they were surely getting their revenge on the rest of us by ripping us off.......

http://wl.news.com.au/dailytelegraph...005941,00.html

until they got caught.

ha

Last edited by man_called_Horse; Sep 25th 2009 at 4:33 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fifty_pence
* Excuse me while I chuckle to myself *

Folks once Australia is completeley out of recission and the economy truely picks up pace - you'll all have your visas.

Lets not forget priority processing and CSL were in fact introduced 'in light of the current economic climate'
The economy is actually doing really well here, I looked at www.seek.com.au last night and there are a shit load of jobs now compared to a few months ago.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 5:14 pm
Diz
one step closer!

Diz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really nice

Dear All, received this email today from a migration agent - not ours but I subscribe to their newsletter. Might be of help to cheer people up:

DIAC Processing Changes - Some Clarity

DIAC have again amended their processing priorities for GSM visa applications. Information relating to these changes can be found at:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...processing.pdf

Having studied these changes we will now attempt to clarify so that you may understand them more clearly.

Based on the information provided it would appear that the processing priority changes will impact as follows:

Subclass 175 visa applications with state/territory sponsorship - these applications will be minimally affected by these changes and some slight increase in processing times should be anticipated.

Subclass 176 visa applications with state/territory sponsorship - As above.

Subclass 175 visa applications with no state/territory sponsorship - DIAC are now advising that processing times may extend to end 2012, irrespective of how long an application has already been in the pipeline.

Some important facts to consider:

1. The GSM program for 2009-10 is set at 108,100 places (this means 108,100 primary applicants).

2. The CSL list currently consists of 41 occupations.

3. 75% of occupations on the CSL are Health, Allied Health or Professional Engineer based. All these occupations have historically had a lower than required take up rate under the GSM program (the main reason that they are on the CSL).

Given the factors at 1 - 3 above it becomes readily apparent that the bulk of the 108,100 places in the GSM visa program year will not be filled by listed CSL occupations. Some will be filled by applicants with employer sponsored visas but undoubtedly the bulk will be via the state/territory sponsorship arrangement.

In Summary

Clients who have applications lodged and have state/territory sponsorship should not see significant change to processing times for their applications. This information does not allow for additional processing times that will occur due to increased volume of state/territory sponsored applications that DIAC have and will continue to receive.

For clients who are not yet at the visa application lodgment stage, we would again reiterate that you should be actively considering some form of state/territory sponsorship as an integral part of your visa application strategy. (Spending 2 years in a "non preferred" state may be more suitable than spending 3+ years in the UK waiting for an application to finalise).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.