Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Old Sep 25th 2009, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Luke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant future
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Yes but what about those on the CSL list who are not state sponsored? I read somewhere else that these are still a priority and should only be 12 - 15 months, not 2012?
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

emad_awadalla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

My friends,
I really confused about processing time after the new changes, some people in the form said it will be 12 to 15 months and other said 3 years and i read in DIAC the following
Q10 How long will it take for my application to be finalised if my nominated occupation is on the CSL?
If you have applied for an onshore or offshore GSM visa and your nominated occupation is on the CSL, it is estimated that your application will be finalised within 12 months from your lodgement date.,

I am MODEL, CSL and i will lodge my file in next few days.
please clarify my time frame if you have clear idea.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

corleone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Diz
Dear All, received this email today from a migration agent - not ours but I subscribe to their newsletter. Might be of help to cheer people up:

DIAC Processing Changes - Some Clarity

DIAC have again amended their processing priorities for GSM visa applications. Information relating to these changes can be found at:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...processing.pdf

Having studied these changes we will now attempt to clarify so that you may understand them more clearly.

Based on the information provided it would appear that the processing priority changes will impact as follows:

Subclass 175 visa applications with state/territory sponsorship - these applications will be minimally affected by these changes and some slight increase in processing times should be anticipated.

Subclass 176 visa applications with state/territory sponsorship - As above.

Subclass 175 visa applications with no state/territory sponsorship - DIAC are now advising that processing times may extend to end 2012, irrespective of how long an application has already been in the pipeline.

Some important facts to consider:

1. The GSM program for 2009-10 is set at 108,100 places (this means 108,100 primary applicants).

2. The CSL list currently consists of 41 occupations.

3. 75% of occupations on the CSL are Health, Allied Health or Professional Engineer based. All these occupations have historically had a lower than required take up rate under the GSM program (the main reason that they are on the CSL).

Given the factors at 1 - 3 above it becomes readily apparent that the bulk of the 108,100 places in the GSM visa program year will not be filled by listed CSL occupations. Some will be filled by applicants with employer sponsored visas but undoubtedly the bulk will be via the state/territory sponsorship arrangement.

In Summary

Clients who have applications lodged and have state/territory sponsorship should not see significant change to processing times for their applications. This information does not allow for additional processing times that will occur due to increased volume of state/territory sponsored applications that DIAC have and will continue to receive.

For clients who are not yet at the visa application lodgment stage, we would again reiterate that you should be actively considering some form of state/territory sponsorship as an integral part of your visa application strategy. (Spending 2 years in a "non preferred" state may be more suitable than spending 3+ years in the UK waiting for an application to finalise).
hi diz,

how did they come up with this analysis? dont it say state/territory sponsored applicants are on number 5 priority list?
btw im a 175 with QLD SS attachment...hope all this is true
Old Sep 25th 2009, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Leedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the rough

I think the best thing to do is wait and see what happens in the coming weeks, nobody inside or outside DIAC can foretell the future.

Wait till visas start getting approved and then roughly gauge timelines.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Ahmas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Luke Brown
Yes but what about those on the CSL list who are not state sponsored? I read somewhere else that these are still a priority and should only be 12 - 15 months, not 2012?
Hi Luke:

I think it is clear that CSL applicants who are not sponsored will be processed much faster.Note that CSL applicants with SS were already ahead and CSL applicants with family sponsorship are very little, on the other hand the non-CSL applicants with SS which were a huge number are now lower priority.

In DIAC website , the 15 months figure is also mentioned for 176 High priority group (SS and Family sponsored) , which give and indication that this is just a general figure.

A friend of mine who is CSL without SS ,has just received mail from his CO asking for further information.

The point is that whether you will be granted your visa before they change the rules again or not. Further changes are on the way, with specific characteristics of the occupation that will receive priority such as language requirements , years of experience in specific specialization,.....

Although I will benefit from the recent changes , I feel so sorry for those who wasted lots of time and effort waiting too long with hope, first as CSL and then getting sponsorship , then assigned CO again and finalized all outstanding , and days before visa grant they have been sent back again for unknown period. madness. DIAC is playing with our lives.

Really I am not happy, nobody is safe in this circumstances.

BR
Old Sep 25th 2009, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

Luke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ahmas
Hi Luke:

I think it is clear that CSL applicants who are not sponsored will be processed much faster.Note that CSL applicants with SS were already ahead and CSL applicants with family sponsorship are very little, on the other hand the non-CSL applicants with SS which were a huge number are now lower priority.

In DIAC website , the 15 months figure is also mentioned for 176 High priority group (SS and Family sponsored) , which give and indication that this is just a general figure.

A friend of mine who is CSL without SS ,has just received mail from his CO asking for further information.

The point is that whether you will be granted your visa before they change the rules again or not. Further changes are on the way, with specific characteristics of the occupation that will receive priority such as language requirements , years of experience in specific specialization,.....

Although I will benefit from the recent changes , I feel so sorry for those who wasted lots of time and effort waiting too long with hope, first as CSL and then getting sponsorship , then assigned CO again and finalized all outstanding , and days before visa grant they have been sent back again for unknown period. madness. DIAC is playing with our lives.

Really I am not happy, nobody is safe in this circumstances.

BR
Thanks for the reply. Yes it's a bit like playing the lottery. Until you get the visa grant in your hands then nothing is for sure.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

corleone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Leedelta
I think the best thing to do is wait and see what happens in the coming weeks, nobody inside or outside DIAC can foretell the future.

Wait till visas start getting approved and then roughly gauge timelines.
you are absolutely on the money..that is where we all stand at the moment
Old Sep 25th 2009, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Mayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really nice

Originally Posted by Diz
Dear All, received this email today from a migration agent - not ours but I subscribe to their newsletter. Might be of help to cheer people up:

For clients who are not yet at the visa application lodgment stage, we would again reiterate that you should be actively considering some form of state/territory sponsorship as an integral part of your visa application strategy. (Spending 2 years in a "non preferred" state may be more suitable than spending 3+ years in the UK waiting for an application to finalise).

I feel this is some marketing gimmick of that agency to attract non CSL guys who makes a large number for their business to run?..
Old Sep 26th 2009, 5:47 am

dhreetiman will become famous soon enoughdhreetiman will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Application being processed further

Originally Posted by John110
Today I saw first change on my status page after elodgement on 15 Sep.
"Application being processed further"

What does it mean??????
Plz share ur experience
well even I noticed this message today on the elodging tracking page. it has been posted on 17th of Sep, 2009 for me, just saw today.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Application being processed further

Originally Posted by dhreetiman
well even I noticed this message today on the elodging tracking page. it has been posted on 17th of Sep, 2009 for me, just saw today.
Lots of people (inc me) got this on 16 and 17 Sept, no one really seems to know what (if anything) it means in this instance.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Cathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant futureCathy Makin has a brilliant future

I think that those who are affected by these changes should forward emails directly to the Immigration Minister himself (Chris Evans) he is the one that calls the shots, not sure if it will make the slightest difference but we can't just sit here and do nothing???
Old Sep 26th 2009, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

imaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cathy Makin
I think that those who are affected by these changes should forward emails directly to the Immigration Minister himself (Chris Evans) he is the one that calls the shots, not sure if it will make the slightest difference but we can't just sit here and do nothing???
i had been checking if there is an online petition going on...because in other forums they are thinking of this i guess. but havent found anything so far..

by this time the mailbox of the minister might be full and it will just bounce
Old Sep 26th 2009, 9:32 am
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

I blame the Bankers and as Accountants are similar to Bankers, I blame them as well.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 9:41 am
RMA; Aussie Career Coach

Susan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by emad_awadalla
My friends,
I really confused about processing time after the new changes, some people in the form said it will be 12 to 15 months and other said 3 years and i read in DIAC the following
Q10 How long will it take for my application to be finalised if my nominated occupation is on the CSL?
If you have applied for an onshore or offshore GSM visa and your nominated occupation is on the CSL, it is estimated that your application will be finalised within 12 months from your lodgement date.,

I am MODEL, CSL and i will lodge my file in next few days.
please clarify my time frame if you have clear idea.
Hi emad_awadalla

The most recent information we have for applicants whose occupation is on the CSL is the info from DIAC you have quoted above - it is estimated that your application will be finalised within 12 months from your lodgemet date.

As we can only work with the current legislation and DIAC's current policy, that is the timeframe you should expect now.

But be aware that DIAC is currently reviewing the MODL; the CSL is expected to be dropped early next year and those events together could cause a further change in processing priorities.

So I recommend that you keep an eye on DIAC's website to keep up to date with the impact any further processing priority changes might have on your visa application's processing timeline.

Best regards
Susan
Old Sep 27th 2009, 8:59 am
Siozakk

khurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nice

Originally Posted by George Lombard
For people who are confused by this thread, the link to the whole document is http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...processing.pdf .

Overall, apart from giving family sponsored CSL applicants a bit of a leg up, and state sponsored non-CSL applicants a bit of a leg down, there aren't major changes for offshore applicants. Still the case that without a state sponsor or CSL occupation you will be waiting for some time to come.

For onshore applicants the announcement of priorities for subclass 485 applications at least sheds some light on a situation which has been quite mysterious until now.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Same what I am thinking about the changes. And i think these changes will effect the applications lodged after sept 23. Old applicatons have nothing to do with this. right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.