Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Old Sep 24th 2009, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

Asanka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It would've affected people regardless of when the changes were made though.
After jan lot of non csl appliants got ss and got their visa too..thats why diac did this to avoid it..but this is too late
Old Sep 24th 2009, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

charw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant future

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; Google Wireless Transcoder)

Ok my dear dudes. I am leaving BE temporarily as I want to re sit IELTS again. I have 7.7.7& 6.5 in my attempt so I m confident that I can get through this time so that I have both SS and CSL eligibility & that I can reach priority group 2. But no one here knows when CSL would be amended. But I am leaving this great site temporarily . Polly , Dorothy and all other my friends thanks for you. Good luck to you . I m 25 & have excellent job in my country. So I will not waste my time until 2012 if I cant get into CSL. I need to fully focus on my exam. Good luck to all of you & I ll be back once I m back on priority group 2.But not the god but the minister knows whether things would change overnight again.
Cheers..
Old Sep 24th 2009, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

John110 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Application being processed further

Today I saw first change on my status page after elodgement on 15 Sep.
"Application being processed further"

What does it mean??????
Plz share ur experience
Old Sep 24th 2009, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

Gillygirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Well, these changes might actually help us !
We are March 08 applicants who got screwed by the changes earlier in the year.
I'm currently awaiting allocation of my second CO (the first one was allocated in Nov 08, then unallocated when I wasn't on the CSL)
I'm now on the CSL and family sponsored so hopefully things might get moving for us. We have 11 weeks until our requested medicals/PCC's run out.
I really feel for those of you who have been bumped down the priorities, I know what it feels like, it's so frustrating. But you never know, further changes could go in your favour - but hopefully I'll get my visa before any more changes, it's been 19 months already
Oh, and for the record, complaining that you may have to pay for medicals again after them being requested by the CO the first time doesn't work - I tried that and they don't care !
Old Sep 24th 2009, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

dotty3 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Leedelta
Beautiful, my meds are winging their way to Sydney HOC as we speak. So much for heading to Australia in January 2010

I applied in Mar 2009, told have CO by May 2009, then June 2009, got one in Sep 2009 and now I am in limbo again

12 months from date of application....I will believe it when I see it
Try having applied Feb 2008, being less than 1 month from being processed and then being put in group 4; which now appears to be end of 2012. I understand why they need to control immigration at the moment, but I think they are taking the mick with these constant changes, and they are merrily taking money as they go and costing people expense too. Is there no forum for complaint to DIAC other than a personal email which i am sure will be ignored.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

dotty3 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Gillygirl
Well, these changes might actually help us !
We are March 08 applicants who got screwed by the changes earlier in the year.
I'm currently awaiting allocation of my second CO (the first one was allocated in Nov 08, then unallocated when I wasn't on the CSL)
I'm now on the CSL and family sponsored so hopefully things might get moving for us. We have 11 weeks until our requested medicals/PCC's run out.
I really feel for those of you who have been bumped down the priorities, I know what it feels like, it's so frustrating. But you never know, further changes could go in your favour - but hopefully I'll get my visa before any more changes, it's been 19 months already
Oh, and for the record, complaining that you may have to pay for medicals again after them being requested by the CO the first time doesn't work - I tried that and they don't care !
Can I ask how you got onto the CSL if you weren't on it to start with?
Old Sep 24th 2009, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Luke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant future
Default How to the priority changes effect CSL applicants?

Can somebody please clarify how the changes to priority processing will effect a non state-sponsored CSL applicant?

On one hand it seems that the state sponsored group previously above us in priorty order has been greatly reduced in size due to the non-CSL's in that group being moved right down. This in theory should be good for standard CSL's as there will now be less applications ahead of us.

But then on the DIAC website I read that only priorities 1 to 3 will be done in 15 months average and 4 downwards will be 2012. In that table it shows non-state sponsored CSL as category 4.

So which is it? 15 months or 3 years?
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Leedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the rough

My meds delivered to Syndey HOC Sep 24th, be interesting to see if there is any leeway with the new priority processing.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Luke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Leedelta
My meds delivered to Syndey HOC Sep 24th, be interesting to see if there is any leeway with the new priority processing.
But you're on CSL aren't you? So shouldn't be a problem?
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:19 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Application being processed further

Originally Posted by John110
Today I saw first change on my status page after elodgement on 15 Sep.
"Application being processed further"

What does it mean??????
Plz share ur experience
It means your application is being processed further. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 10:45 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dotty3
Try having applied Feb 2008, being less than 1 month from being processed and then being put in group 4; which now appears to be end of 2012. I understand why they need to control immigration at the moment, but I think they are taking the mick with these constant changes, and they are merrily taking money as they go and costing people expense too. Is there no forum for complaint to DIAC other than a personal email which i am sure will be ignored.

Maybe not - we had a priority group 4 skilled visa application progressed on Wednesday afternoon ...

Best regards.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

INDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Maybe not - we had a priority group 4 skilled visa application progressed on Wednesday afternoon ...

Best regards.
Just called DIAC regarding the priority processing, accountants (& priority group 4 - CSL non SS & ENS) in the CSL is still included.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Mayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really niceMayur is just really nice

Originally Posted by INDOAUS
Just called DIAC regarding the priority processing, accountants (& priority group 4 - CSL non SS & ENS) in the CSL is still included.
Yeah Thanks a lot for info....a big relief now....
Old Sep 25th 2009, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

imaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really niceimaxx is just really nice

Originally Posted by Asanka
After jan lot of non csl appliants got ss and got their visa too..thats why diac did this to avoid it..but this is too late
agree with you on that. non-CSL robbed off our allocation by getting a SS...and now they are moving and here we are frozen till God knows when...
Old Sep 25th 2009, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

I have just spoked to someone at GSM Adelaide and no one really sure yet how the new guidlines are going to affect individuals applications.

I have been told you will get a letter from case officer if you will be affected by new announcement.

To those of us likely to be affected we can only hope.

Johnnyyt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.