Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Wikiposts

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Old Sep 22nd 2009, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by ritu1234
Then how long will take time to finalize it is on 2010,or before.
What is FSL coming on oct31?
Ritu
I wish I had an answer Ritu. I dont think anyone has. Sorry mate.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

HoriFTC will become famous soon enoughHoriFTC will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Szervusz Hori,

Nem tudom :-(

My guess is that Q12 is not directed towards state sponsored applicants, but this is an issue which I'm sure will be clarified with the various states over the coming weeks. The states have many local skill shortages and will not be thrilled with having to wait while national shortages are addressed.

Szia,

George lombard
Hi George,

nice to read you in hungarian...

As I understood from former published documents from DIAC they plan to change the MODL list too. Iam sure you know this:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...pdf/issue1.pdf

Look page 24:

The MODL should be the primary migration instrument for identifying longer term skills needed in independent migrants. This recognises the role of the permanent and temporary sponsored visa classes in meeting the immediate and short-term skill requirements of employers.

Sponsored applicants will remain first priority in the GSM program. That reinforces the importance of MODL as the main selection mechanism for the balance of places available in the skilled stream. Introduction of the new MODL will involve phasing out the existing MODL and the CSL, with transition arrangements to be determined.

They also write on their website (http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...modl-review/):

Other arrangements currently in place, including the Critical Skills List (and the priority processing arrangements), will continue until the outcomes of the MODL review are finalised.

For me it means, that after the MODL review is finalised and the MODL list changed, the CSL list will phasing out.

If so, then the new priority processing regulations should only continue for 1-2 months, as they predicted to bring out the new MODL list for October.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 6:33 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Szervusz Hori,

I think that the CSL won't be phased out until next year - I would think that releasing this more detailed statement of priorities now would indicate a longer persion of uneasy coexistence between the MODL and the CSL.

Szia,

George Lombard
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

ssumit is an unknown quantity at this point

For people who are confused by this thread, the link to the whole document is http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...processing.pdf .

Overall, apart from giving family sponsored CSL applicants a bit of a leg up, and state sponsored non-CSL applicants a bit of a leg down, there aren't major changes for offshore applicants. Still the case that without a state sponsor or CSL occupation you will be waiting for some time to come.

For onshore applicants the announcement of priorities for subclass 485 applications at least sheds some light on a situation which has been quite mysterious until now.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Hi George

Could you pl share your views on my below understanding.

Overall the applicants with only CSL (W/o State and family Sponsership) will get a slight benefit , as if earlier 100 people were getting the priority processing because of SS now some of them will be moved down to priority 5 as they do not have CSL.

Could you pl share "how do you look at the applicants with only CSL , I fall in same category and assigned CO two weeks back"

thanks in advance
BR
Sumit
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ssumit
Hi George

Could you pl share your views on my below understanding.

Overall the applicants with only CSL (W/o State and family Sponsership) will get a slight benefit , as if earlier 100 people were getting the priority processing because of SS now some of them will be moved down to priority 5 as they do not have CSL.

Could you pl share "how do you look at the applicants with only CSL , I fall in same category and assigned CO two weeks back"

thanks in advance
BR
Sumit
Sumit, although some people will go down because of non-csl but state sponsored, some will go up too because of CSL and family sponsored. So a CSL+family sponsored applicant who lodged after you will now get processed before you. But I think this number will be much lesser compared to state-sponored non-CSL applicants. So overall u should get a little bump up, one should say.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

ssumit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by supriyag123
Sumit, although some people will go down because of non-csl but state sponsored, some will go up too because of CSL and family sponsored. So a CSL+family sponsored applicant who lodged after you will now get processed before you. But I think this number will be much lesser compared to state-sponored non-CSL applicants. So overall u should get a little bump up, one should say.
thanks Mate..Good to know another SAP consultant ..I am also a SAP consultant (Now Project Manager) , in Sydney since 2007 on 457

Keep in touch when u come here , I can see u got NSW SS..

BR
Sumit
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Feri is on a distinguished road

Dear all
I am a subclass 136 visa applicant + CSL applied since July 2007 and now in the final stages of processing.
According to the new arrangments my case will be delayed some more time.
My brother is an Australian citizen.Do you think it is better to change my subclass to family sponsored and is it possible to do so for me ? (changing from 136 to family sponsored 138 visa application)
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ssumit
thanks Mate..Good to know another SAP consultant ..I am also a SAP consultant (Now Project Manager) , in Sydney since 2007 on 457

Keep in touch when u come here , I can see u got NSW SS..

BR
Sumit
Good to know Sumit.

Ya u r right abt NSW. Although I am in Perth for past 1 yr (on 457) with a permanent job, I want to drift eastwards and get into contracting, once I get my PR.

I am sending u a PM giving my email etc...pls reply back so that we can get in touch. Cheers.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 7:49 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Feri
Dear all
I am a subclass 136 visa applicant + CSL applied since July 2007 and now in the final stages of processing.
According to the new arrangments my case will be delayed some more time.
My brother is an Australian citizen.Do you think it is better to change my subclass to family sponsored and is it possible to do so for me ? (changing from 136 to family sponsored 138 visa application)
Hi Feri,

No you can't convert a 136 to a 138. With state sponsorship it could be converted to a 137 but that doesn't seem to have much advantage now. A second application if DIAC agrees to process you with a deemed lodgment date of the initial application might work, but expensive.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

krishnaecetech is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys I hope DIAC keeps up this promise ..........

Q10 How long will it take for my application to be finalised if my nominated occupation is on the CSL?
If you have applied for an onshore or offshore GSM visa and your nominated occupation is on the CSL, it is estimated that your application will be finalised within 12 months from your lodgement date.

Previously the waiting period for a PR was 2 years right before you can know the result..
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Feri is on a distinguished road

Hi Feri,

No you can't convert a 136 to a 138. With state sponsorship it could be converted to a 137 but that doesn't seem to have much advantage now. A second application if DIAC agrees to process you with a deemed lodgment date of the initial application might work, but expensive.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Hi George
Thank you for your reply.
So what is your suggestion ? Should I just wait for my CSL application to be finalized in the new order ?

Thanks in dvance
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

ThKmOZ has a spectacular aura aboutThKmOZ has a spectacular aura aboutThKmOZ has a spectacular aura about

hi friend,

one question, coz I'm confuse after discussing with friend.

currently 2231-79 nec : .Net Technologies is under MODL,
we can called it under CSL or only MODL

I want it to know because of today announcement our 175 application will take affect (may be more longer), it's depend on CSL or MODL,

I also think about 176 to be more quicker, but it also not so effect by today announcement, isn't it?

Last edited by ThKmOZ; Sep 22nd 2009 at 8:49 pm.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 9:01 pm
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of

Interesting to note that 'applying for a state sponsership' is not offered as an option (for non CSL applicants) anymore (Q13 and Q14) unlike the earlier releases.

Perhaps the department doesn't want to encourage the State Sponsership as a 'quicker route' for applicants who already have enough points?
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Ahmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really nice

Hello...

I am confused here. Reading the FAQ booklet, I do not know where I am standing at.

I am state-sponsored, not on csl, offshore. Case officer requested medicals and PCC in August 2009.

Question 12 says : no csl, no priority.
Question 17 says : state sponsored will receive " Lower priority".

Does " Low priority" mean visa grant in 2012?

Any commect would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ahmad
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by qwerqwer
I also think about 176 to be more quicker, but it also not so effect by today announcement, isn't it?
As far as I can see 176 is very affected by today's announcement, after today if you're not CSL your priority goes down, even if you have state sponsorship.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.