Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Sep 20th 2004, 7:44 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by bundy
Eh? #6?
Oh, the top 10
Old Sep 20th 2004, 7:49 pm
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, the top 10
morning all... i see that bob's real name is ricardo brown

how's things?
Old Sep 20th 2004, 7:51 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ksct97
morning all... i see that bob's real name is ricardo brown

how's things?

Morning K,

Not bad. Except - brace yourselves - I have to go to a meeting off-site so I'll be gone for a whole 2 hours at least. I'm a little scared, it's been a while since I left my office.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 7:56 pm
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

Morning K,

Not bad. Except - brace yourselves - I have to go to a meeting off-site so I'll be gone for a whole 2 hours at least. I'm a little scared, it's been a while since I left my office.
a meeting off-site? they exist?... aren't they urban expat myths to scare the little-uns?

oh well... i'm off from work at lunch, gonna try and sort out my bills here before i move next week.... finally am really going! sorted out my ticket yesterday for the princely sum of £285 (one way though)
Old Sep 20th 2004, 7:59 pm
She's a bird, you know

a meeting off-site? they exist?... aren't they urban expat myths to scare the little-uns?

oh well... i'm off from work at lunch, gonna try and sort out my bills here before i move next week.... finally am really going! sorted out my ticket yesterday for the princely sum of £285 (one way though)

Congrats on the flight! So it's all about to become very real then - how exciting!

Yes, I've got to go and charm the birds from the trees, otherwise known as attempting to secure teaching rooms in a new faculty building. Our department may be part of the university, but the university seems to forget this when we can't pay as much as the big corporate conferences that we are up against. So I need to come up with some good reasons as to why allowing us to use their teaching space at a massive loss to them is a good idea
Old Sep 20th 2004, 8:03 pm
Invisi... K

Congrats on the flight! So it's all about to become very real then - how exciting!

Yes, I've got to go and charm the birds from the trees, otherwise known as attempting to secure teaching rooms in a new faculty building. Our department may be part of the university, but the university seems to forget this when we can't pay as much as the big corporate conferences that we are up against. So I need to come up with some good reasons as to why allowing us to use their teaching space at a massive loss to them is a good idea
why don't you get the execs all hooked on this expat site,.... then they're be putty in your hands!
Old Sep 20th 2004, 8:06 pm
She's a bird, you know

why don't you get the execs all hooked on this expat site,.... then they're be putty in your hands!

Now there's a thought....

The trouble with the lot I deal with down at the faculties is that they're all fusty university females, the type that have worked here forever (another reason to get out pronto, in my view).

There is hope though - the head honcho is my old director of studies so I'm halfway there already. I'm fairly sure he'll want to give his rooms away to someone he knows rather than a big multinational corporation offering to pay 10 times more than I can
Old Sep 20th 2004, 8:09 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

The trouble with the lot I deal with down at the faculties is that they're all fusty university females
Now you're talking

G
Old Sep 20th 2004, 8:11 pm
Invisi... K

Now there's a thought....

The trouble with the lot I deal with down at the faculties is that they're all fusty university females, the type that have worked here forever (another reason to get out pronto, in my view).

There is hope though - the head honcho is my old director of studies so I'm halfway there already. I'm fairly sure he'll want to give his rooms away to someone he knows rather than a big multinational corporation offering to pay 10 times more than I can
well yeah, i'm in academia and women of a certain age in universities are "fondly" known as battleaxes! can be right annoying...

anyway, shouldnb't you have priority over these corps. since your work in actually uni related?, thought the hiring out when to generate extra income when no one was actually using them.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 8:15 pm
She's a bird, you know

anyway, shouldnb't you have priority over these corps. since your work in actually uni related?, thought the hiring out when to generate extra income when no one was actually using them.
You'd think, wouldn't you. But no. Our programmes run in the summer which is silly season in terms of conferences. Many of the faculties we use are new buildings and all the finanical directors of those faculties are charged with recuping the cost of building the faculties. So they need the money. We are a non-profit making department so we don't have a lot of cash - corporate conferences can be £1000 a day for a room that we can only pay £100 for. The university is a business and they are out to make money. We simply can't pay them what they want.

Our work isn't just uni-related - it is part of the university! We are as much a faculty as they are, it's just that we don't have the teaching space up here so we have to hire it.

And G - I'm fast becoming one of those fusty battleaxes!
Old Sep 20th 2004, 8:17 pm
Invisi... K

I'm fast becoming one of those fusty battleaxes!
right then... good luck, and make some heads roll
Old Sep 20th 2004, 8:21 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

And G - I'm fast becoming one of those fusty battleaxes!
These are the things..............that dreams are made of

Go and kick ass

Bundy
Old Sep 20th 2004, 8:24 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Grayling
These are the things..............that dreams are made of

Go and kick ass

Bundy

It wouldn't be the first time. I've secured 4 new faculties in the last 3 years.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 8:41 pm
Invisi... K

It wouldn't be the first time. I've secured 4 new faculties in the last 3 years.
Bundy Warrior Princess!
Old Sep 20th 2004, 8:44 pm
She's a bird, you know

Bundy Warrior Princess!

Yep, that's me. I can be quite stubborn and persistent when I want to be.....

I start with charm and fluttering my eyelashes (although this occasionally distracts the opposition because they're a bit long). Then I go in for the kill. If that doesn't work I start looking sorrowful and rambling on about our scholarship fund and how we all work for peanuts.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.