Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:57 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

sing us another song, uncle bix!!!!
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:58 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Simone,
I'll go whereever they'll have me

Actually since that thread I passed my driving test at first attempt at the ripe old age of 49 having never driven before so rather pleased with myself
Old Aug 15th 2004, 10:00 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sander
A helmet...yeah I knew about that. If you ask me the Aussies are just a bunch of wussies
I guess it makes sense with the traffic there...and the hills. How hilly is hilly btw? Driving along in the car it seemed ok, but maybe that's a bit different on a bike. :scared: I've the 'typical' dutch bike with 3 gears, no mountain-bike or ATB with hundreds of gears. So, if I take it it needs to be REALLY REALLY clean right?
Ah, well, see.... we only took the one bike that is half a mountain bike, with 7 gears.
To be honest, I think you'd get funny looks on a 'normal' dutch bike here. It's only mountain bikes and bmx's(kids and teenagers).
And, you'd probably need more than 3 gears.

Hills.... well, there's not that many... Here they'd call them slopes, but in Holland they'd be hills... But the bike paths usually aren't that bad. They sort of stay by the main roads/railways, so are quite flat.

Bikes kan be bought at Kmart etc from about $150. Haven't looked around in any other shops yet, but will do, cos we're going to buy another one(only brought the one, and it's actually a pretty annoying one).

Yes, if you do bring it, clean it. We just washed it down with the hose, so no sand or grass on it. Was a bit greasy still,but that's not important.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 10:01 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Simone,
I passed my driving test at first attempt at the ripe old age of 49 having never driven before so rather pleased with myself

hey...congratulations!!! my other halfs ex wife failed her driving test last week for the second time...*snigger*
I can drive but never passed my test yet....and found out the other day the dates for booking at the moment in sheffield are somewhere round january!!!!

She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
too right!
and when i lived in london (going back to late 80's early 90's, i used to cycle a bit...until someone (who lived in the same block of the nurses home at charing cross hospital as me!) snipped my brake wires and i went pelting hell for leather round shepherds bush with no brakes!!! NOT nice I can tell you, speshly when you come nose to bumper with a lorry!! one busted shoulder later.......

You're joking! How bad is that?! At least you survived it. Luckily there are no hills in Cambridge and even if you had no brakes, you'd probably be ok. What had you done to them to make them snip your brake cables??!!!!
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

sing us another song, uncle bix!!!!
Sue,
This must be my favourite of all time.
I have been known to do a rendition or two of the chorus on a night of intoxication

I know a fat ole policeman, he’s always on our street
A fat old, jolly red-faced man, he really is a treat
He’s too fine for a policeman, he’s never known to frown
And everybody says he is the happiest man in town

*Laughter*
Old Aug 15th 2004, 10:02 pm
Invisi... K

ksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond reputeksct97 has a reputation beyond repute

too right!
and when i lived in london (going back to late 80's early 90's, i used to cycle a bit...until someone (who lived in the same block of the nurses home at charing cross hospital as me!) snipped my brake wires and i went pelting hell for leather round shepherds bush with no brakes!!! NOT nice I can tell you, speshly when you come nose to bumper with a lorry!! one busted shoulder later.......
<ouch> sound bad... i've had several scraps with my bike, one time i was cycling on ice, trying to brake as i was going to go around a corner, sliding towards a car and finally ending up underneath it! but worse one was coming down a bridge, car overtakes me and immediately turns left, no chance for me to brake in time! and everything kinda slows down for you... you know you're gonna hit, but there's nothing you can do! so he turns and i go over the backpart of his car... they did stop to see i was ok, and when i "groggily??!" said yes, he chucked me a couple of pounds for my broken head light and went off on their way!
Old Aug 15th 2004, 10:04 pm

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

All right, is it just me, where's that Sam, I'm waiting for the latest On the Buses installment!

Originally Posted by bundy
What had you done to them to make them snip your brake cables??!!!!

...nothing that im aware of...but there were about 200 of us living in those tower blocks (and i dont think cctv was invented back then!!) so I never found out who/why!

thats life i spose.....

Bix
da Bonehead

the dates for booking at the moment in sheffield are somewhere round january!!!!
Thanks Sue.

Yeah the wait times are a bummer
You can say you will accept cancellation dates but guess theres no way you could do that with your busy life.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 10:05 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Simone,
I'll go whereever they'll have me :-D

Actually since that thread I passed my driving test at first attempt at the ripe old age of 49 having never driven before so rather pleased with myself ;-)
Oh, congratulations!!!

Nah, you can't stay here, already offered that to Sander!
Btw, Sander, you can't stay between about 15 december and 15 january, cos that's when my parents in law are coming!! :scared:
Old Aug 15th 2004, 10:05 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ksct97
<ouch> sound bad... i've had several scraps with my bike, one time i was cycling on ice, trying to brake as i was going to go around a corner, sliding towards a car and finally ending up underneath it! but worse one was coming down a bridge, car overtakes me and immediately turns left, no chance for me to brake in time! and everything kinda slows down for you... you know you're gonna hit, but there's nothing you can do! so he turns and i go over the backpart of his car... they did stop to see i was ok, and when i "groggily??!" said yes, he chucked me a couple of pounds for my broken head light and went off on their way!
Yes, it's that feeling when you know you've reached the point of no return and the last though going through your head is 'this is gonna hurt' which is invariably true. Tarmac is depressingly unforgiving to skin and bone.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 10:06 pm

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
You're joking! How bad is that?! At least you survived it. Luckily there are no hills in Cambridge and even if you had no brakes, you'd probably be ok. What had you done to them to make them snip your brake cables??!!!!
Some sick and nasty people out there. Oh well I suppose what goes around comes around.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Bix
Thanks Sue.

Yeah the wait times are a bummer
You can say you will accept cancellation dates but guess theres no way you could do that with your busy life.
hehe.....d'ya think many people turn up with kids in tow? Do you think the examiner would let us stop for 'toilet breaks'!??
Old Aug 15th 2004, 10:07 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by Covenant
All right, is it just me, where's that Sam, I'm waiting for the latest On the Buses installment!
Tales of the 487 are suspended until further notice

I think KSCT took that ride and kidnapped Sam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.