Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Aug 15th 2004, 1:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Alright, that's it, I must go and do my domestic goddess thing....well (sad for sure) here's my three hundredth post.....and the best is, hopefully, yet to come.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 2:49 pm
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Well, well, well.
How our little Crap thread has changed in the last few days.
Several new posters joining the nonsense.

If we tot up the gene pool there must be 3 times as many ladies as men now.
Given this imbalance of intellect I suppose we better try to find some more females from somewhere.
Oh the ladies wondered in here in defence of CherryPie, Bix. I guess we'll be moseying along presently. At least I will be, before hubby catches me shaking my booty at strange men Sending Karma for the pasty recipe which was a resounding success. Thanks!!
Des.

Last edited by Desdemona; Aug 15th 2004 at 2:53 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 3:20 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mairi&Chris
Ahhh - bless you my child !!!!!!! karma coming your way ( how cheap am I ?????? ;-) )
Hey, that should be for me, I included you!
And I have hardly no karma.... :-(

I think due to the fact that Mairi was drunk(again :-D), she didn't tell you guys about Perth, WA (where I also am).
It's Perth, Western AUSTRALIA :-D
Perth, the capital city of WA, with about 1.6 million people I think. Most isolated city in the world. I think it's closer to Singapore than Sydney.
Located on the coast and on the Swan River, with some great beaches.
And some hills inland.

Bix, it doesn't matter how many ladies are in here, we'll still beat you anyway
Old Aug 15th 2004, 3:24 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

I take a weekend off and the yanks invade.

Big respect (is that what you say over there?) to you all for sorting the turd of a troll. Especially Cherrypie for making him look like the kn*bhead he is.

Its funny that a sad little troll brought our 2 great tribes together to talk endless rubbish. I feel all loved up again!

May take a little while to knock the new girls into shape but I reckon the process could be rather enjoyable.

Loose (lord of the shower)
Old Aug 15th 2004, 7:01 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

:scared:

Very scared.

I go away for one weekend and look what happens...trolls, newbies....I don't like change!

I was beginning to think it might be concussion. Got knocked off my bike on Saturday by a *@*! BMW driver who then drove away!!!!!!! Leaving me lying on the road, bike tangled about my legs, bleeding profusely. Charming.

So I'm now nursing a spectacular array of bruises and cuts and scrapes. Chipped a rib off my sternum, left the tip of a finger somewhere on the road, scraped my hands, have a knee the size of a football, a bruised foot and - worst of all - a whacking great scabby bruise on my chin. Luckily managed to keep all my teeth and, blessed with a squishy nose, kept that intact too.

Spent the afternoon in the hospital and the rest of the weekend smothered in ice and savlon.

I think I deserve plenty of sympathy shaped karma.

And I can't type, due to my wounds, so excuse the typos.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 7:04 pm

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that , hope someone got the numberplate. Did you go to the cops?

Deserve a KM!
Old Aug 15th 2004, 7:13 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Covenant
Sorry to hear that , hope someone got the numberplate. Did you go to the cops?

Deserve a KM!

Since the car was behind me before the accident, and then since I had my face ground into the road after the incident, I failed to get the number plate. Nobody else did either, so all I know was that it was a silver Z3 and there are about a million of them in Cambridge. I did tell the police and they said 'have you got the number plate?' and I said 'no (for the above reasons)' and they said 'well, there are lots of silver Z3s in Cambridge' as if I didn't know! No help there then
Old Aug 15th 2004, 7:22 pm

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
Since the car was behind me before the accident, and then since I had my face ground into the road after the incident, I failed to get the number plate. Nobody else did either, so all I know was that it was a silver Z3 and there are about a million of them in Cambridge. I did tell the police and they said 'have you got the number plate?' and I said 'no (for the above reasons)' and they said 'well, there are lots of silver Z3s in Cambridge' as if I didn't know! No help there then

For you, I shall hate all drivers of Z3s particularly if they have bits of Bundy attached to their front grill. Many town centres have CCTV cameras now as do shops, maybe you can get some info there?
Old Aug 15th 2004, 7:27 pm
She's a bird, you know

For you, I shall hate all drivers of Z3s particularly if they have bits of Bundy attached to their front grill. Many town centres have CCTV cameras now as do shops, maybe you can get some info there?

Awww, thanks Cov, for your care and, erm, hatred.

I thought of the CCTV thing too, but the police didn't seem that interested because I wasn't actually dead and the police weren't called to the scene (because I wasn't actually dead).

My revenge shall be sweet. I didn't like BMW drivers before, and now my hatred is tenfold. Sometimes when cycling it's all too easy to *accidentally* run your brake grip down the side of unsuspecting cars at traffic lights....
Old Aug 15th 2004, 7:39 pm

Awww, thanks Cov, for your care and, erm, hatred.

I thought of the CCTV thing too, but the police didn't seem that interested because I wasn't actually dead and the police weren't called to the scene (because I wasn't actually dead).

My revenge shall be sweet. I didn't like BMW drivers before, and now my hatred is tenfold. Sometimes when cycling it's all too easy to *accidentally* run your brake grip down the side of unsuspecting cars at traffic lights....
I'll only hate silver BMW Z3 drivers in the cambridge area!

Wonderful Police we have. I would imagine that the car got damaged hitting your well toned and muscular body Lol! You'd think that the police would at least be able to talk to body shops in the area, to see if the car has been brough in for repairs.

Never mind, at least you are ok, and maybe this is telling you that you are taking too many things on, and you need to take things easier.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 7:40 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

blimey bundy!!!
hope you are feeling ok.......you obviously made it into the office this morning anyway.....
yes, this thread was invaded by a wierdo on friday/saturday.........but the good folks came and joined the battle and shooed him/her off!!!!
So how did the 'do' go? did you get your standing ovation??

sue
ps. always find car accidents a good excuse to have brandy/whiskey in your coffee all day, and blame the boozy effects on the pain killers.........!
Old Aug 15th 2004, 7:43 pm
She's a bird, you know

I'll only hate silver BMW Z3 drivers in the cambridge area!

Wonderful Police we have. I would imagine that the car got damaged hitting your well toned and muscular body Lol! You'd think that the police would at least be able to talk to body shops in the area, to see if the car has been brough in for repairs.

Never mind, at least you are ok, and maybe this is telling you that you are taking too many things on, and you need to take things easier.

Car didn't actually hit me, it hit my back wheel and I did a spectacular cartwheel (with bike) and landed on my face. I don't know if the car was damaged or not...although a mate did see a silver Z3 with a scrape on the front bumper later that day. No proof though.

Anyway, yes, I'm fine. Lucky not to have broken anything more substantial (I break very easily, so it really is a bit of a miracle!). Lots of nice people came to help me too, which is always sort of nice. I was flying along at the time, running late, so maybe I should learn to slow down a bit in future!
Old Aug 15th 2004, 7:45 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
blimey bundy!!!
hope you are feeling ok.......you obviously made it into the office this morning anyway.....
yes, this thread was invaded by a wierdo on friday/saturday.........but the good folks came and joined the battle and shooed him/her off!!!!
So how did the 'do' go? did you get your standing ovation??

sue
ps. always find car accidents a good excuse to have brandy/whiskey in your coffee all day, and blame the boozy effects on the pain killers.........!

Cheers mate! I did have a brandy afterwards to soothe my nerves.

Friday night was fine, but I didn't even get a round of applause, let alone an ovation

It was a funny group though - all the old timers, but most of them got pissed so it was funny. We did a whole degree ceremony handing out their certificates and they ended up putting napkins on their heads like mortar boards. I didn't have the heart to tell them that we don't wear mortar boards in Cambridge....
Old Aug 15th 2004, 7:47 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers mate! I did have a brandy afterwards to soothe my nerves.

Friday night was fine, but I didn't even get a round of applause, let alone an ovation

It was a funny group though - all the old timers, but most of them got pissed so it was funny. We did a whole degree ceremony handing out their certificates and they ended up putting napkins on their heads like mortar boards. I didn't have the heart to tell them that we don't wear mortar boards in Cambridge....

glad you are ok!

back to the daily grind then.....?
Old Aug 15th 2004, 7:52 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

I didn't like BMW drivers before, and now my hatred is tenfold.
Sorry to hear about the accident.

PS don't tar us all with the same brush

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.