Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Aug 15th 2004, 7:55 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by The Don
Sorry to hear about the accident.

PS don't tar us all with the same brush

suppose its a change from the volvos...!!!

volvos....the scurge of bikers everywhere..........!!!!!

sue
Old Aug 15th 2004, 7:57 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
glad you are ok!

back to the daily grind then.....?

Yep, back to *normal* and online all day, hurrah! Cant actually find my office at the moment, covered as it is in boxes and bits of equipment. Cleared a little path to my chair and puter and that's it. But then I have 11 months to sort it all out, so I'm in no hurry!

I actually saw my boss minutes after my accident (I had been on my way to our closing lunch at the time). No sympathy and no way I was going to get the day off work, so here I am! I muttered expletives to myself at the time and blatantly ordered a taxi on account to get me home.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 7:59 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

sue

Last time I got knocked off my bike it was by a bus, so I feel I'm making progress.

It's an occupational hazard in Cambridge where everyone cycles. Everyone, that is, but Z3 drivers and buses, clearly.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 8:00 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

sue
We've got one of those as well
Old Aug 15th 2004, 8:01 pm
She's a bird, you know

Well just don;t come to Cambridge then! And leave your bus behind too
Old Aug 15th 2004, 8:03 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 15th 2004, 8:05 pm
Don
Banned

Wink Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by bundy
Well just don;t come to Cambridge then! And leave your bus behind too
Since you're 2500 kms away, don't over-worry n that score
Old Aug 15th 2004, 8:07 pm

has anyone else noticed you cant put many smilies on your post these days? when i replied to Dons volvo post, i could only put 2 smilies on it.............
...not fair!

sue
Old Aug 15th 2004, 8:09 pm
Don
Banned

Red face Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

has anyone else noticed you cant put many smilies on your post these days? when i replied to Dons volvo post, i could only put 2 smilies on it.............
...not fair!

sue
You can do 6 (incl any smilies in your title, your sig and what you quote)
Old Aug 15th 2004, 8:16 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Bundy!!! You poor thing!!!

Yesterday was my first 'big' bike trip here. Haven't discoverd all the big paths here yet(there are some), so sometimes I was on a busy road, quite scary, not used to it, and I don't trust those cars!

Congratulations on finishing the summer school period!! (was a bit early Thursday )

Yeah, those smiley's are annoying, I'm sure sometimes I'm not even allowed 6! I do this now sometimes :-D ;-)
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:02 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

"early one mororning, just as the sun was rising.
I heard a maid sing in the valley below.
Oh don't deceive me, oh never leave me............
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:05 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Bix
"early one mororning, just as the sun was rising.
I heard a maid sing in the valley below.
Oh don't deceive me, oh never leave me............
Feeling alright Bix? Not running a temperature or anything?
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:06 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Happy days are here again
The skies above are clear again
So let's sing a song of cheer again
Happy days are here again

Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:17 pm
f1junkie

Sander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Simone
Yesterday was my first 'big' bike trip here. Haven't discoverd all the big paths here yet(there are some), so sometimes I was on a busy road, quite scary, not used to it, and I don't trust those cars!
Hhmm, I was thinking about bringing my bike actually, but wondered if there was any point to it seeing as the roads over there aren't really bike-friendly and it seems a bit dangerous to me since they're not really used to bikes on the road as we are here.

Don't remember seeing any bikes around on the roads when I was there last year. But it is possible and there are even some bike paths?! At least that's what I understand from your post. Will have a think about it again.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:28 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Sander
Hhmm, I was thinking about bringing my bike actually, but wondered if there was any point to it seeing as the roads over there aren't really bike-friendly and it seems a bit dangerous to me since they're not really used to bikes on the road as we are here.

Don't remember seeing any bikes around on the roads when I was there last year. But it is possible and there are even some bike paths?! At least that's what I understand from your post. Will have a think about it again.

Where are you heading to? There are cycle paths around - Canberra is full of them (but not a lot else )

I used to cycle a lot when I was living in Nundle, but then it was on dirt roads with absolutely no traffic whatsoever.

Like your signature by the way, class album that. Saw them live in London earlier this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.