Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Growing financial crisis in Europe???

Growing financial crisis in Europe???

Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Growing financial crisis in Europe???

You are obviously having a bad day, and despite your extensive education, are resorting to name calling and insults.

My offer to help your repatriation was genuine. I don't want anyone to be unhappy in this country. Especially when they are lucky enough to have a far better alternative, only 24 hours flight time from your nearest international airport.

If public acceptance of my offer is an issue, please feel free to 'P.M.' me. I'm sure that together we can speed your return to utopia

Originally Posted by creepycrawley
Using the words ''pom'', ''pommy'', ''pommy bastard'' or ''pommyland'' is exactly the same as wearing a t-shirt saying 'I am a total knobhead with no education or sophistication of thought whatsoever'.

No wonder he likes Australia.

Last edited by Hino; Feb 21st 2010 at 2:31 pm. Reason: Missing the 'old dart'
Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Australia is no different to Britain now when it comes to housing in that the people in the middle - that's most people - get screwed over. High income earners and the poor are fine though.
It's the same the world over when you have means testing.

I think that being poor in England is better, especially London:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...crackdown.html

&

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ve-claims.html

&

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...ound-online.do
Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:30 pm
Banned

creepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hino
You are obviously having a bad day, and despite your extensive education, seem to be resorting to name calling and insults.

My offer to help your repatriation was genuine. I don't want anyone to be unhappy in this country. Especially when they are lucky enough to have a far better alternative only 24 hours away from your nearest international airport.

If public acceptance of my offer is an issue, please feel free to 'P.M.' me. I'm sure that together we can speed your return to utopia
When did I call the UK utopia?

Make your pathetic attempts at humour relevant, at least.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:31 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Prat.
Yes, you are. You're a big ******** as well.

Last edited by Centurion; Feb 21st 2010 at 7:38 pm. Reason: I like stars more than swearwords, even when warranted :)
Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:31 pm
Banned

creepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Incredibly mature.

Last edited by Centurion; Feb 21st 2010 at 7:38 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:32 pm
Account Closed

Incredibly mature.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:32 pm
ABCDiamond

Not any more. No better than the UK when it comes to housing affordability UNLESS you want to go and live several hours from the CBD. And even then you'll have to get lucky.
Comparing that to the UK, does everyone live in the CBD's in the UK now then ?

Median house price 1 hour to Sydney CBD is about $350k in many areas. (3.5 times average household income)

How much more than the UK is that ? Or are they both similar ?
The comparison price would be about £125,000 for an average 3 bed detached house, one hour from London.

Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:35 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I'm enjoying a nice cup of tea. Don't make me go through this thread deleting posts. Its boring. Tyvm
Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:41 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

(Mate)

Gentelmen, Gentlemen, think of the regiment.

Damn poor show all of this calling out and implying lack of honour and integrity. Almost makes me want to reach for the Mess Webbley.

Neddy had given fair evidence that the UK is a far better place to live if you meet certain conditions.

What say you Creepy?

( )

Last edited by Centurion; Feb 21st 2010 at 7:38 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:42 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
Maaaaates, what have I done now?
Not you mate. It's just that "Hino" is a bit of a shirt front. Offers of lifts to the airport seem to be his speciality... top flight proponent of the FIFO principle.... as shown below.

Originally Posted by Hino
You are obviously having a bad day, and despite your extensive education, are resorting to name calling and insults.

My offer to help your repatriation was genuine. I don't want anyone to be unhappy in this country. Especially when they are lucky enough to have a far better alternative, only 24 hours flight time from your nearest international airport.

Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:43 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
I'm enjoying a nice cup of tea. Don't make me go through this thread deleting posts. Its boring. Tyvm

Two sugars sir, and an arrowroot biscuit?

Sorry about the noise sir, it’s the neighbours fighting again.

(mate)
( )
Old Feb 21st 2010, 3:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
(Mate)

Gentelmen, Gentlemen, think of the regiment.

Damn poor show all of this calling out and implying lack of honour and integrity. Almost makes me want to reach for the Mess Webbley.

Neddy had given fair evidence that the UK is a far better place to live if you meet certain conditions.

What say you Creepy?

( )
No worries. Creepy gave me carte blanche and I used it. Not my fault the bloke can't take a bit humour
Old Feb 21st 2010, 6:49 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I'm shocked . When ML decends to name calling it means that things are really getting heated

Last edited by Centurion; Feb 21st 2010 at 7:39 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Australia is no longer a place for people from UK council estates to realise their dreams.Some of the defensive remarks indicate a sense of cognitive dissonance..
Every city in every country has rough areas.
I spent the weekend in the Scottish Highlands. I saw castles ,dolphins ,red kites under bright blue skies and ate delicious food.
The services I received were of a far superior quality than I ever experienced in Oz
Old Feb 21st 2010, 9:43 pm
Banned

mono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevin747
Australia is no longer a place for people from UK council estates to realise their dreams.Some of the defensive remarks indicate a sense of cognitive dissonance..
Every city in every country has rough areas.
I spent the weekend in the Scottish Highlands. I saw castles ,dolphins ,red kites under bright blue skies and ate delicious food.
The services I received were of a far superior quality than I ever experienced in Oz
Is anything ever superior in quality to anything in Australia??!!

Surely not!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.