Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Growing financial crisis in Europe???

Wikiposts

Growing financial crisis in Europe???

Old Feb 21st 2010, 1:28 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Growing financial crisis in Europe???

Originally Posted by Wol
I see that Wikipedia has no page for "Thread Creep" - thought it might be a worthwhile link from here <g>.

It's interesting that the more a poster uses the word "mate" the more abusive the post - is there a causal connection?

On Usenet (anyone still go there?), threads allow for creep as well as maintaining the topic. Maybe that's why it's unexpectedly not listed on Wikipedia?
Old Feb 21st 2010, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

If I can be of any assistance in aiding your speedy exit from this "shithole", please do not hesitate to ask

Originally Posted by creepycrawley
I'd be out of this boring, hot, dry shithole tomorrow if I could.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 1:44 pm
Banned

creepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Cheap Housing for the needy. Yes
Cheap Healthcare for the needy. Yes
Schools and Hospitals, Yes

Are those things better than the UK? Some are some aren't

Where is your proof that your statement is correct.

In Dec 2009 it rose to 79.6%.
In Dec 2004 it was 72.4%

You have to be INCREDIBLY poor to get access to any kind of help with housing in Australia. The policies do not match the current conditions at all.

Even you must see that.

Australia is no different to Britain now when it comes to housing in that the people in the middle - that's most people - get screwed over. High income earners and the poor are fine though.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 1:56 pm
Banned

creepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud ofcreepycrawley has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hino
OMG

Is that what pommyland looks like these days ?

I was almost impossible to recognise the place...................without the rain that is
Anyone who considers that a technical term should be shot.

You're disgusting.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 1:57 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hino
OMG

Is that what pommyland looks like these days ?

I was almost impossible to recognise the place...................without the rain that is
Here we go again... another evangelist crawls out of the woodwork.

Lets just leave Slaphead and Crawly too it shall we... I don't think they need your particular style of assistance.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhhh bless

I do believe we have a wannabe mod in the making

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus

Lets just leave Slaphead and Crawly too it shall we... I don't think they need your particular style of assistance.

Last edited by Hino; Feb 21st 2010 at 2:08 pm. Reason: Homesick for pommyland
Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:05 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus

Maaaaates, what have I done now?
Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:06 pm
ABCDiamond

You have to be INCREDIBLY poor to get access to any kind of help with housing in Australia. The policies do not match the current conditions at all.

Even you must see that.

Australia is no different to Britain now when it comes to housing in that the people in the middle - that's most people - get screwed over. High income earners and the poor are fine though.
So you agree that UK and Australia are similar in that then ?

Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:08 pm
Banned

Using the words ''pom'', ''pommy'', ''pommy bastard'' or ''pommyland'' is exactly the same as wearing a t-shirt saying 'I am a total knobhead with no education or sophistication of thought whatsoever'.

No wonder he likes Australia.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:10 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
So you agree that UK and Australia are similar in that then ?
But being a place for ordinary workers, who don't necessarily have ''the right skills'' to make life ''peachy'' (in the words of an idiotic poster earlier) was, historically, meant to be one of Australia's draw cards.

Not any more. No better than the UK when it comes to housing affordability UNLESS you want to go and live several hours from the CBD. And even then you'll have to get lucky.

Last edited by creepycrawley; Feb 21st 2010 at 2:21 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

ossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kevin747
No bitterness. I had a house to return to in a lovely part of Scotland. I got to do a fair comparison. I found Australia very inferior to the UK at its best.
I do miss a couple of things, but found it second rate.
It's only my opinion-I find too many to be deluded.
Even your signature mentions bitterness. I don't want to deviate from the original post but Australia is certainly no panacea. There are things I certainly miss about the UK & more Europe.

This is my biggest gripe:
We are renting a $2.2M house in Camberwell, VIC. Cannot possibly afford to buy it. And why would I want to? It's a weatherboard house. I could buy a 7 bed house in Gerrards Cross (one of the most exclusive parts of UK) for the same price.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:22 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

(in the words of an idiotic poster earlier)
Don't get personal dude.

Play the game not the man - BE is much more fun when you do.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:26 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by ossigeno
.I don't want to deviate from the original post but Australia is certainly no panacea.
Oh, but it is! Haven't you heard how Australia has one of the best economies in the world?

This, I am told, will mean that sooner or later the government is going to ensure that its people benefit from that wealth by developing affordable and desirable housing for Australia's growing population, sorting out the water issues and bringing the schools, hospitals and other buildings up to scratch. They are going to develop a free healthcare service that will make the NHS look pathetic and do something about rising food costs.

I mean, honestly, without all that the booming economy exists in a purely abstract sense, right?
Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:27 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Using the words ''pom'', ''pommy'', ''pommy bastard'' or ''pommyland'' is exactly the same as wearing a t-shirt saying 'I am a total knobhead with no education or sophistication of thought whatsoever'.

No wonder he likes Australia.
That's a bit unfortunate for pommybird!
Old Feb 21st 2010, 2:28 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Poor old pommybird!
Prat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.