Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Wikiposts

Comfortably numb......

Old Jan 2nd 2011, 8:28 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by Pollyana
My sister's kids think its hilarious! The Chipmunks have a girlfriend - and they all share her
don't think the Chipettes from The Squeakquel would be impressed though
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 8:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
don't think the Chipettes from The Squeakquel would be impressed though
They are a bit slutty, so I'm reliably informed
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 9:12 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

They are a bit slutty, so I'm reliably informed
disgusting it was, lust at first sight for Alvin and Co

missus in her sick bed so time for some MarioKart and maybe 1/2 hour of cricket before bed
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 10:03 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

disgusting it was, lust at first sight for Alvin and Co

missus in her sick bed so time for some MarioKart and maybe 1/2 hour of cricket before bed
You should be ministering to the poor dear, not enjoying yourself
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 10:18 am
Shiny Arse Know All

You should be ministering to the poor dear, not enjoying yourself
she's asleep and i've brought back drugs and made tea - ergo done my bit
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 10:20 am
Home and Happy

she's asleep and i've brought back drugs and made tea - ergo done my bit
I'll let you relax with the cricket then Kind aren't I
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 10:21 am
Shiny Arse Know All

I'll let you relax with the cricket then Kind aren't I
thank you m'lady, kowtowing back to couch
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 10:22 am
Home and Happy

thank you m'lady, kowtowing back to couch
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 5:12 pm
Home and Happy

Right, time to let off steam!!!!!

1) If you are going to come and work in our office at 5am - or any other time really - please do us the favour of ensuring you don't need to spend the first half hour making loud vomiting noises into the wastepaper bin. I don't care whether its catching or not, I just don't want to listen to it We do have toilets, go make your noises in there

2) This is a perennial whinge of mine, this time I'm even going to take it to our media people though.
Every time there is an event big-wigs appear on the TV talking about how "Queenslanders" are pulling together and helping each other. This morning we had a senior police officer in the office saying on TV that he was "proud to be a Queenslander" as they were all busy helping their neighbours.

I'm not a Queenslander - even with an Aussie passport there is no way I can ever be a "Qlder" cos I just live here. Nor do I want to be. I'm used to the "Aussies all pulling together" stuff now, but now its got as fragmented as "Qlders" helping each other - WTF does he think the rest of us are doing :curse:
The reason I'm going to bring it up with our media people now though is this - they are bringing in SES and paid staff from Victoria and possibly NSW to help out. So when these SES volunteers have given up their own time to come up and help out, they have to listen to someone talking about "Queenslanders" pulling together. Not even "Australians" just "Queenslanders". That - to my mind - is a bit of an insult really.

As for the police officer, well I refuse to be spoken to the way he spoke to me this morning, but if my current concoction of newts and old potatoes has the desired effect he won't be speaking to anyone for a while
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 5:16 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Right, time to let off steam!!!!!

1) If you are going to come and work in our office at 5am - or any other time really - please do us the favour of ensuring you don't need to spend the first half hour making loud vomiting noises into the wastepaper bin. I don't care whether its catching or not, I just don't want to listen to it We do have toilets, go make your noises in there

2) This is a perennial whinge of mine, this time I'm even going to take it to our media people though.
Every time there is an event big-wigs appear on the TV talking about how "Queenslanders" are pulling together and helping each other. This morning we had a senior police officer in the office saying on TV that he was "proud to be a Queenslander" as they were all busy helping their neighbours.

I'm not a Queenslander - even with an Aussie passport there is no way I can ever be a "Qlder" cos I just live here. Nor do I want to be. I'm used to the "Aussies all pulling together" stuff now, but now its got as fragmented as "Qlders" helping each other - WTF does he think the rest of us are doing :curse:
The reason I'm going to bring it up with our media people now though is this - they are bringing in SES and paid staff from Victoria and possibly NSW to help out. So when these SES volunteers have given up their own time to come up and help out, they have to listen to someone talking about "Queenslanders" pulling together. Not even "Australians" just "Queenslanders". That - to my mind - is a bit of an insult really.

As for the police officer, well I refuse to be spoken to the way he spoke to me this morning, but if my current concoction of newts and old potatoes has the desired effect he won't be speaking to anyone for a while
Happy New Year!

I agree about the QLD bias stuff, it's almost as annoying as the media's use of the words 'battler' and 'doing it tough'.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 5:21 pm

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

HNY folks! I'm back in civilisation & watching ch9 in chilly but sunnier than Sydney Tokyo - how did the copper speak to you, Polly? All the Aussies I met on my trip were deferential if anything...
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 5:37 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by expatasia
HNY folks! I'm back in civilisation & watching ch9 in chilly but sunnier than Sydney Tokyo - how did the copper speak to you, Polly? All the Aussies I met on my trip were deferential if anything...
He was less than polite when asking for - or maybe I should say demanding - info for his iTV interview, lets put it that way! Perfectly OK when speaking to his own staff, but for some reason I was the dirt under his boots - I don't think it was a pommie/Aussie thing, he hadn't even introduced himself so wouldn't have heard my accent. I think it was an "I'm a senior police officer, you're just an office worker" attitude, thats what annoys me. Left the request till the last second, then abused me when I explained our computers run a backup at that time of day and they only work at one speed - slower than usual
We are a good team, and we pull together when we have a big event, we always have. We keep it that way by remembering we are all on the same side, and we don't need people coming in and causing bad feeling

Anyway.........Happy new thingie and all that......you enjoy your trip ?

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 2nd 2011 at 9:00 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 5:54 pm

He was less than polite when asking for - or maybe I should say demanding - info for his iTV interview, lets put it that way! Perfectly OK when speaking to his own staff, but for some reason I was the dirt under his boots - I don't think it was a pommie/Aussie thing, he hadn't even introduced himself so wouldn't have heard my accdent. I think it was an "I'm a senior police officer, you're just an office worker" attitude, thats what annoys me. Left the request till the last second, then abused me when I explained our computers run a backup at that time of day and they only work at one speed - slower than usual

you enjoy your trip ?

What, did you brick yourself that much?

Fine trip thanks, was so busy didn't even get time to resort to technology. Pampered campers in the NT we were, golf on Xmas Day in the lovely Barossa Valley & enjoyed chatting Ashes with the locals wherever we went. Expensive country innit, just bought some TimTams from my local import shop here cheaper than I could have got 'em in Adelaide...
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 6:43 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

Originally Posted by expatasia
What, did you brick yourself that much?

Fine trip thanks, was so busy didn't even get time to resort to technology. Pampered campers in the NT we were, golf on Xmas Day in the lovely Barossa Valley & enjoyed chatting Ashes with the locals wherever we went. Expensive country innit, just bought some TimTams from my local import shop here cheaper than I could have got 'em in Adelaide...
Welcome back although if you think it's expensive God help the rest of us
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 6:57 pm

Welcome back although if you think it's expensive God help the rest of us
Oh brutal mate, camel sausages are cheap & tasty though - never eaten so much meat in my bloody life as on this trip. (Also bitterly regret taking the vegetarian meal option on Qantas)

It won't bother you when you're earning $AUS though - when are you off to live in the Barossa?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.