Wikiposts

Aus police

Old Sep 19th 2009, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice
Default Re: Aus police

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
if I did that here in Norn Irn that girl and all of her mates would start spitting on me
lol lol I got a good giggle visualising that
Old Sep 19th 2009, 10:35 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by looky
lol lol I got a good giggle visualising that
Thanks for that...glad you got some pleasure out of that vision...
Old Sep 19th 2009, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I do, but I guess coming from Northern Ireland I feel I've been exposed to a fair bit, in my policing role. I will still be a serving officer when I first move to Oz, having only taken a career break from my PSNI role. So it'll be interesting to see what the local police where I'll be living, will be like. I'll go with an open mind and see how much I actually do have to learn! Ta
My comment was really in response to your asking about whether you could complain. Once here, you may realise that reporting a police officer for being 'rude' or 'unprofessional' will be met with laughter and then dismissed. Im sure you would make a fine plod!
Old Sep 19th 2009, 10:57 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
My comment was really in response to your asking about whether you could complain. Once here, you may realise that reporting a police officer for being 'rude' or 'unprofessional' will be met with laughter and then dismissed. Im sure you would make a fine plod!
I am a fine plod, ta, as are my brother and my step-father was too! Tis in me blood lol

Aw well, as I said, open mind...no pre-judgements...and let's see how I get treated lol
Old Sep 19th 2009, 11:24 pm
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

My fathers girlfriend died in police custody in Queensland. She shouldn't have even been in a cell .. and they wrote rude things about her in their nightbook (or whatever it is called) It was investigated as part of a royal commission into aboriginal deaths in cistody....

QLD police are horrible.. I know one poor chap that quit the Qld police (around 2001) after he started to really enjoy beating the bodies of those he arrested.. he became terrified of what he had become.. and left the force.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 11:26 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

All power to the peeler (Norn Irn word for police officer) on the platform, if I did that here in Norn Irn that girl and all of her mates would start spitting on me and if I did anything about it, it'd be seen as (the favourite term used over here) 'HEAVY HANDED POLICING' lolol and a breach of their HUMAN RIGHTS! GRRRRR LOL

On this side of the Irish sea coppers deal very assertively with individuals who spit. they will normally put them to the floor immediately. Good on them I say - it's a disgusting habit that can spread infection
Old Sep 19th 2009, 11:32 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by copa
My fathers girlfriend died in police custody in Queensland. She shouldn't have even been in a cell .. and they wrote rude things about her in their nightbook (or whatever it is called) It was investigated as part of a royal commission into aboriginal deaths in cistody....

QLD police are horrible.. I know one poor chap that quit the Qld police (around 2001) after he started to really enjoy beating the bodies of those he arrested.. he became terrified of what he had become.. and left the force.
That's terrible... oh crikey me!
Old Sep 19th 2009, 11:38 pm
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point

That's terrible... oh crikey me!
watch out for older country cops ... and young country guys sent to work in city stations and are eager to put those [insert cultural group] in their place..

I used to work with a guy who was a police officer in Northern Territory (not in Darwin) in the 60s ... he said a few years before he arrive people were still having gun fights in the street .. his tales of casual abuse of aboriginals were appalling.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly the police forces in several states have been found to be corrupt (via high level inquiries)...it seems to be a real problem.

I have 2 mates who are police (a husband and wife) and they seem OK, but I don't know them in a work capacity.

My dealings have not been positive....breath tested in remote WA on way to milk bar and tested 2 mins later having bought milk. I said "I have my own straw, which you gave me on the other side of the road" - not rudely just as a 'save your equipment" comment. Copper took offence and was v rude.

Another time a driver of a fully laden gravel lorry was tailgating me. As there are speed cameras in the area, I slowed down to drop into the next lane. Gravel driver took this personally and then started harrassing me whilst going up the Westgate bridge. Going downhill, he chased me and drove at me by crossing 3 lanes and tried to push my car into the barrier. I pulled off freeway shaking, and went to report him to the police. Stupid policewoman said it was my fault for not moving out of his way and speeding up. I pointed out that this meant exceeding speed limit and probably doing 100 in a 80 zone, as truckie was going well in excess of 80km limit. She did nothing - did not even take details. So I phoned his company and they took it seriously.

Lots of little incidents show the police in a not good light and I would not particularly turn to them as I would expect to in UK (maybe wrongly!)
Old Sep 20th 2009, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

A lot has to do with your attitude. If you fail that test, then standby.

Barney
Old Sep 20th 2009, 11:25 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by POW148

Barney
Tell that to Rodney King!?
Old Sep 20th 2009, 12:31 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
Tell that to Rodney King!?
Or the mother of a missing child.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by POW148

Barney
A friend of ours was in the police for several years in the UK and then joined the force over here. They left after 6 months because it was so bad. A lot has to do with the attitude of the police here, they fail that test regularly and yet very little seems to get done about it.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

More police antics http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...28-421,00.html
Old Sep 20th 2009, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I do wonder how many parents would be angry at their kid being ordered to wipe up their own spit with their top and think it was out of order?
I would. I think spitting is disgusting and would be appalled if one of my children did that. However, that is no excuse for a police officer to abuse his authority in this way. I would have no problem if he had made the girl find some paper to clean up the mess but what he did was totally inappropriate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.