Aus police

Old Sep 19th 2009, 6:44 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aus police

I got stopped in Mackay having just picked up a Hilux from one of the rental mob at the airport. 'do you know why I stopped you' he said
'er no' I said 'because there's no rear lights on this vehicle, I'll let it go as you've just picked it up (i explained my situation to him), but you shouldn't drive with no lights as no-one will see you'

'well you effin did' I nearly said, glad I didn't tho
Old Sep 19th 2009, 6:47 pm
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
After I got stopped for the sixth, yes sixth, Tuesday morning running in the same street, at the same time of day, for a RBT I wound down the window and lightheartedly said to the cop, "come on mate, how is this random, same day, same time, week after week".

The response was "what's your ****king point?". End of conversation.
I think the lesson here is that you cannot engage in "witty" banter with people in authority. Just do as you are told or give them what they want (minus the smart-arse wisecracks) and you'll get to go about your business.

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
Surely you can report them for swearing at you?
To who? The Police?
Old Sep 19th 2009, 6:51 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fenton Beasley
I think the lesson here is that you cannot engage in "witty" banter with people in authority. Just do as you are told or give them what they want (minus the smart-arse wisecracks) and you'll get to go about your business.

To who? The Police?
Is there no ombudsman in Oz? Or anything similar?!
Old Sep 19th 2009, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish
That wasn't Albion Park Rail was it? My missus got stopped by an RBT 6 times on the same day, admittedly she was test driving cars, but they did start just waving her through after afew times

I am in the SES and one of our trucks got stopped coming out of our HQ by a RBT! and hour later it got stopped coming back into the depot Where did they think they had been up the pub on this piss
Old Sep 19th 2009, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
You have much to learn.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 6:56 pm
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
You have much to learn.
I think it's you who has much to learn.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 6:57 pm
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Yes there are, both State and Federal.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with OD on this one. The bad ones imo are the majority but then I'm a Celtic supporter from Glasgow.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

The learning never stops.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 7:05 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

The thing is if you swear back you get arrested, and if you complain about it you'll get laughed at. Better to bide your time and frame the potty mouthed bastard for some horrific crime
Old Sep 19th 2009, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

oh and don't forget that they can give you as many smart arse wisecracks as they like... and we (or rather I) just had to take it on the chin as I couldnt tell them to **** off as I normally would have, should anyone else have spoken to me in that sort of manner due to the fact that they are the law

Em x

Last edited by emelems; Sep 19th 2009 at 7:09 pm.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 7:47 pm
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
oh and don't forget that they can give you as many smart arse wisecracks as they like... and we (or rather I) just had to take it on the chin as I couldnt tell them to **** off as I normally would have, should anyone else have spoken to me in that sort of manner due to the fact that they are the law

Em x
Sorry to hear about your bad experience but because they hold all the power, they can say what they like and act how they like. It doesn't make it RIGHT, but that's the way it is. There are arseholes in all walks of life and that includes the Police. If you fight back there's only gonna be one winner and that isn't you.

As I say... It doesn't make it right!

I think most coppers are decent and civil but if you ask them something like, "Why don't you catch proper crooks" as they are breath testing you, the chances are you're the fifty-first person to ask them that that day.

Last edited by Fenton Beasley; Sep 19th 2009 at 7:58 pm.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 7:54 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stevenglish
That wasn't Albion Park Rail was it? My missus got stopped by an RBT 6 times on the same day, admittedly she was test driving cars, but they did start just waving her through after afew times
It was Manning Street in Kiama... just after the school run. They were there, every Tuesday for about three months. Not really very "random' !
Old Sep 19th 2009, 7:55 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Surely you can report them for swearing at you?
Yeah, like that's going to work !!
Old Sep 19th 2009, 8:21 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear about your bad experience but because they hold all the power, they can say what they like and act how they like. It doesn't make it RIGHT, but that's the way it is. There are arseholes in all walks of life and that includes the Police. If you fight back there's only gonna be one winner and that isn't you.

As I say... It doesn't make it right!

I think most coppers are decent and civil but if you ask them something like, "Why don't you catch proper crooks" as they are breath testing you, the chances are you're the fifty-first person to ask them that that day.
It wasn't really that horrendous to be fair.. and I am usually quite a tolerant person towards things like this.. ie, they have to lord it a bit because its all part of the psychology(sp?) of policing the state etc etc.. however, these guys managed to leave a horrible feeling with me.. I am not that easily intimidated, but they were pretty unpleasant..

Moving on.. I actually have no problem whatsoever with random (or not so much as the case may be) breathalising.. if it stops even 1 person getting behind the wheel whilst a bit pissed then that is fine with me..

Em x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.