Aus police

Old Sep 19th 2009, 8:25 pm
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aus police

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Yeah, like that's going to work !!
I suppose we just have to put up with it then?!?
Old Sep 19th 2009, 8:32 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
I suppose we just have to put up with it then?!?
no, officially... but yes in the big wide world... sticks and stones, sticks and stones..

Em x
Old Sep 19th 2009, 8:59 pm
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
no, officially... but yes in the big wide world... sticks and stones, sticks and stones..

Em x
I think there is a difference between name calling in the playground and public officials.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 9:01 pm
Account Closed

I think there is a difference between name calling in the playground and public officials.
Indeed... I do actually agree with you in an ideal world.. but alas I don't really think it holds any substance..

Em x
Old Sep 19th 2009, 9:03 pm
Banned

Indeed... I do actually agree with you in an ideal world.. but alas I don't really think it holds any substance..

Em x
What doesn't hold any substance? Police have codes of conduct to abide to.

Last edited by Lord_Farquar; Sep 19th 2009 at 9:06 pm.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 9:06 pm
Account Closed

What doesn't hold any substance?
The whole "they are officials"... so therefore should be "better than that"...

They aren't.. from my experience..

As I said.. I do think they should be.. but thats not the way it works.. well, from my experiences in life..

jeez, I am now feeling a need to add a disclaimer..

Em x
Old Sep 19th 2009, 9:09 pm
Account Closed

and then add in the whole "old boys club" should you want to make a complaint over something like name calling and swearing.. majority wouldnt take it seriously I would think..

So, in essence, what I am attempting to say is that although it is a bit wrong, officially, it happens and don't take it to heart..

Em x
Old Sep 19th 2009, 9:10 pm
Banned

The whole "they are officials"... so therefore should be "better than that"...

They aren't.. from my experience..

As I said.. I do think they should be.. but thats not the way it works.. well, from my experiences in life..

jeez, I am now feeling a need to add a disclaimer..

Em x
I didn't say they were "better than that". I meant that if they swear at you, you should report it as they are officials representing the public.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 9:13 pm
Account Closed

I didn't say they were "better than that". I meant that if they swear at you, you should report it as they are officials representing the public.
I know you didn't.. i said it.. its an opinion.. and I heard what you were saying in the first place I was just voicing what I thought about it..

Oh ma life.. I am NOT going around in circles for anyone..

*sighs*

Em x
Old Sep 19th 2009, 9:36 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
You have much to learn.
Maybe I do, but I guess coming from Northern Ireland I feel I've been exposed to a fair bit, in my policing role. I will still be a serving officer when I first move to Oz, having only taken a career break from my PSNI role. So it'll be interesting to see what the local police where I'll be living, will be like. I'll go with an open mind and see how much I actually do have to learn! Ta
Old Sep 19th 2009, 9:59 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I have had a couple of dealings, when Mr PP had their accident, the two coppers were really nice - suppose they had to be really, but one of them gave me a hug

The second time was a few days later when there was some trouble with aboriginals and our neighbour - I told the police that Mr PP has just come out of hospital and I was quite qorried (trust me there were alot of Aboriginals turning up from seemingly nowhere)

The police kept a watch on our house for two days to see if we were OK. However, I have heard some dreadful stories and I am wary and think that wherever you live, there are good and bad coppers and I would not want to upset a bad one.

The best time was at Perth train station and an English girl who was with her pals, spat on the platform. The copper came up and told her to wipe it up, when she ignored him, he said 'Wipe it up, you are not in ****ing pommie land now!' and when she said she had no tissues, he made her use the sleeve of her hoodie top. God that was funny to see that!

I did see an Aboriginal woman spitting and kicking a copper at Perth, he just had the front of her top and was holding her at arms length while she screamed, kicked and spat at him.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 10:12 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I have had a couple of dealings, when Mr PP had their accident, the two coppers were really nice - suppose they had to be really, but one of them gave me a hug

The second time was a few days later when there was some trouble with aboriginals and our neighbour - I told the police that Mr PP has just come out of hospital and I was quite qorried (trust me there were alot of Aboriginals turning up from seemingly nowhere)

The police kept a watch on our house for two days to see if we were OK. However, I have heard some dreadful stories and I am wary and think that wherever you live, there are good and bad coppers and I would not want to upset a bad one.

The best time was at Perth train station and an English girl who was with her pals, spat on the platform. The copper came up and told her to wipe it up, when she ignored him, he said 'Wipe it up, you are not in ****ing pommie land now!' and when she said she had no tissues, he made her use the sleeve of her hoodie top. God that was funny to see that!

I did see an Aboriginal woman spitting and kicking a copper at Perth, he just had the front of her top and was holding her at arms length while she screamed, kicked and spat at him.
All power to the peeler (Norn Irn word for police officer) on the platform, if I did that here in Norn Irn that girl and all of her mates would start spitting on me and if I did anything about it, it'd be seen as (the favourite term used over here) 'HEAVY HANDED POLICING' lolol and a breach of their HUMAN RIGHTS! GRRRRR LOL
Old Sep 19th 2009, 10:20 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
All power to the peeler (Norn Irn word for police officer) on the platform, if I did that here in Norn Irn that girl and all of her mates would start spitting on me and if I did anything about it, it'd be seen as (the favourite term used over here) 'HEAVY HANDED POLICING' lolol and a breach of their HUMAN RIGHTS! GRRRRR LOL
I do wonder how many parents would be angry at their kid being ordered to wipe up their own spit with their top and think it was out of order?
Old Sep 19th 2009, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

I do wonder how many parents would be angry at their kid being ordered to wipe up their own spit with their top and think it was out of order?
Wouldnt bother me.. I think spitting is a disgusting habit...

Em x
Old Sep 19th 2009, 10:29 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Personally I'd be even more annoyed at my child ignoring a figure of authority. Kids lack so much respect for people these days, I'd never have spoken to my teachers the way you see some kids doing, and in the street the attitudes of some children towards adults. We'd have feared adults in the past, now, the adults are in fear of talking to the 'yoofs', that's no way to be!

I wouldn't have made her wipe it up with her sleeve, but I'd have insisted she go to the loos and get a paper towel. In future she'd think twice about gobbing on the ground, as it's pretty minging.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.