Wikiposts

Aus police

Old Sep 20th 2009, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future
Default Re: Aus police

Forgot to say that had I witnessed that scene I would have taken the officer's number and reported him.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

I have been driving for over 30 years, have always held a clean driving licence. I have been burgled on 5 occasions, breath tested over 20 times and given evidence in court on at least 10 occasions.

I have never had a problem with any police officers that I have dealt with.

My question is - Why might that be ? ? ?

My answer is - Attitude, its not a coinsidence.

Barney
Old Sep 20th 2009, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by POW148
I have been driving for over 30 years, have always held a clean driving licence. I have been burgled on 5 occasions, breath tested over 20 times and given evidence in court on at least 10 occasions.

Barney

Probably because they all know you by name.

I hope never to have that much contact with the law.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 8:36 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Barney
Perhaps you're just lucky then.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Doesnt sound like it.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 8:43 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been driving for over 30 years.....
I think its about time you stopped and had a lie down then....
Old Sep 20th 2009, 8:45 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

how come you're quick enough to comment when people don't share your view of the police, but not in reply to my earlier apology to you??
Old Sep 20th 2009, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Barney
How much is a paid informant getting these days. just kidding
Old Sep 20th 2009, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I think its about time you stopped and had a lie down then....

He must have eyes like pissholes in the snow.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 8:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Barney
Never have a problem with Police in most cases.... Country cops dont seem to like me, I can put up with that.

However the Cops seem to have a real problem with Melbourne Victory supporters. They managed to spray some capsicum spray at Mothers and Kids who were queueing up for food at one of the takeaways at Telstra dome during the Sydney Game last year.

There was a bit of a skirmish between Sydney and MV fans... the MV fans got moved on by the police... the Women and Kids carried on Queueing obviously not expecting that the Cops wanted them to move as well ... out came the Capsicum spray.

Not conducive to good relations for what the cops commonly refer to as "Sokah Wogs"

I will add that the SA and NSW police are far better in their handling of real football fans.

Will find out about the Qland cops this coming weekend I guess... there are a lot of travelling MV fans going to the Gold Coast game.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Sep 20th 2009 at 8:56 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Zenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to all

I grew up in Australia and we were taught to have respect for the police. Sadly having lived over in the Uk for the past 11 years, there seems to be a stark contrast, the kids (& some adults for that matter) have no respect for the police and do what they like. You rarely see the police about except when there is a football match on.

You see people blatantly speeding or not obeying the road rules in front of the police and they do nothing. In all my time here I have never been breathalysed.

If you are pulled over by the cops in Oz then it is because they are actually doing their jobs and if you show respect for that then they are usually pretty good. I have been back on holiday and been pulled over for speeding (forgetting I was not on the M6) and although I was annoyed at getting the fine, it was my own fault and it was not for me to take it out on the cop who was doing his job. Yes, sometimes them doing their job can cause you an inconvenience like being breathalysed several times in the week but they are only acting on their instructions. I would say more often than not they get verbally abused first and they have to develop a very thick skin.

In any profession you will find those who do their job with a passion and do it well but there will always be some that have been worn down and probably should be looking to change career.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 10:35 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish
how come you're quick enough to comment when people don't share your view of the police, but not in reply to my earlier apology to you??
I didn't think I needed to reply. However, thank you for your apology, I honestly do appreciate it. And yes I'm quick to reply to people who seem to think that it's the fault of the public when police are rude arrogant pricks. (As you can see I'm still bitter)
Old Sep 20th 2009, 10:37 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't think I needed to reply. However, thank you for your apology, I honestly do appreciate it. And yes I'm quick to reply to people who seem to think that it's the fault of the public when police are rude arrogant pricks. (As you can see I'm still bitter)
I was just thinking along the lines of "how the hell could I have changed my attitude towards them when I was being as nice as pie and as helpful as I could?".. didnt seem to stop them being total arseholes... and like I said before, there was naff all I could do about it.. it wasn't a nice feeling atall.. still makes my skin crawl a bit..

Em x
Old Sep 21st 2009, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Barney
Similar to me driving for over 30 yrs, never been burgled though but been had for speeding 3 times, breath tested once here on holiday, woke up a few mornings in the cells all my fault being pissed but i can honestly say the Police were not at fault I was. They were doing their job i was in the wrong and am grown up enough to admit it. Never had a problem with the Police doing their job.

John
Old Sep 21st 2009, 2:36 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Similar to me driving for over 30 yrs, never been burgled though but been had for speeding 3 times, breath tested once here on holiday, woke up a few mornings in the cells all my fault being pissed but i can honestly say the Police were not at fault I was. They were doing their job i was in the wrong and am grown up enough to admit it. Never had a problem with the Police doing their job.

John
I have a built in fear of police, I always remember my Mum saying that if I ever cheeked a copper than I would be in for a bashing.

Still scared of them now. Its the truncheons that do it - honest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.